shape
carat
color
clarity

Found my dress and my something blue!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
We still have over a year to go, but it doesn't mean that I can't indulge in all the girliness!

The dress: Grayish taupe hammered satin. I love taupe anything! I'm not really a long dress kind of girl; I definitely admire long dresses, but I'd feel very out of character if I wear one.
9.gif

I've already placed the order for the dress 2 days ago. Hopefully it'll fit, but it should. I'm just glad that it also came in Petite (I'm only 5'1").

layered.jpg

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
And here''s my "something blue!" I''m going to wear China Glaze''s "For Audrey" on my toes.

I''d still like to wear closed-toe shoes, though. The problem is, I don''t know which style! I''ll gladly accept suggestions.

foraudrey.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Lily - That is a gorgeous dress! Congrats ... I''m sure that you will be thrilled with the way it fits. I have the black in that dress and it is super flattering. I''m eager to see how excited you are when you get to fit it ... I''m sure that you will not be disappointed.

Love the nail color as well. What a fun "something blue"!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well what's your favorite shoe style? What color? And how high of a heel?

And YAY for having another colored dress bride!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty dress! Who is it by?

I love thet nail color! Perfect for the Something Blue. Thanks for sharing.
1.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! :)
The dress is by Adriana Papell is available at Nordstrom and its website. There is also the full-length gown version of it that is even more beautiful.

Freke (and anyone who''s interested in helping): I''m looking for 3 to 3.5-inch heels. No more or less. Not sure about which color, but I don''t think I''d want the finish to compete with the dress, so nothing shiny or sparkly. I was actually toying with the idea of wearing shoes in a deep blue shade, but my bouquet is going to be red, and I *might* purchase the headpiece below (haven''t bought it yet) instead of a short veil (I''m not sure if I''ll even wear a veil at all), so I''m afraid that I might end up with a look that is all over the place if I wore colorful shoes, too.

What a conundrum! Lol.

Headpiece I might get:

Credit: LaRosaK on Flickr.

3262857409_4040f59175.jpg

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
I am 99.99% sure that I will wear that headpiece on my wedding day because it goes so well with the dress, as far as design and color schemes go. In that case, my hair will be worn in pin curls, like Christina''s here.

I pretty much have everything under control...I just can''t figure out what shoes to get.

ChristinaAguilera.BryanBedder.jpg

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Love the dress, headpiece and hair!!!
You''ve got a nice style going
9.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Luvbug! I''m trying to go for an early 1930s-inspired look, but of course modernized.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
love your ideas....especially the something blue! i may have to do that too! thanks for sharing - great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
You MUST get that headpiece. It will look smashing with that dress. Nice choices.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 1:40:05 PM
Author: DMBFiredancer
love your ideas....especially the something blue! i may have to do that too! thanks for sharing - great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 9:13:00 AM
Author: luvbug
Love the dress, headpiece and hair!!!
You''ve got a nice style going
9.gif
Ditto! I''m loving your outfit!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Love the dress and the whole look - very cute and unique!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results