shape
carat
color
clarity

GemFever is married! Thanks for your advice, PSers!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dear PSers,

I came here a few months ago frantically looking for advice on how to start planning my 4-months-before-the-event-last-minute wedding. Immediately you guys gave me all the leads I needed, and off I went to plan my home-made wedding. Just a quick update: it happened! It went well! Everybody loved it, we were lucky with the weather, food was delicious, we had a great community feeling (read: all our friends were involved in helping ;-) ).

How we did it: rented two houses in a picturesque area of Virginia, about a two hour drive from where we live. Then dumped almost all the planning on my mom and her best friend, and my MIL :lol: Well, not quite... but almost. Mom was definitely feeling more responsible and stressing for the both of us. She made it all happen. She's amazing, and I'm very lucky!

Oh, she also made my dress. Which was perfect. ::)

What else to add... I didn't stress too much about the details. I used a pair of shoes I already had, didn't have bridesmaids, asked a friend to take our photos (and she did an amazing job, to my taste). What I was most concerned about is that we had good food, drink, and our guests would be comfortable and have fun. I think the mission was accomplished ::)

Thanks for your help at that key moment in the beginning!

Cheers!

_1478.jpg

5f0a8508.jpg

5f0a8802.jpg

5f0a8756.jpg

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It looks like a beautiful day! I'm so glad everything came together so well for you.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your dress is gorgeous!! The weather was perfect for you and love the reception space! congratulations on your new married life - best wishes for a lifetime of love and happiness :halo:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad to hear that everything turned out so well! Looks like you had a great time! And your mom made the dress?? That is such a fabulous thing for her to do! :D

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks gals! And I'm really grateful to PS and this forum for being here at that key moment (when I was freaking out and didn't know where to begin ;-) ).

Cheers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results