shape
carat
color
clarity

Escape to the Country

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I am addicted to this show. It’s a UK version of House Hunters. They do segments on the local area and showcase the history and local flavor. It’s so calming during this time.
Any other fans out there?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me! I love the show and appreciate the bits of info given about the history of the places visited.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! It’s so relaxing and it always makes me wish I could move there lol.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I’m in the UK, we do watch it, although perversely, we like a lot of the US home shows.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also watch it. And then I get annoyed at how much house you can get for your money in other areas of the UK to where we are :D

But I REALLY love the part where they share the history of the area. It's fascinating!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not heard of this show but thank you @Piper70 for your recommendation and I am going to search for it and watch it. I love house shows.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've binged the show so much that I've found myself using a few common phrases such as "bang on". And, due to the other thread about tea and kettles, I always look for the kettle in the kitchens. And because I'm a PSer, I examine all the jewelry. I'm surprised that I've seen so many larger stones (at least by what we've been told is the tendency for smaller stones) in the rings of quite a few of the house hunters. By larger I mean in excess of 1 carat in both colored stones and diamonds.

One of the show's hosts, Nicki Chapman, has a lovely wide 3-stone band but she never keeps her hands still enough to get a really good look at it. How rude :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I cannot believe I’ve been watching this show and never thought to check out the jewelry! Aaagh!! Especially since most of the buyers have healthy budgets.
And I am also fascinated by the vernacular and the difference in pronunciation.

wildcatz

Rough_Rock
My husband and I love this show, it’s really lovely to watch. Alistair is our favorite host as he doesn’t push as do some of the others.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do I watch this? Is it on Netflix or Amazon Prime, or Apple TV? I don't have cable anymore.

Speaking of UK home shows, Grand Designs is amazing. It's about people building a dream home that's really unique and ambitious in some way, and usually architecturally significant.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How do I watch this? Is it on Netflix or Amazon Prime, or Apple TV? I don't have cable anymore.

Speaking of UK home shows, Grand Designs is amazing. It's about people building a dream home that's really unique and ambitious in some way, and usually architecturally significant.

Grand Designs is my favourite!

I have to admit that Escape to the Country doesn't hold my interest. I can't really figure out what the stakes are because the people just go and look at the properties and the show never reveals if they actually bid on any of them, successfully or otherwise.

wildcatz

Rough_Rock

There are a lot of episodes on YouTube. Also Britbox has some episodes.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
We watch it, along with the old Location Location Location.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results