shape
carat
color
clarity

FI and I just bought a condo!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
I''m so excited I need to share this news and I didn''t want to run around the office like a crazy person
3.gif

Fiance and I just put a down payment on a condo!! It''s a new construction high-rise with 55 stories (we are on the 16th floor), located just 5 blocks from the Empire State Building! Our apt is a one-bedroom facing west with great views of 5th ave. The developer said the building is scheduled to be completed this fall (soon after our wedding in september). We''re currently renting down by the Seaport, so we are soo excited to be moving further north closer to midtown and having a newlywed home to call our own!
36.gif

Here''s the website: http://www.skyhousecondo.com/

This is the architect''s rendition:

skyhouseblock-vi.jpg

We walked by the other day and took these photos of the building under construction:

73540762-vi.jpg

73540766-vi.jpg

Bird''s eye view:

385877028_e291f6179e-vi.jpg

Can''t wait!!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY congrats!!! Looks just awesome!!!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! What a view you will have from so far up!
36.gif

I would love to live in the city, but the bf hates all of the traffic.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

We have friends who live across the street from there and have watched it being built. We promised them we wouldn''t look there since they''re not too happy with all the construction!

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
AmandaPanda I''m sorry about your friend! Is he/she in the Belvedere? That is the residential rental building across the street that is pretty big. I wouldn''t be happy about construction down the block either, but we are all hoping they will complete it ahead of schedule!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It''s goregous!! Congrats!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
What great news! Congrats to you and your fiance. New homes are so much fun!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome! I love city life but only live in a small city, so I''m definitely jealous that you have such a great place in the Big Apple!

From what I''ve seen, developers and contractors are always behind when building these places. Are you able to stay in your current place a little longer if your closing gets delayed? You know . . . hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Anyway, looks like it will be awesome. Enjoy it in good health!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, what a view!!! I hope you come back with some more pictures of the inside, it really looks amazing!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 5:10:21 PM
Author: eleguin
AmandaPanda I''m sorry about your friend! Is he/she in the Belvedere? That is the residential rental building across the street that is pretty big. I wouldn''t be happy about construction down the block either, but we are all hoping they will complete it ahead of schedule!
That''s exactly where they live. And they face the new buliding. Not too happy!

But anyway, congrats to you!

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Some renditions of what the interior will look like once completed:

skyhouselobby-vi.jpg

06_0418-vi.jpg

apt-vi.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, how cool is that view?? AND facing west, meaning beautiful sunsets falling on your home....Lucky girl, congrats!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you looking for a roommate?
3.gif
Oh wait, 1 bedroom, right? That''s okay -- the couch will do.
9.gif
Congratulations! It looks beautiful!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Wow. How exciting!
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
YAY - how exciting! congratulations!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome place! Congrats to you guys!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations -- it looks FABULOUS!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, that is very exciting news!!! The view will be amazing!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowee, the interior renditions are gorgeous! If you will really get that kind of light...WOW!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats it looks awesome!!! are those renditions of the 1 bedroom? if so it looks huge!! and that view, amazing...betcha can''t wait!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is VERY exciting! Now all your new wedding stuff can be in your new home.

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your comments everyone! We are really excited about this, even though it will tie us down with a huge mortgage for many years to come. We figured this will be our newlywed home until we have kids (maybe in 5 years), at which time we will sell and buy a house or a bigger apartment. It is actually fairly big (for NY standards that is, probably tiny compared to some other places), has a fitness room and washer dryer in every apt. This was a big deal for us and those from NY would know that most apt buildings only have laundry rooms in the basement or at best, on each floor. I just can''t deal with leaving the apt to do laundry anymore!

doobao

Shiny_Rock
It''s so beautiful. Congrats~
I know it must feel exciting to have your own place to call home.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Looks awesome! How exciting! Congrats!
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow! it''s incredible!!

congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! Congrats!

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! That looks like a great building.

We''ll be navigating the NYC real estate market again this year, hopefully moving from our co-op into a condo. I''m dreading it because I want to stay in Soho and everything nice around here is $3m+.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I know that building! We live 8 blocks north--LOVE the neighborhood and I always push for people to look around there but nobody ever listens to me! Congrats on the new purchase. Can you see the ESB at all? We have southern exposure and have a great view of it. We're about to close on our condo next week (the building we were renting in converted to condo) and although I know what you mean about feeling the pain of the mortgage, in the end it's a great investment. And you will LOVE having a washer/dryer in the apartment. Makes life so much eaiser!! Enjoy!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Eleguin! That''s a very sexy building and condo you''ve bought into there! I love it! Best wishes, enjoy!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Congrats El

very exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results