shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite smells...

Gawd, I LOVE campfires and the smell of them. So good. And yes fresh oranges orangelicious.

completely off topic but the other day when i roasted a chicken instead of sticking a cut lemon up the cavity i had a couple of manderines Gary wasn't intrtested in - i had made some herb and chorizo stuffing too that went in after the citrus
when i cut the chicken up the actually manderin halves were amazing - they smelt like mulled wine - they never made it to the table :lol:

back to smells but staying on citrus theme
my lemon tree
the smell of its flowers at the moment at night is heaven

cactus flowers
some of them have the most delightful heavy musky kinda heavy sweet floral notes

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeeez how could i forget
the smell of a vinyl record
that's the smell of happiness

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here in coastal Southern California it doesn't rain much, but after the first rain the air smells wonderful.

Flowers:
Freesia
Sweet pea
Plumeria
Night blooming jasmine

Colognes:
Aramis
Halston Z-14
Jovan Musk

Leather
Freshly baked bread
Burning wood
Freshly-ground coffee
New car
Sex

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
the smell of a car engine on a sunny day 4x4ing

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

White petal flowers. Sweet peas. Roses!
Citrus.
Allspice.
Tobacco vanillas.
Fir (pine) trees.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the smell of freshly washed clothes off the line outside..although I don’t have a clothesline anymore...I also love the smell of our clothes after being outside on a cold day.
Fresh cut Christmas trees, freshly cut wood, suntan lotion, burning campfire on a cold night, a newborn baby’s head, beach air, Coconut...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the smell of freshly washed clothes off the line outside..although I don’t have a clothesline anymore...I also love the smell of our clothes after being outside on a cold day.
Fresh cut Christmas trees, freshly cut wood, suntan lotion, burning campfire on a cold night, a newborn baby’s head, beach air, Coconut...

when i bring my washing in this afternoon ill have an extra head deep wiff for you =)2
and everyone else who doesn't have a clothesline :(2
no sheets, but a weeks worth of towels

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also hang laundry to dry. :clap:
But I use fragrance free detergent and no fabric softener, no smell which is what I prefer in laundry.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also hang laundry to dry. :clap:
But I use fragrance free detergent and no fabric softener, no smell which is what I prefer in laundry.

im very impressed you hang the washing out Kenny

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lilacs
Phlox on a summer evening
My house after having just brought in the Christmas tree (fir tree)
Wood fires in the neighbourhood (home heating)
Onions frying
Garlic
Fresh baked bread
Estée Lauder White Linen

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gardenia and when the house smells lemon clean. Pine kills me and gives me asthma.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
There are smells of landscapes or times of year or good things around the house - most already mentioned; then, there are two plants who get me going to them just to enjoy the scent in their respective seasons - rosa damascena (there was rose jam every year from two old roses in the back of the old house, & the making thereof - two days in heaven!) & now that I do not live anywhere near any, rock rose (cistus ladanifer) is the best scent maker nearby, the scent off the plant (sap, not flowers) is as complicated as a perfume - a hundred step dry down over a couple of hours, from sticky fluid to resin, but not something I'd want to eat (perhaps drink in somethng strong). Old school both. I have not had the two side by side & extracts are just short abstacts of these things.

ending a long day with a ramble

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@AV_ next time i see some rock roses im taking my nose over to investigate !

i like thr smell of the leaves of petunias
the smell like summer
@AprilBaby i totaly get your aversion to pine
(long live the fake Christmas tree)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fresh laundered clothes and bedding. Especially love Tide and Downy.
I also love the smell of Fabuloso when I’m cleaning our house.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fresh laundered clothes and bedding. Especially love Tide and Downy.
I also love the smell of Fabuloso when I’m cleaning our house.

I love Fabuloso! I mix it with rubbing alcohol and water to clean my marble in the kitchen.
My niece just told me about a very expensive laundry detergent. It’s called Glamorous Diva. You add a capful to non scented regular laundry detergent..no fabric softener. The smell is amazing but very strong so you shouldn’t use the amount on the bottle. I can’t wear perfume when I wash my clothes in it because the scent is still there. I went to the doctor yesterday and she said I smelled really good like clothes hung out in fresh air. Lol It’s very expensive. It will last forever just adding a capful to your wash.I bought it on Amazon.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does Fabuloso smell like?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had to look it up. Here you go.

"Fabuloso is an all-purpose cleaner known for its fresh scents like lavender, citrus or ocean breeze."

I can only tolerate unscented products generally. Though now I am interested in smelling this haha.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kids' skin when they were babies (definitely NOT now as they are smelly teens, haha)
My dog's paws (like Frito's corn chips!)
Lavender
Post-rain smell
Freshly fallen snow
Freshly mowed lawn
Apple pie in the oven
Baking bread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to look it up. Here you go.

"Fabuloso is an all-purpose cleaner known for its fresh scents like lavender, citrus or ocean breeze."

I can only tolerate unscented products generally. Though now I am interested in smelling this haha.

I only buy the lavender one..so nice...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Note to self: bring some lavender into this house! (there is none in the yard & I only remember it is missing when I make chocolate to drink; if there is some fresh lavender at hand it gets into other dishes too & into expresso)

-

@AV_ next time i see some rock roses im taking my nose over to investigate !

I will be curious to hear what you make of it! The flowers do not have much scent, it comes from a sap that is made in defense only over a couple of hours (so rubbing leaves between fingers does nothing); an undamaged plant has only a fairly subtle scent. The youngest leaf buds have the strongest even without damage, all the time, so they are the part to smell (although a little different than the rest, much like white tea is somewhat different than any green).

The plant is common in this region, but not anywhere within walking distance along the trails nearby (wrong soil). I keep promissing myself a treck for a fresh bundle to play with.

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
- The smell of a paved driveway when it rains on a hot summer day. I don’t know why but it smells so good to me. As a little kid, I used to lick the pavement in the summer. Yup, you read that right. :lol:

- Wet dirt.

- Fresh cut wood (anytime I travel to Home Depot I walk down the wood aisle and just breath deeply ).

- Garlic!

- My kitties. I just stick my face right into their fur.

- My dogs on a good day. I have two pugs. They either smell like Freitos corn chips (yum) or a shrimp boat. :sick:

- An old book.

- Money. I’m not money hungry or anything but that paper smells F’ing delicious.

- Literally anything sweet. Cotton candy, chocolate, cookies, waffles, cinnamon sugar, all the good things.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Coffee, bacon, warm clean clothes, cottonwoods/poplars leafing out in spring.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They have different scents but I like the original which is lavender scented. I use to use pinesol but switched to fabuloso. I use it diluted when I clean the counters and mop the floor. It just gives a clean fresh scent and it lasts a while.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results