shape
carat
color
clarity

Guest book idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
John and I met in New Orleans and stayed at the Bourbon Orleans which is accross the street from the George Rodrique museum. georgerodrique.com. He is the artist who uses the Blue Dog as his subject.

We have followed his work, but never got around to buying one of his books. We decided to buy one with the intention of using it as our guest book. We thought how much fun it would be to look over some of our favorite pieces of art, and little words of advice or wishes that our family has left for us.

I first saw this idea at a wedding I recently attended where the bride had a love for shoes. Someone had gotten her a book on the history of shoes at a shower, and she loved it so much, she had the guests sign the pages.

Hope this helps

1584790881.01.LZZZZZZZ[1].jpg

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
That's a really neat idea... I'm now thinking about what book would work best in my situation!
1.gif

The guestbook I saw that was really cool was a large photograph of the wedding couple. It was a beautiful picture of the two of them at the park, and the guests were to sign the picture. I thought that would make a really memorable picture to hang in the home somewhere!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool idea! I guess I should do something related to Hawaii.
2.gif
Like a photograph coffee table book of Hawaii or something...hmm. Will have to think on it.
2.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
I'm into scrapbooking, so originally I was going to put two scrapbooking pages out & have all the guests sign them & they would be the first two pages of our wedding scrapbook. Now instead, we are going to have our engagement photos (about 10-15 total different poses) put into a book with black paper background & all the guests are going to sign the photo pages with a silver metallic pen. Our photographer had one out to sample when we talked with him, and it was a great idea. The photographer will be mounting all the photos in the book, and the sample we saw was amazing. I knew that I didn't want a typical "guest book" that gets signed and then put away forever.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
My favorite was a friend who had the guestbook person take a picture of the guests (I think it was a polaroid at the time), and put it into a scrapbook right then for the guests to sign under. polaroids aren't the greatest, but having the instant scrapbook page to sign was very effective and fun.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results