shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Earth Day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Share any thoughts or suggestions on how you do your part to be green. . .

We have energy saving light bulbs, low flow toilets, a front loading washing machine and energy saving windows just to name a few.
21.gif

Happy Earth Day
35.gif
Here is a link on energy saving ideas. http://earthday.gov/

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
We also have energy saving bulbs, low flow toilets, and a front loading washing machine. We pay a little bit extra each month for 90% wind power electricity.
We''re moving to a new city soon and one of our major criteria for a new home is that it has to be in biking distance to work, market, and most other activities. We''re also going to be looking at utilities and trying to pick the most energy efficient and well insulated house we can. (somewhat conflicting due closer-in houses are older houses). The city is also on a train line so we can visit pretty much the whole west coast via train, which I believe is better than driving or flying. (Isn''t it?).

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
When our house is finished being built, we are going to use all energy saving bulbs. I actually want to register for some, but can't find them on Target's web site. Oh well.
I'm thinking we have energy saving windows. My dryer is an energy saver too.

Lately at stores, I have asked them not to include tissue paper with my purchases (You know how they wrap it up for you).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indie that is so awesome that you are going to ride your bike everywhere. It is great exercise too and the wonderful fresh air!!!

Fancy, that is a great idea on the tissue paper. I save it and use it for presents later.

My hubby has really impressed me lately; he has nice convertible but he rides the bus to work plus he gets exercise by walking a little ways to the bus stop!
Since we live in the high desert, the house we bought had grass and we are on 1/3 of an acre and so do all the neighbors. We actually put rock in the front yard and planted desert flowers! I love all the flowers and that we don't waste as much water as the previous owners. The neighbors like our flowers too
2.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
We try and do our part, but wish we could do more. We have energy saving light bulbs, try to buy organically to cut down on pesticides that go into the earth and water, buy locally grown food when possible, walk where to the store up the street or down to the beach, try and recycle!! I wish I could have a house that was solar and windpowered, with a backyard garden full of organic vegetables, with a car that ran on compressed air and left no emissions (yes they do exist), sigh. But reducing impact is so important, so even doing a little can help a lot!!!

*M*

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
heehee, I''m watching planet earth right now!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
me too!

*M*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
me three
9.gif
Poptart that is so awesome; you are so right. . . every little bit counts.
35.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Me 4. I have enjoyed the marathon they''ve shown (good thing TVs don''t take a lot of energy).

Skippy, using the tissue for presents is a good idea too!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We recently bought canvas bags to take our groceries home with (paper vs. plastic - neither), replacing our bulbs with compact florescents as the old ones burn out, lots of little things. Both my husband and I walk/bike to work about 1/3 of time. We have an old house and are trying to figure out what would be the best way to make our house more energy efficient. One of the things we are considering is getting an on-demand water heater.

I think everyone should know that there are federal tax credits that you are eligible for for making energy-efficient improvements to your home, eligible till December 2007. It covers things like windows, exterior doors, roofing, insulation, and insulating water heaters. It''s not alot (10% of cost up to 200-500 depending on the improvement), but it''s something.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have energy saving windows and I walk practically everywhere. I don''t have a car - I rent one when I need to drive somewhere. My town has a recycling program.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results