shape
carat
color
clarity

Gifts for Shower Hostess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
My shower is next weekend and I was wondering what is appropriate to thank the host of my bridal shower. Technically, my MOH and bridesmaids are throwing me the shower but it will be at the home of my MOH''s mother who I have known for 10+ years. I was wondering if a small gift in addition to a nice thank you note would be appropriate. Is this customary? My only thought so far is that here in Boston we have this shop called Sabon that sells the most AMAZING fragrance sticks- the kind in the glass jar that really makes the room smell wonderful. Other ideas?

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i think that''d be a very nice gift. the only thing i generally advise people against as a hostess gift is flowers because the host then has to take time to arrange them, etc. when he/she is already busy hosting a get-together. i gave the hostesses of my first shower certificates to get pedicures at a local spa i knew they both loved, and for my second shower, i gave all the hostesses gift cards to ulta, so nothing fancy or extravagant from me on either one. really, the most important part of it you''ve already covered--the thank you note!

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I just had my bridal shower and bachlorette party, so I just sent my 2 bridesmaids a bouquet of flowers to there offices. I dear friend of mine put together my bachlorette party so I also sent her flowers. She is getting them today. My bachlorette party was saturday. I''m posting them up today !

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
yeah, blissful makes a good point--flowers are a great hostess gift if they are delivered either before or after the event; i just wouldn''t bring them to the party/shower/whatever because the hostess has to deal with them while trying to keep up with everything else, but if sent ahead of time or afterward, flowers are always fun (to me anyway...did i mention i love flowers?)!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I gave flowers they could plant to the hosts of my showers as they both love to garden (I brought them with me...) then after the shower, I sent a nice card to each.

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
I think the fragrance sticks sound like a great idea. I gave my hostesses both Willow Angels as thank yous after the shower.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
I love Sabon! They have the most amazing things that smell wonderful! I would definitely get those! Having flowers delivered before hand is a great idea too.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about putting together a themed gift basket? You could do "relaxation" and incorporate tea, a mug (or bottle of wine/glass), candles, bubble bath, lotion, etc. Or a breakfast basket with gourmet pancake mix and syrup, coffee, tea, mugs, napkins, etc. I do this a lot with friends. Most of the stuff you need can be picked up at your local Target or TJMaxx/Homegoods.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
My best friend''s mom also hosted my shower in her home, with help from all of my BM''s. I got each BM a Vera Bradley umbrella (the sentiment being that you hope their next "shower" is as beautiful as this one - I saw it on the Knot somewhere and loved it since my BM''s gifts were all going to be VB bags and other accessories) , and a note thanking them for everything. I made my best friend''s mom a gift basket of goodies from Williams Sonoma. She loves to cook and loves bright colors so I got her a yellow pancake mixing bowl, gourmet pankcake mix and syrup, yellow striped oven mitts, apron, and dish towels and a spatula. She loved it.

Does your MOH''s mom have any hobbies or activities that she enjoys that you can base her gift off of?

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies for your suggestions. I love the ideas of themed baskets or personalized gifts, however she is so active and involved I couldn''t pick just one and she is one of those women who has everything! Maybe I will try to make some breakfast baskets or something for my MOH! Good ideas!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I gave my girls that threw the shower button necklaces made by a seller on Etsy. They were something in their style that they totally dug.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gave all of the hostesses from my showers pieces from Crate & Barrel that I knew each would like. (Serving dishes, linens, etc. They all love that stuff, though. It was fun!)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I sent my shower hostess her favorite flowers. My other option was a gift certificate to one of her favorite restaurants. Not particularly creative ideas, but always appreciated, I think!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results