shape
carat
color
clarity

Flowy, Romantic, and Affordable Dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adak

Rough_Rock
Hello! I''m new to this forum, but used to post in Ladies in Waiting on occasion.

My mother booked a gorgeous venue for me (pictures attached) for September of this year and now I need a dress! I am going shopping next week and I''d like to have an idea of what I want before I go (I thought I knew what I wanted, but that was when I had a different venue in mind). I am picturing something flowy and romantic (like Pronovias), but can''t seem to find anything in my price range. I want to spend under $1,000 (if it''s possible). Suggestions?
9.gif

anthonychapel01.jpg

adak

Rough_Rock
Another picture...

anthonychapel02.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a forest! SO COOL!

Sorry, no suggestions. I just am amazed at how cool that venue is.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I tried on a couple Mon Cheri dresses before I purchased my gown and they were flowy and romantic. One was actually very similar to Mediterranean''s gown. They were all under $1000.

Have you considered Maggie Sottero as well? Her Destinations gowns are very flowy and romantic and affordable!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Casablanca makes very pretty gowns in your price range.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
I am no help with the dress.. but where is this BEAUTIFUL location! It is just.... WOW!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 1:55:10 PM
Author: beanie
I am no help with the dress.. but where is this BEAUTIFUL location! It is just.... WOW!
Ditto! What a fabulous venue! Where is it?!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Do you like beads, lace, sleeves, strapless, satin, chiffon...? What''s your preference? Do you mean romantic like a Greek goddess or romantic like a Jane Austen book?

I think Casablanca 1827 is a very romantic dress. I tried it on and it is the lightest gown of all the gowns I tried, including the non-beaded one. It also did amazing things for creating the hourglass shape.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 1:59:11 PM
Author: akmiss

I am not sure, but the venue looks like Thorncrown Chapel in the Ozark Mtns. of Arkansas.
Gorgeous setting.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
These are chiffon and more flowy.

couture B007

The 1827 was price at $750 in the bridal salon when I tried it on. My friend bought the 1900 for $900. I am sure you can find the rest of dresses in the same price range.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
No useful suggestions on the dress, but this venue is one of my all-time favorites - so beautiful and dramatic
30.gif
9.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Cool venue! I love it!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
WHERE IS THAT?!?!?!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Ditto!

adak

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 2:18:33 PM
Author: bebe

Date: 4/22/2009 1:59:11 PM
Author: akmiss

I am not sure, but the venue looks like Thorncrown Chapel in the Ozark Mtns. of Arkansas.
Gorgeous setting.
Close! The venue is in Hot Springs, Arkansas at Garvan Gardens.

And thank you, Guilty Pleasure, for the dress suggestions. Casa Blanca has quite a few dresses that are just what I was looking for!
9.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
See if there''s any consignment shops near you. I got a $2300 Provonias for $950. I just started a wedding thread with a pic of me in it. If you''re in the Philly area, the place I went to is called Sabrina Ann, in Ardmore.

Love, love. love your venue. Just. Gorgeous!!!

ETA: Just saw you''re in Arkansas. But if there are any in your area, it''s definitely worth a shot!!

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
I love your venue! It is so beautiful!

You might take a look at www.sophiatolli.com. She has a lot of gorgeous dresses and many are under $1000.

spring 2009 collection

mamie

Shiny_Rock
My dress is Casablanca 1827 and it''s light, flowy, and romantic. :) I fully recommend.

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
Nicole Miller makes some lovely dresses, many are under $1000 and are perfect if you''re looking for something that''s not princess-y. Check out the Nordstrom website, they carry a ton of stuff.

Also try edressme.com, under the category "white and ivory dresses"

Jcrew.com is always a good source for flowy, affordable dresses in natural fabrics.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I know you are busy asking about dresses, but I have to tell you how gorgeous that chapel is! I seriously spent the last 10min considering making a destination wedding there!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
look at j.crew. I think they have lovely simple dresses. Also Marrisa has some that are lovely and flowy. You may also want to look at bloomigdales or saks and see if any formal dresses come in white. I would imagine nicole miller or someone similar would have something lovely.

Gorgeous location!

ScorpioNYC

Shiny_Rock
BCBG cuts some of their formal dresses in white/ivory, and should be under $500. I think J.crew has a great selection. What about Mori lee destinations? Try www.edressme.com - they have a section of less formal bridal dresses.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous dress. I found some of the Alfred Angelo dresses were quite good value when I was looking.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
You know the website houseofbrides.com? I haven''t seen every style they have, but I do know that they actually list their prices, so if you see some things you like on there, you''ll know what price range you''re dealing with right off the bat.

adak

Rough_Rock
Well, we went shopping and, although I hadn''t planned on doing it so soon, ended up purchasing a dress right then and there! It is Milana by Maggie Sottero; not at all what I originally thought I''d be wearing (I told the sales lady that I didn''t want beading or a corset. Go figure!), but it''s perfect! It brought my mom to tears.
5.gif
It is champagne and gold in the photo, but I ordered it in all diamond white. Thanks for the help, girls!

mydressmilana.jpg

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 2:42:16 PM
Author: Kelli

Ditto!

Double ditto
36.gif
36.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is very beautiful!!!
36.gif
36.gif

cincin090

Shiny_Rock
That dress looks amazing on you! Unique too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results