shape
carat
color
clarity

Friend lost her beloved dog...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After 17 years of companionship, my friend had to put her beloved dog down. I really want to give her a meaningful gift, but I am having difficulty coming up with something. A group of friends already gave her a yellow rose, so a plantable gift is out of the question. Do any of you have ideas?

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
What about a nice pet-themed picture frame? She can put her favorite photo of her friend in there so she can always remember him and the good times they shared.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
How about a donation to the local SPCA in memory of her dog? My heart goes out to anyone who loses a pet.
8.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2009 1:02:16 PM
Author: tigian
How about a donation to the local SPCA in memory of her dog? My heart goes out to anyone who loses a pet.
8.gif
Ditto. I always find this a great comfort.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so very sorry for your friend. I know how heartbreaking it can be to lose a beloved family member...

I second the idea of getting her a picture frame to have a pic of her dear doggy or how about printing up a copy of that poem ''Rainbow Bridge'' and having that framed so she can remember that she and her dog will be together again.
My vet sent us a framed copy of this poem along with my baby girl''s ashes and although I cried like crazy when I first read it afterward I took real comfort in it and put it up along with a pic of her...just a thought.

Here is the peom:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, my heart goes out to your friend and her beloved pup.

I think a donation in his memory is a great idea. Even a simple heartfelt card can be a great comfort right now, too.

Big hugs.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about this.

My brother lost his first dog this past fall to cancer, and for Christmas, my sister took an adorable picture of him and "Ace", and had it put on a key chain. I've never seen him cry so hard. Now he always has him with him.

I'm even choking up right now. It was one of the best presents I have ever seen been given. Do you have a picture of her and her pup, or know someone that you can get one from?

ETA: I have emailed my sis to find out where she had it made. It was very nice, and not one of those bulky plastic ones, this is mounted on a small silver plate.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
I also forgot to add how about a reasonably priced locket with a pic of her baby inside. My parents did this for me with my boy and added another pic when my girl went away...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 1:39:52 PM
Author: meresal
I''m so sorry to hear about this.

My brother lost his first dog this past fall to cancer, and for Christmas, my sister took an adorable picture of him and ''Ace'', and had it put on a key chain. I''ve never seen him cry so hard. Now he always has him with him.

I''m even choking up right now. It was one of the best presents I have ever seen been given. Do you have a picture of her and her pup, or know someone that you can get one from?

ETA: I have emailed my sis to find out where she had it made. It was very nice, and not one of those bulky plastic ones, this is mounted on a small silver plate.
HC- I just heard back form my sister, here is the site. She had my brother''s made with the very last one, that is just a bezzled rectangle.

PhotoDesignGifts.com

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
There are some companies that make pretty nice plaques and laser etched garden stones with the doggie''s name.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 5:56:02 PM
Author: purrfectpear
There are some companies that make pretty nice plaques and laser etched garden stones with the doggie''s name.
I really like the garden stone idea....we will do this when our furbabies have gone.

A dear friend of mine recently lost three of her doggies within three months of each other. I gave her a pendant necklace that is in the shape of a heart with paw prints going across it. Here is a photo.

Lori

il_430xN_66015003.jpg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the ideas everyone!

I''m going to order her a stone. I found a great company that will engrave a celtic love knot and a caption of my choice. She''ll love this. The only problem is that it will take 4-6 weeks to arrive. Do you think this is too late to give such a gift?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results