shape
carat
color
clarity

editing posts?

CrazyMaybe

Rough_Rock
How do I edit posts? I used to be able to edit them. What happened?

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
The window to edit is very short....after a certain amount of time the 'edit' button disappears.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The time window during which you are allowed to edit is 45 minutes.

If you edit it after someone responds the counter at the bottom of your post keeps track of how many times you edited after someone responded.
If you edit before anyone responds the counter does not appear.

You could edit a zillion times within 45 minutes and if nobody responds during that window the counter will not reveal the extent of your heinous crime.

I know this because I probably edit more than anyone else here. :???:
I only edit for clarity spelling and grammar, not to make anyone who responded to me look bad.

I believe you cannot delete your post if someone has responded to it.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1305160774|2919168 said:
The time window during which you are allowed to edit is 45 minutes.

If you edit it after someone responds the counter at the bottom of your post keeps track of how many times you edited after someone responded.
If you edit before anyone responds the counter does not appear.

You could edit a zillion times within 45 minutes and if nobody responds during that window the counter will not reveal the extent of your heinous crime.

I know this because I probably edit more than anyone else here. :???:

I believe you cannot delete your post if someone has responded to it.

Oh, thank you kenny...I had wondered why sometimes it shows that I edited to fix my awful grammar and other times it doesn't. I hate when I have been quoted and there is a misspelled word or bad grammar...it makes me cringe when I read it .

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Wait, people edit to make others look bad?? What??? :errrr: :nono: How lame!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lbbaber|1305161231|2919183 said:

It is possible.
Some people are slime ball jerks and get into arguments and they DO have the ability to go back and change what they wrote (less than 45 minutes ago) to try to make themselves look good or advance their side of a competitive conversation.

I often have gotten into it with people here who are quick to mention that I edited. . . as if that wins them points because if I edited of course I must have edited to deceive or win. Oye!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well...as far as I know, people only edit to make Dancing Fire look bad. At least that's the custom.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

People do that??? I only edit grammar and misspellings, but I usually miss a bunch!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1305211151|2919624 said:

People do that??? I only edit grammar and misspellings, but I usually miss a bunch!

I had no idea. I edit frequently myself bc I am usually typing with my baby in my lap and I make lots of mistakes. Now I wonder if people think I do this 'evil editing'!?! I hope not.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
What I hate about editing is this - you have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to correct/change wording/fix spelling BEFORE you hit "Submit." So why, then, do you doubt yourself after you press that Crazy Blue Button and go back to edit your entire post, when you realize you said something incredibly rude? If you typed it the first time, then you MEANT IT. You only go back and edit a post that says something offensive when your guilt kicks in.

Have some cajones, and stand by your original opinion, I say.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think editing is like photoshopping.
They can both be used for good and bad.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
MonkeyPie|1305216868|2919714 said:
What I hate about editing is this - you have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to correct/change wording/fix spelling BEFORE you hit "Submit." So why, then, do you doubt yourself after you press that Crazy Blue Button and go back to edit your entire post, when you realize you said something incredibly rude? If you typed it the first time, then you MEANT IT. You only go back and edit a post that says something offensive when your guilt kicks in.

Are you referring to editing for grammar/spelling mistakes or editing to change opinions? I have edited numerous times for the former but NEVER the latter. If I am typing with my baby in my lap or from my phone, I don't always notice mistakes until later--even with all the time in the world. I would like to think the majority of people who edit here do so for honest reasons.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1305227202|2919904 said:

Are you referring to editing for grammar/spelling mistakes or editing to change opinions? I have edited numerous times for the former but NEVER the latter. If I am typing with my baby in my lap or from my phone, I don't always notice mistakes until later--even with all the time in the world. I would like to think the majority of people who edit here do so for honest reasons.

To change opinions. I have a one year old, so I probably have a billion mistakes, and sometimes I do fix them! I hate when someone changes their entire post because they just realized they sound like an asshat.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
MonkeyPie|1305227438|2919907 said:
lbbaber|1305227202|2919904 said:

To change opinions. I have a one year old, so I probably have a billion mistakes, and sometimes I do fix them! I hate when someone changes their entire post because they just realized they sound like an asshat.

Well now I understand why everyone writes WHY they edited! I recently started doing it myself too- although I had no clue why I was telling people that I misspelled a word!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1305161666|2919193 said:

Well...as far as I know, people only edit to make Dancing Fire look bad. At least that's the custom.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
:lol: :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results