shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Toy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I was just surfing around on Ebay and stumbled on some vintage Barbies and it got me to thinking. Of all the toys I had when I was growing up, I still wish I had my Winkin'' Western Barbie, Pink Barbie Corvette and my Barbie Jacuzzi. I know I can get them off of Ebay if I really wanted to but there''s nothing like having something that was actually YOURS growing up.

So, I guess I was wondering what toys do you guys wish you still had as a child or still have to this day that you''ll never part with?

I do actually have a stuffed Kermit The Frog that my dad bought for me when I was a baby. He''s so cool..and to think "he''s" as old as I am.
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
didn''t have a favorite toy when i was a kid but now, i want to learn how to fly one of those radio control airplanes.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I loved those Ideal Crissy family dolls, the ones with the knob on their back that allowed their hair to shorten and lengthen. I still have my two original dolls Crissy and Mia, and they are in mint condition (even though I played with them constantly!) A few years ago, I got nostalgic for those dolls, and got them out of storage. I remembered that there were a bunch of dolls in the grow-hair family that I never got as a kid, so I went on Ebay and got several more of them. I also bought some vintage outfits for them, because most of the doll clothes I had growing up were home made by my grandma (I still have those, too). I also still have some of my original Barbies, my favorite one especially...Malibu PJ! I also still have my first baby doll.

My favorite toy of all time was my pink stingray bike, though! It had butterfly handlebars and a banana seat. It was too cool!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I had a fuzzy blue Grover doll with a big pink nose. I wish I still had him.
8.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite toy ever was Fashion Plates...you girls remember them? You would use three thin plates which you aligned on a board and colored/traced over with colored pencils or a peeled crayon on a paper and would create a Barbie looking woman and you could change her outfits by mixing and matching the plates.

It would be fun if I still had them to see how totally eighty-ish the clothes and hairstyles on the mix and match plates were!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
DF, that would be really cool! I bought h2b a radio controlled hellicopter last year. He''s only used it once because you really need a huge area to fly it in. It kept ending up in trees, the neighbor''s yard, etc so he put away for another time. But its still really cool.

I asked h2b what his favorite toys were growing up and he pulled out a bunch of boxes filled with AFX cars and then showed me two train sets that are boxed up. One was his father''s when he was a kid and the other one was h2b''s when he was a kid. I''m so jealous
3.gif
I told him this year we''re going to build a holiday village and set up his train sets so now he has the task of taking them apart and reworking/cleaning them up. He''s probably going to be irritated with me before too long...but it''ll be worth it when they''re running smoothly.
5.gif

sjz! I remember those! My cousin had one and we would play with that thing for hours. It really was a lot of fun. A lot of my friend''s mothers and grandmothers made doll clothes for their dolls. Mine didn''t for some reason. I think my grandmother made doll clothes for my mom and aunt''s dolls but that was it for her. When they grew up she was finished.

Jennifer!!! I LOVE Grover! My favorite book was called "The Monster At The End Of This Book" and it was Grover and the entire time he was trying his best to keep you from turning the page because every turn of the page brought you closer to the end and closer to the "monster". I remember there was one page where he "bricked" up the page and another where he "tied" it up with ropes. When you get to the very last page the only "monster" there is Grover. He''s so embarassed about it
9.gif
Ooohh, I wish I still had that book!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 10:25:25 PM
Author: Diamonds4Me

Jennifer!!! I LOVE Grover! My favorite book was called ''The Monster At The End Of This Book'' and it was Grover and the entire time he was trying his best to keep you from turning the page because every turn of the page brought you closer to the end and closer to the ''monster''. I remember there was one page where he ''bricked'' up the page and another where he ''tied'' it up with ropes. When you get to the very last page the only ''monster'' there is Grover. He''s so embarassed about it
9.gif
emcry.gif

2.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
PunchNPie, I vaguely remember those....but they sound like something I would have wanted
9.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Punch -- I remember those! I remember getting it for Christmas one year!

My favorite toys were always stuffed animals. Most important has been a dog that my grandma bought me when I was four. I still have him. One time his head fell off because I hugged him around his neck so often that my mom had to perform some reconstructive surgery on him
3.gif

Maybe I was a weird kid, but I never really got into the Barbies...ooh, but I did have the entire collection of Shira dolls and the pink horse thing too. My favorite things were art projects to do.

But when I think about what I miss from my childhood, I wish my mom had kept my favorite books. I think the one I''d love to have on my bookshelves now is my tattered old copy of Matilda that I read probably a dozen times when I was in 2nd grade.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Blue, I can''t believe I forgot about She-Ra...I actually had the Crystal Castle (or Crystal Palace..I can''t remember which), I just remember it was big and pink, had the elevator on one side and the bluish/purple "crystal" bed that came with it. What can I say, I was only six years old
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, that would be really cool! I bought h2b a radio controlled hellicopter last year. He''s only used it once because you really need a huge area to fly it in. It kept ending up in trees, the neighbor''s yard, etc so he put away for another time. But its still really cool.

