shape
carat
color
clarity

Etiquette Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I was just thinking about this. I know it''s a big no no to put the link to your wedding registry on your invitations but I was wondering what is the protocol about a link to the wedding website if you have lots of out of town guests? We do have a link to our registry on there which is why I was wondering...

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
I think (I''m not sure) that the "proper" way to disseminate the information is through your bridesmaids and friends.

The person throwing your bridal shower can include the info in the invite to the shower. I think the url can be presented if the site contains other pertinent information, along with registry information: driving directions, hotel room block info, pertinent addresses, etc.

People will naturally click through the rest of the site and they''ll see the registry info as well.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure whether it''s proper or not, but I plan to put my website address on the invite (it''s already on the save the dates). The majority of the guests are from out of town and I want to make it as easy as possible for them to get hotel and travel info. Plus, there''s no easy way for information to spread by word of mouth when everyone is so far away, so they would end up all asking me anyway.

So I think it''s up to you and whether you think it would be necessary for your group or not.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s fine to put the website on the invites and I think it''s fine to put a link to your registries on your website **in a discreet place**. You don''t want to make it front and center IMO.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Well yeah we have it for the ceremony and reception location, maps, things to do in the area, and all the different hotels and a few other things that would be helpful. I just think if its ok to put it on that the OOT guests would probably find it useful to have the address of it sent directly to them you know?

Structenggirl

Rough_Rock
I think as long as there''s other info on the page, that you are fine. We''re doing this - we have information about us, about the site, directions, etc and a little blurb about how we aren''t registered yadda yadda yadda.

Now if your insert said "come see our website for registry items" that would be bad. :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:58:28 PM
Author: Structenggirl
Now if your insert said ''come see our website for registry items'' that would be bad. :)

lol i certainly won''t do that, can you imagine seeing that on an invite though? haha

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:13:19 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles

Now if your insert said ''come see our website for registry items'' that would be bad. :)

lol i certainly won''t do that, can you imagine seeing that on an invite though? haha

Or, ya know, you could just take a red sharpie and write "Please make your checks payable to Smurfysmiles" maybe draw this little guy at the bottom:
22.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:25:28 PM
Author: Mediterranean
Date: 3/7/2009 2:13:19 PM

Author: Smurfysmiles

Or, ya know, you could just take a red sharpie and write ''Please make your checks payable to Smurfysmiles'' maybe draw this little guy at the bottom:

22.gif

haha i like that even better, maybe ill just forgo invitations altogether and just send a card with that on it haha

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is ok. I think you should have a a link that says "Registry" that goes to a new page, not something like "We are registered at XXXX" on the homepage. That way, it's their choice to click on it.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
We had an insert that had directions and "In case of rain" info and then at the bottom, it said "For additional wedding information, please go to www.ourweddingwebsite.com"

It was a little hidden, but there...I found that OOT relatives/guests a) like to bring cash because it travels better and b) will just ask your parents (so make sure they know where you''re registered!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results