shape
carat
color
clarity

first fitting pics & bunch of questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone,

i went in for my first fitting today and while i had no idea what to expect, i was happy that my dress was somewhat fitting (it was actually too tight in the bodice
7.gif
and i had hard time breathing).

i posted a while back about fearing "looking" fat/ chunkier because my seamstress is adding more crinoline in the dress to give more poof.
i can't tell from the pictures whether i like such a "full" look or whether the fuller look is better.

here's a picture with added crinoline.

first_fitting_1_1.jpg

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
and this is from the store before alteration.
i guess it's not as full here. little bit more of an A-line than full ballgown??

vw_store_1.JPG

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
from the side with bustle.
i like this picture.
1.gif

first_fitting_3.jpg

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
bustle.
you can see my back cleavage because the dress is too tight.

i'm not sure how i feel about the bustle yet.
tell me what you guys think of the bustle.

first_fitting_9.jpg

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
here''s the veil.
i''m not sure whether my veil goes with my dress.
of course, i should''ve taken the picture before my seamstress bustled the train.

what do you think of the veil?

first_fitting_7.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, you look like a princess from a Disney movie in that dress, I love it!

I think the extra pouf is necessary for that dress, it looks deflated without the extra crinoline, in my opinion. And I think the bustle fits the style of the dress very well, but I''m not a bustle expert. I just like it. :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, poof makes ya look TINY. Without poof the dress looks a bit incomplete and deflated. I vote for poof! (How often can you say that in daily conversation
31.gif
?)

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
thanks, haven and gypsy!

i was really happy at my seamstress''s place (yup, it''s her house
2.gif
) and now i''m getting super critical with the pictures, analyzing every little detail and doubting everything.
7.gif

thanks for the reassurance!
5.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is nothing to be critical of, Cali--you look STUNNING! Tiny waist, beautiful arms stunning!

I''d kill for your thin waist and arms. Seriously. Your dress accentuates your thinness!

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
thanks, haven!
i don''t have thin waist or arms in real life.
3.gif

you, however, was one of the most gorgeous brides i''ve been (albeit in pictures) and i''d kill for your height!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others-the pouf is a definite must! The dress looks amazing with it and you look great in it.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I also agree- the pouf is a must! That dress looks beautiful on you.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/19/2008 3:27:24 AM
Author: calidaisy
i don't have thin waist or arms in real life.
3.gif

23.gif
33.gif

We can just chop your arms off completely if they aren't thin enough for you. Seriously, how could you possible be ANY tinier???!!? Your back cleavage looks to be nothing more than muscle and skin (you want to keep those things, you know), your arms are itty bitty, as is your waist. I wish I could invite you to a gtg just to slap you upside the head and knock some self-appreciating sense into you! You look FABULOUS. Honest. If you can't rid the feeling that you need to make a change, do some pushups and lift some handweights. Any muscle you build will show up on your frame quite easily, I think, and assure you that there isn't any pudge there...

Oh, and I agree- poof MAKES that dress on you. Hard to say about the veil without seeing the train down.

ETA: The above was said in love and the same way I would tell my bff she was being silly.
5.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The words chunky or fat would not even enter my vocab in describing how you look in that dress, however the words beautiful, stunning and you look like a princess would be the words I would use :).

You definitely have 0% back cleavage, you look amazing :).

ETA: The dress needs the poof :)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
definitely with poof.

the bustle is beautiful. not sure that the veil fits with it being bustled up, though.

so what''s the secret to your arms? I asked facetfire, as well, but haven''t heard yet. I''m hoping my arms look as nice and thin when I get married.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I think the dress needs the extra crinoline to be its intended shape. It looks a little deflated without. Your waist and arms look great--tiny and thin--so don''t worry about that!

As for the bustle, I like it from the side, but I''m not crazy about it from the back. It might have too many points, but I really don''t know too much about bustles. The two largest "poofs" seem too big, maybe? Perhaps you can get the seamstress to try another style of bustle to see if you like it better.

The veil is lovely, and I think it will look great with the train extended. I love the detailing on the edge.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is beautiful. Poof away!! Must have poof. (thanks Gyps, now I will be saying it all day)

I have to agree with kittybean on the bustle. My daughter's dress starting taking on the squarish look at the top and I wasn't a fan. For me personally, I would try one more tier at the top to bring in the the sharp edges of the top from the rear view and the mass of the top from the side view. It's like I told my daughter, you want to be looking perfect from all angles.
30.gif

If I am being really honest, I would have to say that I agree with you questioning that particular veil. It is not showcasing your dress and your beautiful shape. It's taking on it's own life and draws attention away from you and your dress to the veil. It should accent your dress, not take away attention from it. IMO.