I asked h2b what his favorite toys were growing up and he pulled out a bunch of boxes filled with AFX cars and then showed me two train sets that are boxed up. One was his father''s when he was a kid and the other one was h2b''s when he was a kid. I''m so jealous
3.gif
I told him this year we''re going to build a holiday village and set up his train sets so now he has the task of taking them apart and reworking/cleaning them up. He''s probably going to be irritated with me before too long...but it''ll be worth it when they''re running smoothly.
5.gif
D4Me
i heard you need to get insurance to fly those RC airplanes. AFX cars
33.gif
are they like Hot Wheels cars? b/c i had some of those.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 11:00:39 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

3.gif
5.gif
D4Me
i heard you need to get insurance to fly those RC airplanes. AFX cars
33.gif
are they like Hot Wheels cars? b/c i had some of those.
Uh oh..I didn''t hear that about insurance. I''ll bring that up to him though...its probably worth it seeing how this one kind of goes whever it wants to.

Yeah, AFX cars are kind of like Hot Wheels only they have little motor type things in them that run on an AFX slot track. He has quite a few still in their original boxes and those are worth some $$..or at least they were the last time he checked. I''m going to look up a few sites later to see what I can find out about them for him.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2005 11:08:11 PM

Yeah, AFX cars are kind of like Hot Wheels only they have little motor type things in them that run on an AFX slot track. He has quite a few still in their original boxes and those are worth some $$..or at least they were the last time he checked. I''m going to look up a few sites later to see what I can find out about them for him.
D4Me
AFX ...or was it Tyco
33.gif
i had a set when i was in 6th grade .the cars had 2 little pieces of copper blades on the bottom and blades make contact with track.

ps; some Hot Wheels also had a little motor in them.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2005 12:20:44 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 7/26/2005 11:08:11 PM

D4Me
AFX ...or was it Tyco
33.gif
i had a set when i was in 6th grade .the cars had 2 little pieces of copper blades on the bottom and blades make contact with track.

ps; some Hot Wheels also had a little motor in them.
Those are exactly like his with the copper strips. I''ll take some photos tomorrow and post them for you
9.gif

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite toys as a kid kind of give me the heebie jeebies today. They were little dressed-up mice made out of rabbit fur. They were dressed as characters like "Mr. Mice Guy" and "Scarlett O'Hairy." Another friend of mine collected them, too, and I would put them all in a shoebox and tell my mom that I was going over to Nikki's to "play mice." We used doll house furniture and set up a little mouse house. I was so serious about it I had my dad build a shadow box to display my mice when they weren't being played with.

My mom kept them all these years, and I came across them when we were cleaning out her closet. They looked pretty raggedy and actually kind of gross. But I was obsessed with them as a kid.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2005 12:47:01 AM
Author: mrs jam
My favorite toys as a kid kind of give me the heebie jeebies today. They were little dressed-up mice made out of rabbit fur. They were dressed as characters like ''Mr. Mice Guy'' and ''Scarlett O''Hairy.'' Another friend of mine collected them, too, and I would put them all in a shoebox and tell my mom that I was going over to Nikki''s to ''play mice.'' We used doll house furniture and set up a little mouse house. I was so serious about it I had my dad build a shadow box to display my mice when they weren''t being played with.

My mom kept them all these years, and I came across them when we were cleaning out her closet. They looked pretty raggedy and actually kind of gross. But I was obsessed with them as a kid.
Aw, it sounds really sweet. But I understand what you mean too. I came across a picture of a doll that I used to have and remember that when I was a kid I thought it was the most beautiful doll I''d ever seen...but when I saw a picture of it the other day...
14.gif
..It looked very masculine even though it had long hair and a pretty little dress on. That kind of freaked me out a little, lol.

DF, I''m getting ready to take pics of some of those AFX cars.
9.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, DF. Here they come
35.gif

AFX1.jpg

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t touch the ones that are still in their boxes. In this lot there were only two and he says that in the closet (oh dear) there are a couple boxes where none of them have been played with and are still in the original boxes. I''m afraid to go in search of..there''s no telling what I may find in the office closet
40.gif

#2 (I''m pretty partial to this one
37.gif
)

