shape
carat
color
clarity

Flower help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aktotx

Rough_Rock
I am new here and have read months of back posts. I am needing help on picking flowers the colors are lavender, white and silver. For a July wedding held in a glass chapel midday. I don''t just want the normal but finding lavender flower choices are becoming a problem. If anyone can help I would appericate it.

Thank you
Susan

E B

Ideal_Rock
Irises are purple, and I know calla lilies come in purple too. Some hydrangea can be purple-y, as can grape hyacinth. I know tulips come in purple too, but I don''t think they''re July flowers.

You could combine soft purple flowers (of your choice) with white and have them tied with silver ribbon.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Are you doing the flowers yourself, or going through a florist? If you're going through a florist, they should know which flowers are available and july and which come in a violet shade.

If you're doing them on your own, this place has lavender roses (and I've heard good things about them):

Lavender Roses

How to order for wedding

aktotx

Rough_Rock
We are going to go through a florist but I wanted to have a few things to show them what I like and go from there. I really like the picture Jas12 linked me to.

Thanks.

Susan

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
haha ---I just posted this to Dixies post too but here is what we are doing:
Our colors are purple and silver as well

Purple hydrangea
Purple and white Lisianthus
Purple Delphinium
Lilac
Sweet Pea
White lisianthis with lavender tips
Purple Tulips

to see a pic click on this link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-confused.57723/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sage! Silver sage... for greens, smells great and looks lovely. There is also some green called something ear like lambs ear or something that has a lovely silver color. And I highly suggested some light purple delphinium... the good ones that are verigated. I also love big WHITE peonies. I would do lavendar, dephinium and sage with white peonies as my bouquet.

aktotx

Rough_Rock
Bravesfan~ I just read the other post and went wow. I like it all and going to write down flowers and figure out which will work for us. Thank you

Susan

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Haha! I am glad I was able to help! I know its hard to find things in silver and purple...
9.gif

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
For roses blue curiosa roses (actually lavender) see the recent post called "I''m confused" i posted pics there of some purple flowers. You could also include some freesia which is commonly done in bouquets and would look neat as bouts. (pic attached). For a funky white flower you could include some chincherinchi (sp) also known as star of bethlehem (sp) (sorry I work with flowers and don''t often have to actually spell out the names lol) pic att in next post.

For the silver touches I highly reccomend that you do a slightly but not overly metallic ribbon around your bouquets and I think that would tie it in nicely. The trick is to make sure that the stems are not too long if you are doing a posy style bouquet. I am attaching a pic i found online of a bouquet that has just a little bit of ribbon wrapped around the middle that illustrates what i mean.

To be honest though the florist that you visit should have flowers in their cooler that they will be able to show you so that you get an idea of what is available out there. Martha stuart weddings is a great magazine to look at for flower ideas too. The bouquets that are featured in there are usually pretty pricey creations (200$ plus) but your florist can use them as inpiration etc. to get a feel for your taste.

Hth.

freesia.jpg

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
This gives an idea of how the ribbon can be used.

grass bouq smaller.JPG

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
Chinch that i mentioned that could be super neat. The possibilites with your colours really are endless.

Star-of-Bethlehem.gif

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
here is another pic of a really elegant wedding bouquet in the purple theme. You could also have your florist include cymbidium orchids (see the other thread that i mentioned for pics of purple ones, also comes in white) and it would look dynaminte. Our store did one like that in fall tones and it was to die for! You could also tied in some of the white freesia with the purply calla lilies that are pictured and that would be nice if you didnt want the expense of the orchids. They can be pricey depending on where you live. Make sure to explore all your options with your florist :)

The relevant pic is out front

assorted bouqs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results