shape
carat
color
clarity

Example of topic in this forum: Diamond ring for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
This is to show an example of how listings should be posted in this forum. You do not need to follow this exact format, but it is an example.

For sale is a 32 carat diamond, F VS1, with a GIA certificate.

It is available for $500 million dollars and the listing is on ebay:

**Link to ebay listing**

(You may insert photos and a description into the thread if you wish)

Please feel free to post here with questions.

Thank you for looking!

If your item sells, please use the report concern button on that thread and we can then mark it as sold. :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will you take $400 million? :bigsmile:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
kenny|1316718096|3023148 said:

She might! :)

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

All offers considered. But you might need to sweeten the deal. What else will you give me? ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1316718375|3023153 said:

All offers considered. But you might need to sweeten the deal. What else will you give me? ;))

I'll always be nice here on PS . . . oh wait . . . I'm not sure I can afford that. :lol:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
kenny|1316718450|3023155 said:
Ella|1316718375|3023153 said:

I'll always be nice here on PS . . . oh wait . . . I'm not sure I can afford that. :lol:

I might pay you to see that Kenny. ;))

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I would pay if someone would put me out of my misery and tell me what or where is voldermort? It is driving me crazy.

One question though? Is this open to all Pricescopers or is there a minimum amount of posts required to participate?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
ruby59|1316718842|3023160 said:
One question though? Is this open to all Pricescopers or is there a minimum amount of posts required to participate?

It is open to all PSers right now, although if the privilege is abused by spammers we may need to revise this rule in the future. We would like to start with being more inclusive and move to more restrictive only if necessary. :))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1316718842|3023160 said:
I would pay if someone would put me out of my misery and tell me what or where is voldermort? It is driving me crazy.

voldemort is diamond bistro (I can say this here, correct?)

also, I would like pics of the 32 carat diamond as well as the full GIA report number and exact carat weight!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
SLG: Yes, you can now. :))

I'll do my best on the photo request.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we need to list our item on another site, then we are permitted to post a link to the listing here on PS.

Does our post about our item have to be in the current thread format?
If it doesn't sell for a while sellers will want to bump up their thread to reach new eyeballs.
Is that allowed?
How often?

We all know most of the eyeballs of customers are on RT.
Is it allowed to start a thread announcing it in RT, with a link to the thread on PPSJ, (Preloved PS Jewels Forum)?

What if I notice a noob shopper on RT just happens to be looking for a 0.82 E VVS1 ACA and I have one for sale,,,can I mention that to the poster on RT?
If not, can another member mention it since if it has already been announced by me in the PPSJ forum?

Better yet, instead of the links/listings being presented by us in thread format (where older threads drop from sight) could there just be a screen that lists what PSers have for sale - kind of like the PS diamond database?
We could enter specs that people could sort by.

Can there be any discussion of the item for sale here on PS by potential buyers and the seller?
Can other members here, Trade and not Trade, comment positive or negative or give price suggestions on another member's sale item?

If a sale goes sour on either side can we mention that here?
. . . say Member A got ripped off by Member B.
Can Member A tell all here?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
kenny|1316720479|3023188 said:
So we need to list our item on another site, then we are permitted to post a link to the listing here on PS.

Does our post about our item have to be in the current thread format?
If it doesn't sell for a while sellers will want to bump up their thread to get new eyeballs.
Is that allowed?
How often?

Is it allowed to mention the item in RT, with a link to the thread on PPSJ, (Preloved PS Jewels Forum)?
What if a noob just happens to be looking for a 0.82 E VVS1 ACA and I have one for sale,,,can I mention that to the poster on RT?
If not, can another member mention it since if it has already been announced by me in the PPSJ forum?

Better yet, instead of the links/listings being presented by us in thread format (where older threads drop from sight) could there just be a screen that lists what PSers have for sale - kind of like the PS diamond database?
We could enter specs that people could sort by.

Can there be any discussion of the item for sale here on PS by potential buyers and the seller?
Can other members here, Trade and not Trade, comment positive or negative or give price suggestions on another member's sale item?

Kenny, I am not sure what you mean by current thread format. It should be in a similar format as my example, but does not need to be exact as I stated. You can bump to add new information but if it is abused we may change that, and we reserve the right to remove someones listings if they are abusing that. You should not bump just to bump.

You cannot post another link to this forum in RT. Others can point someone in RT toward this forum but you cannot promote your listings in other forums as we stated.

We can work on a database, but this is what we have for now. A database with sorting options would take a while, so please do not hold your breath as we have many other projects.

There can be discussion on the item within the thread where it is listed for sale just as with any other thread on PS. The same rules apply regarding vendor participation and negative comments. We reserve the right to remove posts just as with the other parts of the forum.

Just as with other areas, people are welcome to discuss their dealings, however we will not get involved and will remove threads if they evolve into fighting or namecalling as we always do.

It will evolve as we work out more details but we would like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and remain as non-restrictive as possible and then move towards being more restrictive only if necessary.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella...why not just have our own buy/sell forum here?.. :confused:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.

