shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart broken...

stci

Ideal_Rock
... cause It's DD anniversary and I don't have enough money to buy her a gorgeous jewel. She never asked (just saide in a jewels discussion) but in my heart I know she would like to have a tiny diamond and alternate sapphire band for her pinky.

I know she understand she's sooooo adorable but for me It's difficult to accept this situation.

Have you ever felt that feeling?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Well you are certainly so thoughtful for wanting to do this. I'm sure it's disappointing but I'm certain there is something else you can do that is just as meaningful (and cheaper)?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes... but then I remember that some of my most prized possessions are sweet, sentimental, and heartfelt cards and notes from loved ones.

This mother's day, my mother called me, choked up, because my fiance surprised her at her home with a cute mother's day card signed with his, mine, and the 2 dogs and 1 cat's names. She loved the gesture from him. It stayed displayed in the kitchen WAY past mother's day :wink2:

stci

Ideal_Rock
What is hard, it's to wear diamonds in front of DD and don't have money to buy one ring for her.

The fact is I take years and years to save the money to buy my jewels but I feel cheap not to be able to do the same for my daughter.

It's also true to say that DD is not in love with jewels like me and this is my only consolation.

For this year (today is her Birthday) I gave her cash and I hope to be able to offer this band next year.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Why don't you gift her with one of your jewels? I'm sure she would keep it forever as it would be her most important piece of jewelery besides her wedding ring :) If you can't...I'm sure she understands and she appreciates anything you are able to give her. Don't be so hard on yourself!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stci|1314932050|3007950 said:
... cause It's DD anniversary and I don't have enough money to buy her a gorgeous jewel. She never asked (just saide in a jewels discussion) but in my heart I know she would like to have a tiny diamond and alternate sapphire band for her pinky.

stci-

Je ne suis pas sûr que je comprends. Ta fille, a-t-elle dit qu'elle désire une bague de diamants et de saphirs? Elle a dit, une fois, qu'elle admire cette façon de bague? A mon avis, si tu prends plaisir quand tu donne un cadeau à ta fille, ne dépenses pas l'argent pour des autres bijoux pour quelques semaines ou quelques mois et tu pourras la faire! Moi, j'aime donner des bijoux à ma fille, mais elle les jette!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1314935433|3008007 said:
Why don't you gift her with one of your jewels? I'm sure she would keep it forever as it would be her most important piece of jewelery besides her wedding ring :) If you can't...I'm sure she understands and she appreciates anything you are able to give her. Don't be so hard on yourself!

Autumnovember-

I'm not sure stci's daughter is married. Something may be getting lost in the translation. I think stci meant that it is her birthday today, and used the word, "anniversaire" to indicate, "birthday".

Deb

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1314936585|3008017 said:

Autumnovember-

I'm not sure stci's daughter is married. Something may be getting lost in the translation. I think stci meant that it is her birthday today, and used the word, "anniversaire" to indicate, "birthday".

Deb

Oh! I should have written "or her future wedding band" ;-) My bad =]

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Gifting is a great idea!! Also, my parents never got me jewelry and I've loved them just the same!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know how it feels, though. My mother always wanted to give me some jewelry and never could. It was such a luxury.
I bet she does not feel one half as bad as you do.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Ho I'm sorry I mean Birthday!

You gave me good idea! Thank you very much!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of gigging her something special of yours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results