shape
carat
color
clarity

For the perfume fans!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I know we''ve had a million perfume threads, but I''ve had an interesting find! As someone who always wears Chanel or Thierry Mulger, I have fallen in LOVE with Bath and Body Works "Warm Vanilla Sugar" cologne
30.gif
I tried it on a special-it''s like a sugary musk that smells better and better as the day goes on. I''ve received sooo many compliments so far, and the best, it''s only $18.50!!! Just thought if anyone is in the market for a light fragrance...
1.gif
I wonder how the other scents smell-has anyone tried them?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have all of the body stuff in warm vanilla sugar and I love it too!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the tip! I''ll have to get a whiff of that the next time I''m there.

I''m looking for something really clean-smelling that doesn''t scream "I''M WEARING PERFUME" to wear to work. While I adore my perfume, sometimes I feel it''s not appropriate to wear into long meetings in conference rooms (in case my colleagues don''t share my love of fragrance). I like to smell "nice", though.

Any suggestions for something along the lines of clean and subtle?

Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i haven''t tried the warm vanilla sugar yet but i have the japanese cherry blossom
yuuuuuum!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Giada - I''m hugely picky about perfume so I''ve tried a TON over the last few years. I too wanted at least one option for day wear that was pretty subtle. I have a few to recommend - one is by Fresh, and its called Sake. Its very clean-smelling, a little bit sweet, very simple. I also wore their Sugar for a while, and that was pretty subtle too - its lemon, lychee and lily, I believe. Fresh and Jo Malone both have a lot of very simple, clean, natural scents (I love the grapefruit and bergamot from Fresh). One word of warning - my DH wasn''t too keen on any of these, so maybe run them by someone else whose opinion you trust before buying, just in case. My current love is Annick Goutal''s Mandragore. I actually found it in London, and I am psyched that it is sold in the states too. Its very light but still a little bit spicy - it has citrus and some pepper in there, and when you first spray it on it can smell most strongly of those two, but then within 20 minutes or so its extremely subtle and light - this is the one I always wear to work.

Anyway, I hope one of those works for you!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 9:38:18 AM
Author: belle
i haven''t tried the warm vanilla sugar yet but i have the japanese cherry blossom
yuuuuuum!
both of these are yummy!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am envious about these yummy sounding perfumes, as I can't get them here most probably, but Giada I was going to suggest trying Hermes Caleche and Dior Diorella - both are light and fresh smelling with a lovely bergamottish note, great for work as they aren't in your face. With the Caleche, try the EDT not the Soie de Parfum as I think it smells better.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I was hitting the mall up tomorrow anyway, this Warm Vanilla Sugar must be checked out, I LOVE Vanilla.
18.gif

Giada, you might try testing the perfume I mainly wear all the time. Light, floral/musk, very clean smelling. I've gotten so many compliments (even from strangers) on it, by both men and women. It's Casual by Paul Sebastian.

Lorelei, do you not have a Bath n Body Works over there?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bond no. 9 New York Fling is great if you''re looking for something light and clean. It reminds me of lightly scented lotion.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2007 11:37:55 AM
Author: Ellen
OK, I was hitting the mall up tomorrow anyway, this Warm Vanilla Sugar must be checked out, I LOVE Vanilla.
18.gif

Giada, you might try testing the perfume I mainly wear all the time. Light, floral/musk, very clean smelling. I''ve gotten so many compliments (even from strangers) on it, by both men and women. It''s Casual by Paul Sebastian.

Lorelei, do you not have a Bath n Body Works over there?
I haven''t heard of it before, it isn''t the same as the Body Shop is it? Mind you, it is entirely possible we DO have them here, just old bumpkin me who never gets to the big Cities and towns wouldn''t know!
emembarrassed.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 12:08:52 PM
Author: Lorelei

I haven''t heard of it before, it isn''t the same as the Body Shop is it? Mind you, it is entirely possible we DO have them here, just old bumpkin me who never gets to the big Cities and towns wouldn''t know!
emembarrassed.gif
I don''t think so.

I just went to their site and looked on store locator, it only listed US states.
8.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey SiameseKitty! Funny, for the past 10 years i have worn only one perfume, also Chanel! This summer when I ran out and didn't have time to pick up more, I got daring...
31.gif

I was actually given a gift basket from there which contained a bunch of scents for bath stuff, like the bath gel and body creme, but the ones I actually liked...

Magnolia Blossom was great, which has a soft floral frangrance which I really liked...

