shape
carat
color
clarity

Halp! Dry Skin!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
I have horrible dry skin on my face. I kind of always have, since moving to Maryland. My face much prefers the humidity of Georgia.. But recently it''s been drier than normal. To the point where I have to rub my face with a cloth before I leave the house to get the flakes off or it looks like I''m peeling BAD.

I have tried Proactiv''s Green Tea Moisturizer, and that''s about it, I''m afraid to put anything on my face because it''s so sensitive. I wanted to ask you ladies if you have had any success with a certain product? I know gold bond is great but can you put that on your face?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Oil of Olay Regenerist Serum is AMAZING.

I have always had very dry skin, but since I found this product I''ve had no problems at all.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried washing your face with Cetaphil? They may make a lotion as well. It works really well for sensitive skin. I''ve heard that people who have really dry skin really just have sensitive skin. Because it''s so sensitive, it can''t tolerate most soap and lotion which strip it of its natural oils. So then it''s really dry. It''s an aggravating cycle, because then you use extra moisturizing products which in turn aggravate your skin. Reactions to products can also show as acne, so if you have acne, it could be a result of your sensitive skin and the dryness (which clogs your pores).

I would stop using the Proactive stuff immediately and go to a dermatologist who can accurately assess your skin and tell you how to take care of your particular type of skin. If a derm apt isn''t in the equation right now, consider going to the Clinique or Prescriptives counter and have one of the girls check out your skin.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Check out this website - this woman does incredible research about all the most current ingredients/options for various skin care, hair care, and makeup issues. That should be a good place to start for recommendations.

Also, it sounds like exfoliating might help as well. That website has information, but basically, if you have a lot of flakes, it also means the dry skin/dead skin is sticking around, and helping it turn over faster and more efficiently is likely to help with your dry skin as well.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I have dry, sensitive, break out prone skin. I''ve used Cetaphil in the past and I liked it OK. BUT, I''ve recently started using CeraVe Moisturing Cleanser and their Moisturizing Cream at the advice of my dermatologist. I LOVE IT!!!! You can find it at most drug stores.

http://cerave.com/products.htm

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 1:26:47 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Have you tried washing your face with Cetaphil? They may make a lotion as well. It works really well for sensitive skin. I''ve heard that people who have really dry skin really just have sensitive skin. Because it''s so sensitive, it can''t tolerate most soap and lotion which strip it of its natural oils. So then it''s really dry. It''s an aggravating cycle, because then you use extra moisturizing products which in turn aggravate your skin. Reactions to products can also show as acne, so if you have acne, it could be a result of your sensitive skin and the dryness (which clogs your pores).

I would stop using the Proactive stuff immediately and go to a dermatologist who can accurately assess your skin and tell you how to take care of your particular type of skin. If a derm apt isn''t in the equation right now, consider going to the Clinique or Prescriptives counter and have one of the girls check out your skin.

Luckily I don''t have any acne to speak of, just dry skin. I don''t think I could deal with both! I''ll check out the things you''ve said, thanks!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have very sensitive skin and have found one moisturizer that works well without being greasy: Estee Lauder Daywear SPF 15. I don't know if it's available where you live, but I wouldn't be without this one, and you don't need to use a lot at a time, so it lasts a long time.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser!!!!! Inexpensive, but great. My eyelids are the worst and are extremely dry. It gets off all my make-up and my skin is soft. No irritation whatsoever.

The only cleanser I have used all winter and people have told me over and over again how great my skin looks!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Add me in as a fan of Cetaphil. They have several different types of moisturizers and are worth trying out. I use them on my face, body and also on the baby
3.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I get flakes around my nostrils and at the top of my forehead near my hairline. I''ve experimented with a bunch of moisturizers, but the only thing that actually works is 1% hydrocortisone cream once a week followed by daily moisturizing (I use an oil of olay product, not sure which one). Not sure of the extent of your flaky-ness, not sure if I''d wanna hydrocortisone my whole face (it is a rather oily product), but it works well for my localized flakes. A tube is like $8 at the drug store. And for me, one application gets rid of the flakes for about a week. There is some controversity about long-term use and thinning of the skin, so definitely do your homework. Considering the suggested dose is 4x/day, I think I''ll be ok with a 1x/week dose on just around my nostrils and hairline.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have sensitive plus combination skin and break out very easily,, and I usually have a hard time with any lotion. I used the proactive, and boy it really didn''t do much for me,, it made me have some dry flakes and still made me break out (this was 5 years ago right be fore my wedding
7.gif
.. anyhow,, my sister sells Avon and I sometime try stuff here and there, and sure enough there is a lotion called Hydra radiance (spf 15) and it works on me,, no oily or dry spots it also reduces my acne,,, I converted hubby to use it and it helps him with break outs as well if he uses consistently.. but as we age, your skin changes as well, I know I"ve used products in the past that I can''t use now and. 10 years ago I used Accutane... and all sorts of skin regime...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results