shape
carat
color
clarity

future bridesmaid suggestion (posted in LIW thread, too)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
I posted this thread in the LIW forum yesterday, but I thought that you lucky BIW might have some opinions....

I was having lunch with two of my dearest friends today, who will most certainly be a bridesmaid when I eventually get married (still waiting on the ring!
emsmile.gif
)
We are busy helping one of my other friends plan her wedding and she is having quite a time trying to pick wedding colours.
Anyway, my friend suggested to the bride-to-be a colour scheme. I thought it sounded interesting...but cannot imagine how it would look. This is what she suggested...
The flowers would all be shades of autumn.
The bridesmaids would be wearing tea-length black dresses. Each bridesmaid would have a ribbon sash that would be tied at the back of the dress. Here''s the kicker: each bridesmaid would have a different "fall-coloured" sash, in example, one would have a deep red, another would have burnt orange and another would have the golden yellow. There would then be groomsmen in all black tuxes, except for their tie''s - which would match one of the bridesmaids sashes. So, you would have a bridesmaid with a red sash and a groomsman with a red tie, a bridesmaid with a burnt orange sash and a groomsman with a burnt orange tie....you get the picture....

How does that sound to you?

I am iffy on the idea.
I think it might look a bit much.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I think it sounds nice. I was a BM in a fall wedding in 2005. We all wore the same dress in different fall colors. I was burnt orange. The plan was to have the guys in vests and ties that matched our dresses, but we couldn''t find close enough matches for some so the guys ended up all wearing the same vest. I liked the look.

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
I think that could be a really neat and classy look. There would not be that much difference if all it entailed was a different coloured sash. I think you could compliment the look by doing bm bouquets that matched the colour of their sashes and then the gm bouts could be done to match. I think it could create some really interesting and dynamic pictures.

:) Rebecca

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
I like the matching flower idea!!!

I like calla lillies for a wedding....

Each bridesmaid could have a small bouquet of calla lillies to match their sash...and the groomsmen could have a bout with the same colour calla lilly as their tie.

I could have mixed bouquet of different colour calla lillies.... whites, reds, rust, yellow, purple....

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Eh.

It wouldn''t look terrible, but it wouldn''t be my choice for bridal party attire.

The various color groomsman ties matching the bridesmaids sash sashes on black backgrounds sounds like something a dance troupe would wear (in fact, I think I''ve seen a swing dance troupe do this). It just sounds like trying a bit too hard to be cutesy matchy-matchy to me.

Plus, I wouldn''t want to be the bridesmaid in the black dress with the organge sash- too halloween for me. Black with the yellow sash (bumblebee) isn''t much better.

But, then again, there have been much worse bridal party attire outfits, so in the grand scheme of things, this one isn''t that crazy.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Bronniejade, I like the idea. I love those fall colors and think they would look great w/black dresses. In fact, I''m going to have a black, cocktail dress and thinking of adding a colored sash to match my colors... not that I know what my colors are but thinking of sage green, darker purples and pinks. I do think it might be hard to match the sashes w/the ties but it sounds like a neat idea.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
I understand that it would look a little matchy-matchy. However, I don''t think it would be any more matchy-matchy than any other wedding, where the bridesmaids wear a certain colour dress and the groomsmen have matching vests.

The main colour of the clothing (except for me) is black...with little splashes of colour. I figured as long as I get the colours just right, it would look pretty. I thought the red should be a deep, cranberry red, the orange would not be ORANGE but rather a coppery burnt orange...and the yellow is not actually yellow, but it is actually called harvest gold.

I don''t know....
I have lots of time to decide.
Just an option.

Dixie, I figured if I did decide to go with this colour selection, I would buy the ties first and then just go to a fabric store and match it up. I think it would be easier than the other way around. Or...failing that...just have the ties and sashes made out for the same fabric by my gran (she''s a seamstress).

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
it sounds like it would look cool, not my style though

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results