shape
carat
color
clarity

Freaking out about reception hall

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NuggetBrain

Shiny_Rock
A little late now, too. We went yesterday to sign the contract for our reception hall - if anybody lives in Minnesota they might be familiar with it, its called Blasidell Manor (http://blaisdellmanor.bellagala.com/, http://www.threesonskitchen.com/venues/blaisdellmanor.html). Its a historic mansion with a ballroom built on the back of it (so the ballroom is a little more modern than the rest of the house). I did a lot of research on different places (since FH is insistant on an open bar and we''re working a strict budget, it really limited places for us) and while I did a lot of research, this was the only place we actually went to. We also did a tasting there with his parents and everyone was thrilled at the quality of the food, the presentation and the service. Anyways, as we were walking up the steps my fiance suddenly started talking about how he wasn''t sure, we hadn''t visited any other places, he didn''t want to make a bad choice, etc. I asked him what was the things he hated about it, and he said that the only problem he had with it was the location (its across from a school and next to an apartment building). But I fell in love with it and so we went ahead and booked (especially since FH is one of those "but there could be someplace better out there" all the time). Now I''m freaking out!! Is it bad that we booked the only place we visited, when we were happy with everything about it (except location for FH). The only other places I found that offered the ability to bring in your own booze or had a decent priced open bar were too expensive on food, located too far away (we''re doing a Friday wedding so it has to be close to the cities for folks to come after work) or just didn''t have the ambience that I was looking for. Ack!! I hate second-guessing myself!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 12:59:15 PM
Author:NuggetBrain
Ack!! I hate second-guessing myself!!

Then don''t.
3.gif
You loved the place, it fit the criteria of what you were looking for, and you booked it. Unless you hear some God-awful review of the place, like that they like to spike the potatoes with spiders or something truly heinous, don''t sweat it. You''ve booked a venue--now''s the time you''re supposed to be going nutty with decorating ideas for all of us to gawk at! The place looks pretty to me! Oh, and just to pick on your FI a little because that''s what I do, haha, chances are pretty good that the location is the reason why you''re allowed to bring in your own booze. A lot of cities have laws stating that a business can''t have a liquor license if it''s within a certain distance of a school--my sister is reaping the benefits of the same rule in our hometown right about now!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think you should freak out. Your FI just sounds like he''s the indecisive type.

Your venue looks beautiful to me! You''ve done your research - this location allows you to have an open bar (which I totally agree with your FI on), its in your budget, you like the food & service, and you just wrote that YOU fell in love with it! Plus its beautiful - did I already mention that? I''ve seen some very nasty "budget" wedding venues and this one doesn''t appear low-budget at all.

Why would a venue being across the street from a school and next to an apartment building be "problems"? (Am I missing something here...?)

NuggetBrain

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 1:57:25 PM
Author: Inanna
I don''t think you should freak out. Your FI just sounds like he''s the indecisive type.

Your venue looks beautiful to me! You''ve done your research - this location allows you to have an open bar (which I totally agree with your FI on), its in your budget, you like the food & service, and you just wrote that YOU fell in love with it! Plus its beautiful - did I already mention that? I''ve seen some very nasty ''budget'' wedding venues and this one doesn''t appear low-budget at all.

Why would a venue being across the street from a school and next to an apartment building be ''problems''? (Am I missing something here...?)
He thinks the location is not romantic enough.
20.gif

I don''t know how you think having an entire mansion for your wedding isn''t romantic, but whatevs.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 2:06:55 PM
Author: NuggetBrain
Date: 3/20/2009 1:57:25 PM

Author: Inanna

I don't think you should freak out. Your FI just sounds like he's the indecisive type.

Your venue looks beautiful to me! You've done your research - this location allows you to have an open bar (which I totally agree with your FI on), its in your budget, you like the food & service, and you just wrote that YOU fell in love with it! Plus its beautiful - did I already mention that? I've seen some very nasty 'budget' wedding venues and this one doesn't appear low-budget at all.

Why would a venue being across the street from a school and next to an apartment building be 'problems'? (Am I missing something here...?)

20.gif

I don't know how you think having an entire mansion for your wedding isn't romantic, but whatevs.

Seriously! I'm LOLing at your FI.
3.gif

Continue planning... you've got a venue!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you did your research, you really loved the place and the food is great (so important) -- so I think you''re set. Don''t worry.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 2:06:55 PM
Author: NuggetBrain

20.gif

I don''t know how you think having an entire mansion for your wedding isn''t romantic, but whatevs.

tell him after he has a couple drinks from your open bar, even the bowling alley could seem romantic!
11.gif
...not that i''m advocating going to the bowling alley on your wedding day...although you could get some really neat pics there. ya know what? i''m gonna stop while i''m still ahead...hahaha!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Once you are inside the building you won''t see the apartments or the school. Try not to panic. You loved the venue enough to book it. Everything will be lovely.

Start planning what you are going to do to the inside!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results