shape
carat
color
clarity

Example of topic in this forum: Diamond ring for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think we should make another WTB sub-forum?

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
I would like to sell a beautiful diamond cross I've wore once. I just prefer pearls to a pendant. Am I understanding correctly, I need to have the cross listed on some other site like ebay and then post that here with the details of the item?

Thanks

Rubylou

Rough_Rock
Can you delete a tread one you've opened it?

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
Is this the appropriate place to ask for advice about selling a diamond? Or is there somewhere better?

nkc

Shiny_Rock
This is to show an example of how listings should be posted in this forum. You do not need to follow this exact format, but it is an example.

For sale is a 32 carat diamond, F VS1, with a GIA certificate.

It is available for $500 million dollars and the listing is on ebay:

**Link to ebay listing**

(You may insert photos and a description into the thread if you wish)

Please feel free to post here with questions.

Thank you for looking!

If your item sells, please use the report concern button on that thread and we can then mark it as sold. :))

Just to make sure I understand correctly, what should I avoid when I create my thread on pre-loved?
Was the delay in posting a link to a listing the issue?

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
Just to make sure I understand correctly, what should I avoid when I create my thread on pre-loved?
Was the delay in posting a link to a listing the issue?

I'm not an administrator but I know you can't post your actual contact information but you should be able to post a link to an item (I know for sure you can post your LT listing links). If you want to provide that information without an actual link, you can make a listing on LT with your contact information and let PSers know your user name and that there is a listing with further info.

I do remember seeing someone with a listing (yesterday?) with something that might have been flagged but, honestly, it's vague already! I hope that helps for now, I'm sure other's will chime in.

Reactions: nkc

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I'm not an administrator but I know you can't post your actual contact information but you should be able to post a link to an item (I know for sure you can post your LT listing links). If you want to provide that information without an actual link, you can make a listing on LT with your contact information and let PSers know your user name and that there is a listing with further info.

I do remember seeing someone with a listing (yesterday?) with something that might have been flagged but, honestly, it's vague already! I hope that helps for now, I'm sure other's will chime in.

Is the delay in posting a link to a listing an issue? I have seen others do that but I realize that I waited too long. However, I did mention in the thread that I will definitely create a listing and post a link. The rules do not specify a duration. If the link should be posted immediately, it is unclear why there are multiple other threads that guage interest and post a link later. I would think that the same rules should apply to everyone.
It is also unclear why Ella did not respond to my question above or the private message I sent her through 'report concern'. If the goal it truly to ensure we follow the rules, I hope I'm able to get clarification so I can understand the rules which (I hope) apply to everyone equally.

Last edited:

nkc

Shiny_Rock
@Ella I would appreciate it if you could respond to my question above so I can understand.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
@Ella I would like to add that there's a pre-loved thread that was posted in November, 2020 without a link and it is still open as of now. Why is it not closed if links should be posted within two days? Does the two day limit justification you mentioned in your recent e-mail apply to everyone equally? We've already established the fact that it is not written in the rules you asked me to read. I'm not sure if this is a new rule that was created today to fit the current situation and I hope this does not affect your credibility or the credibility of PS.
Let me know if you need any help locating this thread. I usually save screenshots.

1610340238170.png
1610340623744.png

Last edited:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi NKC, I did send you an email in detail when we closed the thread, which you responded to, and you even posted a snippet from it above. Which I deleted since it is against our policies. I've deleted two of your posts in this thread that were combative towards us, which we don't allow on the forum.

Multiple users over multiple weeks asked you to post a link to your item saying they were interested, and it did not happen. You also asked a vendor to come into the thread and for him to break our policies. This made users feel uncomfortable, and it seemed like a reasonable amount of time had passed without a link being posted as it had been three weeks since the thread was originally posted. As we said to you in our email, you are welcome to repost it when you've posted it for sale elsewhere.

Sometimes threads last for weeks without a listing because no one shows real interest. Or simply, we miss it. I do not work full time and I am the only forum moderator.

Multiple users reported your thread because it made them uncomfortable. If you have additional questions, please follow the rules and respond to me via email, as I will not be responding to combative threads and accusations on the forum again.

You quote only the Preloved policies, but there is an entire set of forum policies as well that you agreed to when you signed up, and you and vendors must abide by all of them. This is where some of the policies around vendors lie:

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Hi NKC, I did send you an email in detail when we closed the thread, which you responded to, and you even posted a snippet from it above. Which I deleted since it is against our policies. I've deleted two of your posts in this thread that were combative towards us, which we don't allow on the forum.

Multiple users over multiple weeks asked you to post a link to your item saying they were interested, and it did not happen. You also asked a vendor to come into the thread and for him to break our policies. This made users feel uncomfortable, and it seemed like a reasonable amount of time had passed without a link being posted as it had been three weeks since the thread was originally posted. As we said to you in our email, you are welcome to repost it when you've posted it for sale elsewhere.

Sometimes threads last for weeks without a listing because no one shows real interest. Or simply, we miss it. I do not work full time and I am the only forum moderator.

Multiple users reported your thread because it made them uncomfortable. If you have additional questions, please follow the rules and respond to me via email, as I will not be responding to combative threads and accusations on the forum again.

