shape
carat
color
clarity

Gown Undergarments!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
ladies: Please help!

I need to wear something under the dress for both support and slimming (I''m a 36D, though I don''t look it). The line of the dress keeps me from having to wear one of those froufy slips, which is good for weight. It will be hot (maybe 90 degrees) on my wedding day, so the less I have piled on the better. I tried on the bustiers they have at David''s Bridal, but you could see where it ended at my waist through the dress--just the line of it--the dress isn''t see through.
To complicate things further, I will die if I have to suffer through a thong all day...and lace makes me itch...
So...help on what to wear? A slip thing? Separate panties?
Any first-hand experience on what works best?

If anyone can find the answer, it is yall. Thanks in advance!

Favoritedresssmall.jpg

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
ps...Pardon the awful face, I was talking when Mom took the picture! I really do love the dress!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it''s not much for the slimming part, but as far as staying cool,

I know you cringed at the sound of a thong- and i used to as well, but i swear, you have got to try these out.

I have become a convert to the hanky panky "stretch lace" thong. They are very stretchy, comfortable, flattering and most importantly- pretty! And I was/am a big fan of the cotton comfort panty, so that''s saying a lot.

They sell them all over the internet, but here''s one link. I received a white pair from fi for christmas, so will most likely wear those on our wedding day, with no nylons, built in crinoline on skirt, so hopefully won''t be hot.

Stretchy Lace

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
another alternative to the stretch lace thong is the micro mesh thong. I have 2 from VS and they are my favorite pairs of underwear. I really don''t feel like I''m wearing anything at all. As far as a bra goes, I''m guess you''ll have to go with something that''s a bodysuit style so that you won''t have lines like you did with the david''s ones.

val951

Rough_Rock
I second the bodysuit idea...the first dress I wanted had the same issue...you could see the "lump" where the bra ended. Try the lace thongs...they''re great!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
although i am not denying the lace thong suggested by robbie and plantation catt is actually comfortable, i have to giggle b/c you specifically said you would ''die'' wearing a thong and/or lace...somehow i doubt you''ll want to try it out.

Try herroom. com for a huge array of undergarments

I think you should go for a thin body shaper...i wear spanx pants under dresses even in the summer and they are more comfotable than other garmets b/c they suck you in and smooth you out. I am going to wear a waist cincher for my wedding day b/c although i am fairly petite i don''t have a lot of waist definition

try this link http://www.herroom.com/shapewear.aspx

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
Thank yall! Sorry I''m just now checking back in.

labbielove, I''m currently shopping around for some hanky panky''s...I''m sure I''ll get some use out of them, wedding day or not.
robbie3982, I think I used to have some micro mesh in the bikini style; could be wrong about that. VS is having a sale here right after Valentine''s, and will be a perfect shopping opportunity for me!
val951, thanks for some empathy!
jas12, Haha, the thong wouldn''t ACTUALLY kill me...I wear them when the outfit absolutely requires...but want to be perfectly comfortable on my wedding day.
herroom.com is now officially bookmarked on my favorites list.

The search continues, as I have plenty of time to search. Yall have no idea how much you each helped!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you tried on one of those "seamless" long line bras, yes? The kind look great in theory? Those suckers cause me to cringe.........they always squeeze my hip fat down and then it bulges at the end of the bra and I look worse than before I put it on.

Did you try a regular corseted-style long line? The kind that have boning in them and look sort of sexy because you can clip stocking to them if you want to?

Those are very thin but the boning smooths you out a ton........and as long as your dress isn''t too smooth in the bodice, the boning won''t show thru.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Try Spanx- They''re great! Spanx.com

The most important thing you want to avoid is wearing something that will make it difficult to use the ladies room. Long story short, on my wedding day, I ended up cutting the crotch out of my pantyhose while my sister and personal assistant held my dress up. Look up my wedding thread for the whole hilarious story.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I wore Spanx on my wedding day and I would say it was money well spent. I got the SlimCognito--not cheap but it''s seamless and made me look smooth while helping to hold everything in.

IndiBlue

Shiny_Rock
Curly girl: With the Slim Cognito is there a way to wear it without the bra? I''ve got a strapless dress and like the idea of seamless without the bra.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results