shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement photos - what to wear

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I are doing engagement photos tomorrow. This is spur of the moment due to a friend helping us out and the weather being nice! Yikes! :errrr: I am trying to decide what to wear out of clothes I already own. For one of the outfits I'd like to wear a skirt I've only worn one or two times. It's patterned. I've read not to wear patterns for the photos as they can eventually look dated or out of style. Do you think this skirt is ok for engagement photos?

express_skirt_0527_400_0.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I wore a pattern for my engagement photos, and I don't think it will look dated at all!

I think the pattern on that skirt will be just fine...it's graphic and will really pop in the B&W shots. If you're worried about your pictures looking dated, I'd worry more about the shoes. A classic pump or sandal will look much more timeless than a gladiator sandal like she's wearing in the picture.

ETA: You can see the dress I wore here. I think it looks great in the pictures and quite classic, actually.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Since the pattern is on a skirt and not a top, I think it will look great. I would maybe send a picture to your photographer and see what they say. I know some prints are hard to photograph, and can end up looking funky in pictures. I have absolutely no idea or expertise to know if this print is one of them.

I hope you post your pictures after the shoot! That skirt is adorable.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I let FI pick between that one and plain white. He picked white haha. ;))

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think it's fine to wear whatever you want! Engagement photos are supposed to express your personality and sense of style. Since I live in jeans, that's what I wore.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't wear that pattern for all the shoot. Can you wear it for a while and then switch to something else? That way if it looks great... you got it! And if it doesn't... you've got a backup.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1318386479|3038269 said:
I wouldn't wear that pattern for all the shoot. Can you wear it for a while and then switch to something else? That way if it looks great... you got it! And if it doesn't... you've got a backup.

FI ended up picking a plain white skirt over the one I posted. We had our friend do the pics and the shoot wasn't very long. We didn't do an outfit change. I am still waiting to see them though as he shot film, so hopefully they turned out good :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results