AFX2.jpg

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock

AFX4.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Just before I was born my mother was given a Teddy Bear for me. His name is Snuggle Bear, yes he was named that prior to the fabric softner. He was a light tan color and uber fluffy when I got him. Now he is a kinda of medium brown and basically smooshed. He is the only possesion I have had my entire life. My father has perform a few surgeries (yes with real needle and surgical thread I insisted when I was younger) to keep him intact but overall he is looking good. Snuggle Bear holds all my secrets from then to now and has yet to blab on me. When I was younger he always took the fall for my eating cookies in bed and never complained. I think that is what makes teddy bears, or other stuffed animals, so special when you are little you really belive they love you back. Does anyone remember the movie The Christmas Toy? I am not sure when it came out but I was little and I would always remember to tell Snuggle Bear that I loved him best.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
I can't say that I had a favorite toy..but I had a "dress up" closet that my mom stocked with vintage "gowns" (donations from her friends and relatives) and accessories..pocketbooks, fun shoes, blue ice skates with fur tops... I even had a pilot's helmet from a fighter jet (my dad worked for grumman) and a wedding veil...elbow length gloves (that came up to our pits) Lots of stuff to spark imagination. My friends and I spent HOURS playing dress-up and inventing "plays".

It was fun :)

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh matatora, your Snuggle Bear sounds wonderful!!
2.gif

I was a Barbie freak when I was a little girl. I had everything (I was spoiled, I admit it!) : the dream house, the convertible, the ice cream shoppe, barbie furniture, all the latest fashions, the little boy and girl barbie, multiple Ken dolls, etc. My barbie had it going on!!

So this is hilarious - shortly after I saw the movie "Pretty Woman" ( I think I was like 10 or something when that came out), I was trying not to play with my barbies anymore because I felt I was getting too "old"
20.gif
, but I came up with a great storyline, so I had to play. So I go up into my room and get out my barbies. I found the sluttiest barbie clothes I could find and put them on one of my dolls, cut her hair real short with my scissors and named her "Trudy" . Trudy became "prostitute barbie"!!!
9.gif
Mind you, I was 10, so I really didn''t understand exactly what being a hooker entailed, but I made her go and kiss all the ken dolls and they all wanted to "date" her! I pretty much followed the Pretty Woman story and had her meet a rich ken doll and eventually marry him.....
16.gif

So yes, movies DO influence kids!
3.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Mata, I had a stuffed camel that belonged to my mom when she was a little girl. Its name was Clyde the Camel but being a little kid I always got it backwards and called it Camel the Clyde
20.gif
When I ''grew up'' she took it back but has told me that someday she''ll give it to me. But I did love that camel. It went everywhere with me..grocery store shopping cart ride; check, doctor''s visit; check, lol. It was awesome.
1.gif

Lovey, my mom mom''s (grandmother''s) closet was always chocked full of the most beautiful clothes. I don''t believe she has ever owned a pair of sweats or tennis shoes in her life. When I would visit her for the summers I couldn''t wait to get there so I could play dress-up. It was the biggest closet I had ever seen in my life and it was double decker!! (top and bottom rails
3.gif
). I felt like I had hit the jackpot, lol. But the real jackpot was when she introduced me to the wonderful world of diamonds at the age of seven. I was finally old enough to graduate to the ''jewelry counter''
18.gif
I soon forgot about the gowns and high heeled shoes that were way too big for me and concentrated on nothing but the sparklies. I''d cram as many rings onto one finger as I could and walk around with my hands just incrusted with glitter, bracelets and who knows what else. Ah, those were the days
face16.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Diamonds4me...my mother had/has a stuffed Rhino that my father gave her when she was 15. When ever I broke a bone as a child he would come protect me. When my father goes out of town the Rhino reappears as her bed mate. With all the expensive toys out there I still think a 10$ teddy bear is a great investment and will be loved the longest. jmo

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2005 11:47:33 AM
Author: Matatora
Diamonds4me...my mother had/has a stuffed Rhino that my father gave her when she was 15. When ever I broke a bone as a child he would come protect me. When my father goes out of town the Rhino reappears as her bed mate. With all the expensive toys out there I still think a 10$ teddy bear is a great investment and will be loved the longest. jmo
That is so sweet, mata. I agree. Most often than not its the gifts that are not expensive that mean the most. jmo, too.
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D4Me
yep....i had some those cars.the Camaros & Trans Am looks like 71 or 72 models.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 10:26:17 PM
Author: Jennifer5973

Jennifer!!! I LOVE Grover! My favorite book was called ''The Monster At The End Of This Book'' and it was Grover and the entire time he was trying his best to keep you from turning the page because every turn of the page brought you closer to the end and closer to the ''monster''. I remember there was one page where he ''bricked'' up the page and another where he ''tied'' it up with ropes. When you get to the very last page the only ''monster'' there is Grover. He''s so embarassed about it
9.gif
emcry.gif

2.gif

D4M, You can get a new copy of the book for about $3.40 at half.com.

I also love that book!

2461567.jpeg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crossman 2100
My first gun.

cr2100.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crossman 1377 my first handgun.
I still have the 2100 but the 1377 was wore out years ago after 500000+ pellets and bb''s

ct1377.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both are still made today after over 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results