shape
carat
color
clarity

FedEx is delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Good morning ladies. I was supposed to get my diamond via FedEx today, but I am starting to get worried. The tracking info says "Delayed Beyond Our Control." It still says that it should arrive here by 9:00 AM, however, it is 9:40 and the delay message is still up. My BF has been nervous from the start about buying a diamond online, and I have been reassuring him the whole time, but now I am starting to get worried. I know it is only officially 40 minutes late, but the whole "Delay Beyond Our Control" is freaking me out a little bit. Was there some bad weather in the Pacific Midwest that I haven''t heard about on the news? I''m so nervous and confused. It should be insured by FedEx, right? So if anything happens, we''ll at least get our money back, right?

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Oh how nervewracking lel! Listen, mine was shipped yesterday as well and I''m sure if you call your vendor you can find out the insurance piece. Did it ship from the Northwest Pacific or from the Midwest? I know there is a ton of ice all over the country, so it could be anything. Do you have a tracking number? If I were you, I''d be on the phone calling around to dig up information. That will sooth your nerves. I totally understand as my guy wasn''t too into online shopping either, but it will all be worth it once you get that beauty on your finger!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks caligal, I emailed my BF to see if he would call. I think if I don''t hear back from him soon, I will call him to get the info. It is being shipped from OR to MN. It''s cold here, but but there is no reason a delivery plane/truck should have any weather related problems getting into the area. Good luck with yours, show us pictures when you get a chance. Keep your fingers crossed for mine please.

shawee

Rough_Rock
It can mean a lot of things, like the package not making it to the delivery truck in time. When you check the status, it should say your closest city and it should say something like en route, otherwise, I don''t think they are going to be delivered today.

You can call Fedex yourself and give them the shipping info... they will track it for you.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I just checked the tracking info again, and it says the package left the origin at 8:40 AM today
14.gif
. It still says the estimated delivery is 9:00AM today, but obviously that is not possible since it is 11:30 here. I doubt it will make the trip from OR to MN in the next 6 hours or so, so it looks like I will have to wait until tomorrow.
7.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I''m sorry, that is so frustrating. FedEx is usually so good...it''s UPS I''ve had a ton of problems with. Hang in there!!!

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 10:57:02 AM
Author: lehcarm
Thanks caligal, I emailed my BF to see if he would call. I think if I don''t hear back from him soon, I will call him to get the info. It is being shipped from OR to MN. It''s cold here, but but there is no reason a delivery plane/truck should have any weather related problems getting into the area. Good luck with yours, show us pictures when you get a chance. Keep your fingers crossed for mine please.

Don''t worry...it''s probably not YOUR area that''s experiencing delays. FedEx is probably overrun by delays due to the icy roads in other parts of the nation. They only have so many trucks and if a fleet is delayed on its way from TX to OR, then your shipment from OR to MN will also probably be delayed.

Just hang in there...I''m sure it will be delivered ASAP to your doorstep in perfect condition!

FYI: http://www.cnn.com/2007/WEATHER/01/17/winter.blast.ap/index.html

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I''m positive it''s weather-related. I''m in Portland, Oregon, and everything has basically been shut down since early yesterday morning due unexpected snow. My family is in Houston, and my sister-in-law told me last night that they were expecting ice and sleet there. Weird weather.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call them!!!! I''d want the most info I could get, and the people on the phone usually have more info than the website...

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, not to worry you, but I had an unfortunate experience with FedEx where the customer service representative hung up on me because I accused him of being located out of the country (which he was . . . is it a crime to point out how this might be an obstacle to facilitating the rectification of the situation?). Long story short, the driver had faked a delivery attempt and put in the system that delivery had been attempted . . . um, no, we were here, there was no delivery notice left, and the call box had not been used to call up! It was very frustrating, but luckily FedEx made a special delivery for me the next day, but only after I expended a lot of energy complaining. Grrr. Stupid delivery man with no morals. And stupid customer service people located on the other side of the world who are supposed to facilitate a special delivery but don''t have any actual ability to do so.
29.gif

swissdiamond

Rough_Rock
Sorry to hear about your FedEx problem. I also had a problem with them back in December. Not only was my delivery late, the information that showed up when I tried to track it online was not correct like what you are seeing. I called them multiple times a day to ask them where the shipment was (diamond earrings)... they could not tell me where it was and to top off the whole debacle, when it finally arrived the delivery guy came to my house (I was not at home) and left it with my neighbor without leaving a note for me saying that he had left it with my neighbor. When I called to check the latest status they told me it was delivered and signed for but they could not read the signature and didnt know where it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately my neighbor kindly left me a note saying he had it...good for me this elderly neighbor is someone who I trust...

I would call them and ask them to give you a firm answer on what is going on and why the information is not correctly updated on their website. I think this happens quite often. I am thinking of not ordering from the specifc online vendor again just because I do not want to go through the whole procedure with FedEx again!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a bummer, it''s so hard to wait for big things like that. I always get super antsy about big goodies in the mail, good luck with waiting!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your positive thoughts yesterday! The package is now waiting to be picked up by my BF at our local FedEx facility. I''ll try to take some pictures tonight!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 9:02:21 AM
Thanks for all your positive thoughts yesterday! The package is now waiting to be picked up by my BF at our local FedEx facility. I''ll try to take some pictures tonight!
Glad to hear it!
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad everything worked out!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 9:02:21 AM
Yay!!! Can''t wait for pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results