Can our post here include pics?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will give you $150 for it.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ok, so if someone listed a 0.9 ct H VS2 tiffany solitaire (for example) and if someone in RT was looking for a 0.9 ct H VS2 tiffany solitaire, someone who did not list the ring could recommend they take a look at this forum? but the person who listed it could not promote their own ring?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they have a "good guy" forum on watchnet where member say something like... Kenny is a good guy our transaction was smooth.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
kenny|1316721462|3023207 said:
Thanks.

Can our post here include pics?

Of course. :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1316722061|3023216 said:
they have a "good guy" forum on watchnet where member say something like... Kenny is a good guy our transaction was smooth.

Is there also a "bad guy" forum where someone can post that they got burned :angryfire: by Dancing Fire? :D

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
slg47|1316721845|3023215 said:
ok, so if someone listed a 0.9 ct H VS2 tiffany solitaire (for example) and if someone in RT was looking for a 0.9 ct H VS2 tiffany solitaire, someone who did not list the ring could recommend they take a look at this forum? but the person who listed it could not promote their own ring?

Correct. No self-promotion outside this for sale forum.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Dancing Fire|1316721433|3023205 said:
Ella...why not just have our own buy/sell forum here?.. :confused:

Right now it is too complicated to implement, but it is something we are seriously considering for the future if this trial goes well. :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1316722213|3023222 said:

Can we ONLY post the link and pics, or can we also describe and answer questions about our item here?

IOW, what I foresee happening is all the discussion necessary can take place here between seller and buyer(s) with input from the peanut gallery, but the actual transaction is only possible on the link since that is where the email address or phone number can appear.

BTW one thing I see happening, because of the visibility PS offers the world, is prices may settle to X% of new list.
If a bunch of transactions happen at 50% of new list that will become an expectation on the part of buyers.
If a bunch of transactions happen at 80% of new list that will become an expectation on the part of sellers.
Buyers may call up old examples of low prices and sellers may call up old examples of high prices.
This aspect will be interesting to watch since there is no such thing as a "correct" or "fair" price.
Sellers want high prices and buyers want low ones.

I remember ten years ago there was a piano forum where piano dealers got very unhappy when buyers posted the great deals they got on new pianos.
Customers started walking in in saying, "But I read on the Internet that buyer X just bought this piano for 38% below MSRP."
Prior to the Internet buyers had no such ammo.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
kenny|1316722755|3023236 said:
Ella|1316722213|3023222 said:

Can we ONLY post the link and pics, or can we also describe and answer questions about our item here?

IOW, what I foresee happening is all the discussion necessary can take place here between seller and buyer(s) with input from the peanut gallery, but the actual transaction is only possible on the link since that is where the email address or phone number can appear.

You can post a description, photos and have discussion about the item here.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1316722201|3023221 said:
Dancing Fire|1316722061|3023216 said:

Is there also a "bad guy" forum where someone can post that they got burned :angryfire: by Dancing Fire? :D
yes, i can say...Kenny is an A$$ () don't deal with him... :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that all depends on what buyers are in the market for. :naughty: :mrgreen:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LOL! :lol:

Kenny, aren't you going to post that diamond you have over on DB? I haven't looked in a while, but I remember it from a while back.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, let's say I have an item I want to sell. I post it here, with pics, but we can't share contact info here. So, we then have to direct people to another site where we CAN share personal contact info? Is that correct? I just want to make sure in case I ever want to buy/sell something in the future and I don't want to break any rules! :naughty: Thanks!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
yennyfire|1316732117|3023382 said:
So, let's say I have an item I want to sell. I post it here, with pics, but we can't share contact info here. So, we then have to direct people to another site where we CAN share personal contact info? Is that correct? I just want to make sure in case I ever want to buy/sell something in the future and I don't want to break any rules! :naughty: Thanks!

For now, yes. We will not take any responsibility for the transactions themselves and they must be completed off the forum.

We still are not allowing personal contact information to be posted on the forum as we would spend all day removing it for those who wanted to share and then decided later they wanted it removed. We already spend much time removing things. :))

We hope to have a private communication system again at some point, but we did not want to wait to have that in place to give you all a venue to post your jewelry. So this is our solution for now. :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1316721800|3023214 said:
I will give you $150 for it.

Will you accept a trade. I've got a nice Aurora band... I'll even sweeten the deal and add in all my unset (not that I have any set, come to think of it) colored stones. And... um... MERLIN???? He's worth something... somewhere... maybe???

I know! He'd make a great pair of slippers. And if he doesn't stop digging out the trash that's his future.

So do we have a deal? :bigsmile:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ella|1316732320|3023386 said:
yennyfire|1316732117|3023382 said:

For now, yes. We will not take any responsibility for the transactions themselves and they must be completed off the forum.

We still are not allowing personal contact information to be posted on the forum as we would spend all day removing it for those who wanted to share and then decided later they wanted it removed. We already spend much time removing things. :))

We hope to have a private communication system again at some point, but we did not want to wait to have that in place to give you all a venue to post your jewelry. So this is our solution for now. :))

Thanks Ella and MANY thanks for all of the hours of hard work I know you've put into all of this!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results