shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen the new Hugh Grant movie...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Music & Lyrics with Drew Barrymore? Forgive me if someone has already posted this, but the video for the intro song "Pop, Goes My Heart" is TOO funny!!!
9.gif
19.gif
3.gif
I haven''t actually seen the movie yet, but the video is on youtube-total 80''s flashback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0A7dtdc-nU

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did see it, and I thought it was predictable I really did enjoyed it! Reminded me of Wham...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, Totally 80''s. heehee
Hugh had the mullet and new wavey hair going on all at once!
That made me laugh and was kinda cute!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I sooooooooooo now wanna see this movie - lol...I never know that Hugh Grant could sing...and oh the comment..."I''m sorry, you will have to sing a little louder, this song is intended for humans" too funnay! he and Drew actually do not sound that bad together :}

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I didn''t realize this was a NEW video!!!! I thought it was from the 80''s!!!!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I know-I can''t stop laughing about this-can''t wait to see it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband was making fun of me because I really thought it was the 80's even the skinny tie was from the 80's. Dance moves, everything!!! He said he heard about it and why didn't I. Then I told him to name the movie and he couldn't. LOL

oh goodness; it is called "music and Lyrics"

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I enjoyed this movie. It was total fluff, but cute. Hugh did a great job singing and playing a has been pop star from the eighties.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw it and although it was totally predictable, I thought it was really good. I''m a sucker for romantic comedies! I found myself singing the song for the rest of the day though and after a while, it was a tad annoying, even to me -- never mind my boyfriend, who didn''t even see it with me.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was predictable too but the cleverness of it outweighed that. That video was a riot and very clever. I was reading the People review and I thought they had it dead on. Hugh Grant making fun of his aging rock star self was funny and they didn''t take themselves too seriously.

I loved the end when the did that take off on Pop Up Video. Do you guys remember that? I used to come home from bars in college (a little tipsy) and watch it late at night.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
my college age daughter and i saw it a couple of weeks ago and loved it. she''s home on break now and we hope to see it again...like everyone said, totally predictable but totally cute and the chemistry between them is easy to take, they''re both so cute in this. we loved looking up the songs and videos online and singing along....enjoy the flashback! why not feel good
1.gif

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I saw it yesterday. The reviews were pretty average so I wasn''t expecting too much from the movie. Which is probably why I loved it - if I had gone expecting it to be fantastic, I would have been disappointed. It''s a colour by numbers chick flick. Predictable but who cares. The movie gave me what I wanted - happy ending, some good belly laughs and to top it off, some really bad flashbacks of the 80s

I''ve never really been a Drew Barrymore fan - too often plays a fruitcake or ditzy character but I did like her in this movie.

Hugh''s dance scenes reminded me of his part in Love Actually - where he''s the PM and he''s dancing through 10 Downing Street to that Pointer Sisters'' song (can''t remember the name of the song). It was hilarious.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting this video. I have watched a million times and it still cracks me up.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen it. Don''t know if I will. Do Hugh and Drew have any chemistry? It doesn''t seem like it from the previews.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 7:39:29 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I haven''t seen it. Don''t know if I will. Do Hugh and Drew have any chemistry? It doesn''t seem like it from the previews.
I didn''t really think so. I find Drew Barrymore a bit annoying in this movie. But she was tolerable. I think HG carries it on his own. I have never really liked him with any of his leading ladies. I thought that movie with he and Julia Roberts was awful. I didn''t like Andie McDowell in Four Weddings. I think he carries the movies on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results