But those are all easy fixes and I want to bonk you in the head for the concern over your arms. Are you completely nutso??? I would kill for your arms. Okay, maybe not kill....
35.gif

You look like a princess.
36.gif

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone for your replies and reassurance about my arm and all.
you guys are awesome!
9.gif
i was just feeling self-conscious about my arm and all because i used to be 5+ lbs. lighter back in the days and while i feel fine with the way i am for the most part, i felt critical about my arms, waist, eveything when it came to my wedding.
7.gif

miracle, your''re right about the dress looking good from every angle.
i have a bit of a language barrier with my seamstress (even though she''s really talented and done a great job so far) but will ask her to do something different at my next fitting.

in terms of the veil, i think i''ll try elbow length veil in 2 tiers (? layers?). sometimes, i feel like the lace compliments the lace in my dress and other times i feel like it''s just too long and not me. i don''t know.

lastly, i love chellebelle''s bolero and was wondering if i should wear something like that with my dress. would that be an overkill, or would it look ok? what do you guys think?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
You can always be a two veil bride.
9.gif

You could wear the long one when the dress is down and an elbow length once it''s bustled. I recommend trying on a few more veils to get a feel for how they look with the new poofy Cinderella look of your beautiful gown. It really is a beautiful dress and you look amazing in it.

Five pounds. Sheesh, you sound like me. We have issues.
14.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I like the extra poof. Makes your tiny waist look tinier! Princess-like. I like your veil too. Very pretty.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Love the poof, love the bustle, not loving the veil...a bit too much for my liking. I like a veil that can be worn after the ceremony - this definitely can''t - unless you are going to bustle it too!
Would kill for thin arms like yours!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the dress looks much better with the poof - it looks deflated without it. And the poof definitely makes your waist look tiny, as others have said. Not sure about the bustle, but I think the veil is too long, and a bit much for your beautiful dress. Something shorter and simpler would work better - and not distract from the bustle at the back.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
You look like a princess! I vote poof too.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a bit late to this, but I wanted to chime in because I can''t help but comment on the threads with the pictures of all of you beautiful ladies in your gorgeous gowns.

The style of this gown looks SO GOOD on you! It accentuates your teensy waist, as other have said. I also agree that there is NO fat anywhere on your back or arms or probably anywhere else- try not to be so critical, you look stunning. I know it is hard not to analyze everything when you have the pictures in front of you and just stare and stare at them, but it really does look wonderful and princessy all poofed up like that!
36.gif
30.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it makes you look big at all, you look tiny! Very beautiful!!
36.gif
36.gif

ETA: And I also love the extra poof! Almost forgot.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Haven and everyone else really.

And Poof Away! (I''m going to inject that into every conversation I can from now on, ok?)

kellybelly

Shiny_Rock
love the dress
love you in the dress
love the veil too ( i am partial to lace)

but the bustle is not working at all. while the dress is very orderly and elegant, i believe that the bustle looks messy and "disorganized" for lack of a better word. my FSIL just got married in May, had a poofy gown, and the bustle looked much neater. let me see if i can attach a photo for you to see. hers was tied underneath with a bunch of ribbons instead of the hooks.

kellybelly

Shiny_Rock
okay, take a look at this. it''s pulled up higher in the middle and just a bit on the sides. just to give you an idea

maryfirstdance.jpg

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
First off, I ADORE the poof. It really does emphasize your small waist.

Second of all, I tend to agree with KellyBelly about the bustle. I think a simpler one may be better for that style of dress. I think that the current one may end up looking dated rather than vintage/classic on down the road (If that makes sense). Maybe a nice 5 point bustle or something. For mine, I went with just one point (But I had to due to the nature of the back of the dress). I like what Kellybelly posted too.

ETA: As far as veils go, I like the one you have currently, but not with the bustle. Maybe you could wear it for just the ceremony, and not the reception. But I'd also like the idea of a shorter tiered veil (But perhaps that's because that's what I went with myself). If you do try it, be sure to post pics.

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your comments!
You guys are awesome!
1.gif

I’m glad everyone likes the poof.

I will look into different type of veil and ask you guys again. If I go with the current veil, as some of you guys mentioned, I’ll just wear it for the ceremony and wear a flower or something during the reception.

Thanks kellybelly for the gorgeous bustle picture! I totally agree with you that mine looks messy and disorganized. Also, as Fancy605 mentioned my bustle looks too trendy—it’s too ML for me (even though I love ML dresses, I don''t know how I feel about that kind of bustle).

I think I’ll bring kellybelly’s picture to my next fitting and show it to my seamstress.
Is there any other pics/ threads of PSers with pretty bustle out there that I can show to my seamstress?

Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results