shape
carat
color
clarity

FINAL Dress try-on..... with Ebay flowers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

olyelr

Rough_Rock
So, I almost never post up but have been lurking for months now... I am getting married on Valentine''s Day! OMG, that is 5 days away!

Most of my wedding ''stuff'' has come from Ebay so for you cheap-ies like me out there.... here''s the result so far! The dress was off of Craigslist, used for $40. I did the alterations (I''m SO glad that my mom taught me to sew). The bouquet is from Ebay - $10 including shipping - and came with matching boutinerre. I went to Walmart and spent $1.50 on the pink and orange accent flowers. (yes, all the flowers are fake) The veil (not in the pic) was $10 from ebay, shipped. **the red ski pants I already owned** Total outfit cost = $61.50.
img_2989.jpg
img_2991.jpg

FYI, the wedding is not traditional - we are getting married in a mass wedding at Loveland Ski area in Colorado. After vows, we ski down and attend the free reception at the bottom (they provide the cake, food, and booze and guests are $15 each).

PSers - Thanks for all the DIY tips. I did my own STDs and Invites and they were great! Now I wait to use all this stuff....

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I''m impressed! The dress and bouquet are very pretty!! I am definitely going to look on Craigslist, I never even thought of that. Congrats on accomplishing so much for such an inexpensive cost!!

Good luck and have a wonderful wedding!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! You look great!!! Are your shoulders going to be bare? brr!!! The red ski pants are definitely a nice touch!

olyelr

Rough_Rock
Okay... so I also bought a white down coat with a fur collar - so I'm not freezing. It was $30 on Overstock.com! :)

img_2761.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic! And what a fun way to get married. You look absolutely gorgeous. And from one "smart shopper" to another ... you did good!
36.gif

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
You are a perfect example that you don''t have to spend a lot of money to look gorgeous!!!! Have fun!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 10:32:50 AM
Author: aquarius_ser
You are a perfect example that you don''t have to spend a lot of money to look gorgeous!!!! Have fun!
Ditto! And what a fun way to get married.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Love the jacket!!! YEA for fun weddings!!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 9:50:49 AM
Author:olyelr
The dress was off of Craigslist, used for $40.
The bouquet is from Ebay - $10 including shipping - and came with matching boutinerre.
$1.50 on the pink and orange accent flowers.
The veil (not in the pic) was $10 from ebay, shipped.

Enjoying the process & remembering the day.....PRICELESS!!!!

You look great!!
36.gif
What a fun way to budget out your wedding. It looks like you're really enjoying being a bride! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results