shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged and Underage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
We just found this show on MTV. I don''t know how long it''s been on or anything, but I find it interesting. Seems like the couples either have total support, or none. Odd how that happens.

Anyone else seen the show? I wonder how they come up with these ideas for TV shows.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen one episode. The girl seemed soooo immature to me.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Haha, Robbie. The one we just watched had the couple in a full-out shouting match the night before the wedding, with them both referring to their WEDDING as, "the bleep bleep bleeping wedding." I was like, "oh my goodness! How can people refer to something intended to be LIFELONG like THAT, the day before they go through it?"

I know Paul and I were both a little overwhelmed and kind of emotional there RIGHT before the wedding, when it all sets in that this is FOR REAL, for LIFE, and all that, but oh my flipping goodness, we''d never cuss about something so special!

They made up, though, and went through with it afterall, even though he busted his knuckles the night before from being so upset over their argument. I hope their days are far less dramatic than that one was!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that show is scary. I really, really, really try to be nonjudgemental but some of them are *so* young. I just don''t understand what the hurry is.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I went to the website and watched the other two episodes I hadn''t seen. So far, all of them have been waiting for marriage to have sex. I''m guessing that''s a big reason they want to get married.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Well, that''s definitely a great reason to get married...
20.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 6:49:08 PM
Author: anchor31
Well, that''s definitely a great reason to get married...
20.gif
While this is a very admirable thing (which I did as well, ) I would also hope that it comes with the understanding that all things come in good time, and that one should take their time, grow, and mature before going out in the world to start their own family.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I definitely agree with marrying *J*U*S*T* to have sex being a horrible idea. However, waiting is so TOTALLY worth it(!!!!), and I think anyone who sets their mind to it can wait, and even if I''d met Paul at 17, I wouldn''t have been ready to marry him right away. It''s not a matter of maturity to me as much as it is just learning about YOU, who you are, what you want in life, and experiencing a bit of life apart from being a child before you go into the role of a wife. Particularly when you enter into marriage seeing divorce as NO option.

I wish each couple who marries well, but I do think later in life, I''d regret having the day before I wed being broadcast to the world, with me cursing out the man I was planning on commiting to for life the next day. Aye!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I have a friend who could totally have been on that show 5 years ago. She married at 18 or 19. Her husband was a guy she had met through the internet intially, but they knew eachother in person for maybe 2 years before they got married. Everyone thought it was a horrible idea, but she is still married to him today, and they have a baby. They seem to be doing fine.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I've watched it and WOW!!!!
6.gif
The couples on the show are so incredibly immature! The first epy I felt like the relationship the guy had with his Mom was way too freakish for me! Major red flags were in all the epys I've seen so far.

The title doesn't really make sense to me though. Engaged and Underage = under 21, IMO. In the first epy they were both 21.
33.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 3:43:25 PM
Author: robbie3982
I''ve seen one episode. The girl seemed soooo immature to me.
Same here! Once was enough!

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Yeah - The first one with the mom really creeped me out too - The way she was looking out the window trying to see in their little backyard house thingy and asking to see the bed they were going to spend their wedding night in... Way too weird for my taste... Not that I think everyone who gets married young is making a bad decision, it was just that the people in the show especially do seem to be extremely immature - I guess next we''ll see divorced and underage...

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
WOW! This show is crazy. My younger sister got married at 19, so I can completely see how Chantal and Jacob acted. They are more realistic and down to reality... However, Lauren & David were completely not with it. For one, HELLO is mom can''t let go! This is crazy!

I''m sorry, but if my boyfriend and his mom were like that, even if we were engaged, we would have to have a serious conversation and I mean serious! It was like David had no clue what on earth was happening... He was completely ditzy.

Okay, there was my "girl" moment.
1.gif

laru0283

Rough_Rock
I refuse to watch MTV anymore because of shows like this! I think when they started showing My Super Sweet 16 is when I started completely skipping over MTV.
20.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 11:39:24 PM
Author: laru0283
I refuse to watch MTV anymore because of shows like this! I think when they started showing My Super Sweet 16 is when I started completely skipping over MTV.

20.gif
I have to say, though, My Super Sweet 16 is freakin hilarious! Whenever I flip through it on TV, my jaw is just hanging open watching those girls. Unbelievable!

I haven't seen Engaged & Underage yet. Sounds like another one of those guilty reality TV pleasures
20.gif

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
i have not seen the show but have heard of it. my daughter''s in college but there''s an old acquaintance who''s a senior in high school(she''s 18 already) and she got engaged at christmas and is getting married dec, 07. her fiance is in college and is a year ahead of her. what i can''t understand is how her own MOM is sooo supportive, excited. she has a webpage talking about how grandma is paying for a cozumel honeymoon cruise for them(not even old enough to have a cocktail) i got married at 23, had my first child 14 months later, will see 20 years in april. marriage is HARD work, lots of stress, lots of sacrifice. the wedding part of it is VERY exciting and wonderful, but the day after, well, you have to face every day issues. i don''t understand why young people rush this. if i had to do it again, i''d wait till late 20''s! not meant to offend if you are particularly young, i just know what i know now in my 40''s and wanted to respond.
these reality shows are very entertaining, though, aren''t they???
emsmilep.gif

laru0283

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 11:47:23 PM
Author: musey

20.gif
I have to say, though, My Super Sweet 16 is freakin hilarious! Whenever I flip through it on TV, my jaw is just hanging open watching those girls. Unbelievable!

I haven''t seen Engaged & Underage yet. Sounds like another one of those guilty reality TV pleasures
20.gif
I agree, they can be humorous... especially watching the teenage drama that ensues. Makes me wonder, "was I that bad in HS?"

surely not... ha!
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 5:45:20 PM

20.gif

I haven''t seen Engaged & Underage yet. Sounds like another one of those guilty reality TV pleasures
20.gif
I agree, they can be humorous... especially watching the teenage drama that ensues. Makes me wonder, ''was I that bad in HS?''

surely not... ha!
9.gif
Yeah, Paul and I were discussing that, too. "Were *we* like that back in the day?" My ten year reunion is coming up, and I would like to think I wasn''t too much of a fool just a decade ago! I guess it depends on who you ask.
20.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock

I love My Super Sweet Sixteen. In an odd way it makes me feel appreciative of my own life. Plus I imagine it gets pretty exhausting being SO materialistic all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results