shape
carat
color
clarity

Groom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Damn computer!!! Title shoud read Groom's attire - help needed please :)

Anyhoo, I am having trouble finding pics of outfits for the Groom to wear to a beachy, less formal feel wedding. We are getting married in the tropics in summer (yep, I am a doofus!), and we want open shirts, no tie, jacket and slacks, maybe even no jacket.

Can you lovely ladies please point me in the right direction for some inspiration? I can only find pics of formal wedding attire with ties etc, which is not really us.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks in advance!
35.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The knot has a destination/beach wedding page somewhere. I would look at the "real wedding" pictures if you haven''t done so already.

On a somewhat related note, FI and I were at the Banana Republic outlet yesterday and they have really nice khaki linen pants and white short-sleeved linen button downs. I think this look paired with dark brown leather flip flops would be really nice, even for a wedding. I''m kind of nontraditional that way though.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/22/2009 9:09:20 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
The knot has a destination/beach wedding page somewhere. I would look at the ''real wedding'' pictures if you haven''t done so already.

On a somewhat related note, FI and I were at the Banana Republic outlet yesterday and they have really nice khaki linen pants and white short-sleeved linen button downs. I think this look paired with dark brown leather flip flops would be really nice, even for a wedding. I''m kind of nontraditional that way though.

I agree on Banana Republic, that is where FI is getting his outfit...(he wants a long sleeved shirt which makes no sense to me but
20.gif
)

Shirt

br637918-00vliv01.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And probably these pants

br626486-01vliv01.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
or these, they were in the jeans section but it says light weight cotton.

br619706-02vliv01.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And here''s a nice blazer (and model
31.gif
)

br-otf-out14446odv01.jpg

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Hi! We had a beach wedding and my husband wore a white button up shirt with the top few buttons unbuttoned (he had a white tank top undershirt on as well) and rolled the sleeves up to be about elbow length and the shirt wasn''t tucked in. He wore khaki pants, a brown belt, and was brown flip flops, but he later took them off and was just barefoot. You might want something a BIT more formal than that, since we just eloped and didn''t have attendants or anything, but I think he just looked so cute :) It probably would have looked good with a khaki jacket as well, but my husband gets VERY warm and sweats when it''s 50 outside, so I really just wanted him to be comfortable.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Not exactly "beachy," but my FI is wearing a shirt, tie, and vest (no blazer). Kinda like this or this. I think it is a good solution for jacket or no jacket dilemma, and it makes it more comfortable for him, temperature-wise, than wearing a jacket.

I think there is a huge range in what grooms can wear for DWs, just like brides. My personal opinion is that if I am wearing a gown, FI should at least be in a tie, but I can see how this adds some stuffy into the otherwise relaxed atmosphere.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
Thankyou thankyou thankyou so much!! This is fabulous, I am so thrilled he has options, I was starting to get worried!!!

Dee, thanks for the link overload! It''s appreciated chicky
2.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
hi honey

my friend got married at your venue (im pretty sure its you) i will try and find some pics of her wedding and post what they wore! It will be very very hot ... thats all im saying! LOL

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 5:40:38 AM
Author: supergirl10
hi honey

my friend got married at your venue (im pretty sure its you) i will try and find some pics of her wedding and post what they wore! It will be very very hot ... thats all im saying! LOL
6.gif
36.gif
supergirl!!! That would be fabulous!!! Are you talking about Angsana Resort and Spa Palm Cove?! I need ALL THE DETAILS!! Photog, cake, flowers - arghh!! I am so excited. I will be F5-ing in anticipation!!!!
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Selfish, self-serving BUMP!
40.gif

supergirl10 - are you out there?
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results