Sweet pea was another which I used after the bath for when i slep, it almost calmed me down if that makes any sense...?
33.gif

By and far my favorite, which I went back and got more of was the Gardenia! it was so pretty and delicate, I loved it this summer! I am back to the Coco, but that Gardenia inspired me to get the Chanel gardenia fragrance which I recently smelled and is too perfect! Honestly, I was never really a fan of B&BW, but their scents are getting really good lately...
30.gif

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
If you like gardenias, Marc Jacobs has a nice perfume for summer. I like Narciso Rodriguez for the rest of the year - very feminine but not strong.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 12:47:33 PM
Author: Nicrez
Hey SiameseKitty! Funny, for the past 10 years i have worn only one perfume, also Chanel! This summer when I ran out and didn''t have time to pick up more, I got daring...
31.gif

I was actually given a gift basket from there which contained a bunch of scents for bath stuff, like the bath gel and body creme, but the ones I actually liked...

Magnolia Blossom was great, which has a soft floral frangrance which I really liked...

Sweet pea was another which I used after the bath for when i slep, it almost calmed me down if that makes any sense...?
33.gif

By and far my favorite, which I went back and got more of was the Gardenia! it was so pretty and delicate, I loved it this summer! I am back to the Coco, but that Gardenia inspired me to get the Chanel gardenia fragrance which I recently smelled and is too perfect! Honestly, I was never really a fan of B&BW, but their scents are getting really good lately...
30.gif
Oh, I love this one, too! I wear a lot of my B & BW stuff to bed b/c I find this is true! I haven''t smelled the Gardenia-I''ll have to try it.

I''m curious to see what you gals will think of the W Van Sugar when you try it:)

Lorelei-
Are you in the UK? If you''re really tempted, I could meet you with some in Paris in May! I wonder if I could mail it from there
33.gif
?

Funny story, btw-I spent three weeks with one of my French friends and her family in France. I brought gift baskets from B & BW for my friend, her sister, and her mother as a "thank you". Although they hid it well, I really sensed they were a bit offended!
23.gif
When I thought about "ugly" American stereotypes of the French and the fact that their country is KNOWN for scented soaps, lotions, and perfumes, I was rather appalled at myself. What a doofus-oh well, I tried
7.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 1:53:09 PM
Author: Siamese Kitty

I''m curious to see what you gals will think of the W Van Sugar when you try it:)
I tried it out, and while it''s definitely heavier than I''ve worn in quite awhile, it IS yummy. I bought a bottle.
9.gif

Thanks again for the heads up!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 1:20:11 PM
Author: bluehue
If you like gardenias, Marc Jacobs has a nice perfume for summer. I like Narciso Rodriguez for the rest of the year - very feminine but not strong.

HA HA Blue, I HAVE the Marc Jacobs I bought when it first came out...AGES ago...BUT then everyone started wwearing it, and now that it''s died down I may be able to resurrect it...THANKS!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 9:29:55 AM
Author: Giada
Thanks for the tip! I''ll have to get a whiff of that the next time I''m there.

I''m looking for something really clean-smelling that doesn''t scream ''I''M WEARING PERFUME'' to wear to work. While I adore my perfume, sometimes I feel it''s not appropriate to wear into long meetings in conference rooms (in case my colleagues don''t share my love of fragrance). I like to smell ''nice'', though.

Any suggestions for something along the lines of clean and subtle?

Thanks!
Giada, I have to watch what I wear on the job as well. I am a court reporter, and some of the spaces are small and crowded with people; and in the summer, quite warm.
Yet I love to smell good. It''s a confidence booster. I use Amazing Grace by Philosophy for all my depos. I feel confident and I smell good, but it''s the unperfume. No one will ever be overwhelmed by it.

shay

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
My son gave this set to his girlfriend this past Christmas.
It was yummy and I don''t like Vanilla anything!

B&BW''s scents rarely stay with me, but I do buy a few here and there
just to enjoy after a bath or shower.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
My absolute favorite is Trish McEvoy #3! It''s.... heavenly!!!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, Ellen.:) I''m glad you liked it!

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
If you love foody scents try Comptoir Sud Pacifique in Amour de Cacao, it''s the most delicious cocoa/vanilla scent ever! And very reasonably priced in comparision to Creed Silver Mountain water which is my signature scent . It''s perfect for everyday wear, and if you do not like the smell of chocolate then there are several other scents to choose from.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Warm Vallina Sugar also and love it. Lately though I found Bond #9 Chelsea Flowers and it''s to die for, it smells so nice.

The one i get the most compliments on though is Clinique Happy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results