You quote only the Preloved policies, but there is an entire set of forum policies as well that you agreed to when you signed up, and you and vendors must abide by all of them. This is where some of the policies around vendors lie:

@Ella my Posts are not combative. I simply stated the facts.
I simply explained that the two day duration is not mentioned in the rules. I could not have known that by reading the rules. I also mentioned that there are other threads without a link that were started months ago and are still open.

I explained that the rules say "No vendor may solicit business" and I do not think they have. I mentioned a vendor but he did not respond so no rule was broken. This was an unintentional mistake and we all make mistakes.

I pointed out the inappropriate accusatory posts by one member. I requested you to review since there's a pattern. I also said that there's no justification for allowing such posts. You can disagree if you want but why do you feel this is combative?

A delayed link should not make people uncomfortable. I see that you recently deleted the Pre-loved closed thread. This will prevent others from understanding the full picture.

Thank you for your time and comments. I realize the challenge of being able to manage this forum and respond to everyone.

Last edited:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi NKC,

As I stated previously, please respond to my email if you wish for more clarification about your personal situation. Again, I ask that you re-read the policies, as we ask that users not discuss moderator actions on the forum, and that you understand that some situations are subject to judgement calls of the moderator.

Your tone seems like you feel that you've been wronged. As we did with you, we sent an email clarifying what policies were broken, why a thread was closed/removed, and offered for you to repost when those violations have been fixed. We did not ban you, or do anything punitive.

I've reinstated one of your posts above so you can re-read it and perhaps see why it feels combative to me. Questioning our integrity, implying that we created a new policy just to apply to you, and posting my personal email address on the forum are all a combative way to react to what was simply a request that you correct a violated policy.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Hi NKC,

As I stated previously, please respond to my email if you wish for more clarification about your personal situation. Again, I ask that you re-read the policies, as we ask that users not discuss moderator actions on the forum, and that you understand that some situations are subject to judgement calls of the moderator.

Your tone seems like you feel that you've been wronged. As we did with you, we sent an email clarifying what policies were broken, why a thread was closed/removed, and offered for you to repost when those violations have been fixed. We did not ban you, or do anything punitive.

I've reinstated one of your posts above so you can re-read it and perhaps see why it feels combative to me. Questioning our integrity, implying that we created a new policy just to apply to you, and posting my personal email address on the forum are all a combative way to react to what was simply a request that you correct a violated policy.

@Ella Please re-instate the other long post where I explained in details the facts and my concerns if you choose to leave the one you re-instated above. I think it is fair to either post the full story (including the closed pre-loved thread) or remove all. The pre-loved thread you deleted shows how I was bullied by a member for no reason. The approach was unacceptable. I'm disappointed that this was not addressed as it is not the first time and it happened to other members too.
I love this forum and have met several wonderful people here. I like to feel comfortable coming here and knowing that I will be treated fairly.

Last edited:

nkc

Shiny_Rock
@Ella Do I have your permission to post a screenshot of the rude and accusatory post from the PS member? If not, please feel free to remove it.
I don't think we should selectively post bits and pieces. We should either say all or remove all. But, I respect you decision if you want to remove this or anything else.
I will not respond to others who might attempt to escalate.

**Edited by moderator, this is inappropriate**

Last edited by a moderator:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Where you see bullying, I see someone pointing out rules that are there to protect *all* PSers. A slide into opaque and non-descriptive pre-loved threads benefits no-one.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ella Do I have your permission to post a screenshot of the rude and accusatory post from the PS member? If not, please feel free to remove it.
I don't think we should selectively post bits and pieces. We should either say all or remove all.

**edited by moderator**

Wow, Ella has been kind and patient to explain to you that it’s against the rules to question or disagree with moderator actions on the forum and to email her privately. But you continue to break the rule after she told you. Now you actually repost something the moderator deleted??? Honestly, I like giving new people the benefit of the doubt because it’s hard to remember all the rules. But when you continue to challenge Ella after she explained the rule, I think you are not going to gain any support for your position.

Last edited by a moderator:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
nkc I don't think anyone is trying to escalate anything. PS has been here for a long time and these rules are not new. Just like there are many personalities in the world they also exist here on PS. Try not to take everything so personally.

There are so many really big and heartbreaking things happening in the world. I would encourage you to let go of the small stuff. If you want to list your necklace create a listing on loupe troop or eBay and then come back here and create a thread. Its simple and a small thing really.

Ella thank you for your efforts in trying to maintain and moderate this very HUGE forum and all of its people to your best ability. We all have lives to be living in the tangible world so I just wanted to acknowledge the time consuming work with the online world too.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nkc This thread is not an appropriate venue for this tangent. Please reserve your personal complaints about me, or any other PS member(s), for your private conversations with the moderators.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ok all, thank you for your thoughts, hopefully we can let this one go and anyone who has continued questions can email us.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
A screen shot of a rude post from a member was removed. My explanation to the moderator was also removed. I respect the decision of the moderator but the full story is not allowed to be told.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
NKC, what you believe to be rude, others believe to be direct. We do not publicly shame people here, and so it was removed.

The posts you reported were examined, and did not break our policies.

Please respect that I have asked you to contact us directly instead of via the forum. I am temporarily closing this thread to redirect this conversation where we have asked for it to be directed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results