shape
carat
color
clarity

Going to the jewelry store today....!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kitiaral

Rough_Rock
So about a month ago we went to a jewelry store for the second time (I actually count it as the first, b/c the real first time was very brief). Since then we have both been really busy and I thought he was making some "progress" and I just didn''t know it. Turns out he was just doing some research online, so I was a little disappointed. Orginally I had thought he was going to do everything on his own, but it seems like he needs some guidance. I think that he is just so nervous that I won''t like the ring. He''s too sweet! So he offered to take me again so we can narrow down a few that I like and he can choose from those. The last time we went we just browsed and it was overwhelming with the amount rings they had. So this time, I hope, will be more productive. I am just so excited!!!!! We are getting so close! We are going to Vegas in May and he has hinted that they would be a good time...but maybe he just wants me to think that? We''ll see. Just was so excited that I had to write about it. Thanks!

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
Yayyyyy! That''s so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FF never took me ring shopping... we''ve been in jewelry stores together looking at rings/jewelry for other occasions, but I was never allowed to look at erings (because he knew if he let me, we''d never leave the store.) We did all of our research online and I "custom designed" the ring (meaning i told him what i liked and didnt like about a setting and "edited it" and left it in his hands to do something about it... which he hasn''t yet...), which is wonderful and awesome and all, but part of me does wish that I had had the opportunity to go "ring shopping," you know?

So, I''m definitely excited for you! As I''ve said before, ring shopping is one of the things that undeniably proves that a god exists and has mercy on us LIWs! Lol, it''s just TOO FUN!

***DUST for you***

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I miss ring shopping... It was so fun! Enjoy yourselves!
36.gif

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
You will have SO much fun!! I know that I did. The waiting now is the hard part :)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 1:05:10 PM
Author: Tuckins1
Yay! I miss ring shopping... It was so fun! Enjoy yourselves!
36.gif
I agree. It is an exciting time! Enjoy every minute of it! (and try stuff on! seriously.. stuff I LOVED on the net, once I saw on my hand I was like... ICK!)

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
Ooh! Lucky you! I wish my bf would suggest we go ring shopping together. Have fun, and I hope you find something you love! My bf and I are going on a trip in May too, and I''m 90% certain he will propose there. I hope it happens for you in Vegas!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
have lots of fun! i hope you find something you love.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Yay! H and I have an appointment on Saturday! And I am getting so overly excited! I have to make a list and bring pictures, otherwise I get so befuddled I forget things! Take pictures if you can
28.gif
And then post them!
31.gif

gossipgirl

Rough_Rock
Ring shopping is the funnest thing ever!!! I suggest you try as many rings as possible to get an idea what style suites your personality and finger!
36.gif
36.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 11:55:58 AM
Author:Kitiaral
So about a month ago we went to a jewelry store for the second time (I actually count it as the first, b/c the real first time was very brief). Since then we have both been really busy and I thought he was making some ''progress'' and I just didn''t know it. Turns out he was just doing some research online, so I was a little disappointed. Orginally I had thought he was going to do everything on his own, but it seems like he needs some guidance. I think that he is just so nervous that I won''t like the ring. He''s too sweet! So he offered to take me again so we can narrow down a few that I like and he can choose from those. The last time we went we just browsed and it was overwhelming with the amount rings they had. So this time, I hope, will be more productive. I am just so excited!!!!! We are getting so close! We are going to Vegas in May and he has hinted that they would be a good time...but maybe he just wants me to think that? We''ll see. Just was so excited that I had to write about it. Thanks!
Hi Kitiaral,

Just checking back to see how it went! Did you have a fun time?

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
After I got engaged I still going to stores, but now to look another jewelry, the fun never ends
10.gif

Kitiaral

Rough_Rock
Yes, we had fun! We went to Robbins Brothers, but I guess they are selling that store d/t bankrupcy so buying a ring there would not be a good idea b/c I would have to send the ring in every year to get it cleaned/inspected. So we went to another store near the mall. It''s so weir b/c before I wanted a lot of "bling", diamonds on the band, etc. But I tried on some solitares and finally got that "awww" feeling. Maybe b/c it''s so classic and traditional. It kinda threw my bf for a loop though, b/c it''s completely different style than I originally said I wanted. But that''s what ring shopping is for, right?

Tomorrow my boyfriend is going to a ring store on his own!!! I''ll let you know what happens!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
That''s exciting! Let''s hope he finds something he can''t resist buying
31.gif

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
Same thing happened to me! I always said that I wanted a plain solitaire band and when I tried on one with a pave setting (which was what he liked and wanted me to get) I had that Awww feeling!!! So hopefully he goes back and gets that one and I''m just waiting for him to propose
20.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 8:26:41 AM
Author: FroggyMont
Same thing happened to me! I always said that I wanted a plain solitaire band and when I tried on one with a pave setting (which was what he liked and wanted me to get) I had that Awww feeling!!! So hopefully he goes back and gets that one and I''m just waiting for him to propose
20.gif

i was the same way with 3 stones. i could not stand the style.

and of course the ring we picked out has two side stones
9.gif

But i did get E to budge on the whole pave/miligran style, which he did not like originally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results