shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust request for my dear old dad, pretty please?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dad is nearly 62, and apart from having his gallbladder removed due to painful gallstones, he has always been as fit as a trout. Growing up, I think my brothers and I just figured he was big, strong and immortal, that he'll just live forever ::)

Recently he discovered he has atrial fibrillation, which in itself is no big deal, he has started taking asprin (and also blood pressure medication). Within the last week he has had some mild chest pain on the left side, and his doctor suggested he have a stress test to rule out anything sinister, and he put it down most likely to a muscle strain. Dad has the stress test today, and to everyone's surprise it revealed stenosis of one or some of his coronary vessels. He is having an angiogram tomorrow, and worst case scenario is that he has high grade occlusion(s) and will require coronary bypass surgery reasonably soon. We're hopeful, though, that at worst he has a mild narrowing that can be treated with a stent during the angiogram.

So, being the big believer in the power of PS dust that I am, may I please ask if you could all spare some for my daddy?
Thankyou! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
DandiAndi

Sending you, your lovely Daddy and all of your loved ones love and dust by the bucket load!!!

I will keep thoughts of you all, close to my heart.

Susan xxx

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of dust coming your way......

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
More dust here.

I must say though, this is the best way to detect that a stent/bypass is needed. Typically only during cardiac arrests are blockages discovered, so I am glad for you that you found out in a much less dangerous way. Very much like my own dad. He's fine now. Best wishes.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Sending your Dad lots of positive thoughts and to you and your family too!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Dust to you and your dad!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Dust and prayers!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Daddy dust coming your way!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Sending you and your dad tons of dust! Glad it was caught before anything bad happened and hopefully a stent will be all that is needed and some meds. Let us know how he makes out...hugs...

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
lots and lots of dust coming your way xo

I agree... Dads tend to seem immortal :)

Lots of dust your way!!!!!!!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Sprinkle, sprinkle, sprinkle!

Wishing your dad a smooth recovery. :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust for dad...the good news is they have caught whatever it is before anything major happened!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust going out for your Dad and your family, hope everything turns out ok!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dust, dust, dust, Andi!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Dust for Andi's pops. :) Hope all goes well.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DA

lots of dust for your dad.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Lots of PS dust for your middle -aged dad!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sending dust your Dad's way and hope that the issue is as slight as possible and easily resolved!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
diamond dust and prayers coming your dads way!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Sooooooooo much dust to your Dad!!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boatloads of dust to your dad, DA. My screen name is all about my dad--he was 64 when he was finally diagnosed with cancer (probably 62, your daddy's age) when he first started experiencing symptoms. Almost 7 years later he is still with us and doing great. I'm glad your dad went to the doctor and is doing something about his health now. Everything will be fine. Take care.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Dust to you and your dad, Andi!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AWW!! Can ya feel the love?! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Thankyou everyone, your fantastic dust worked! Dad had his angiogram this morning, and he has absolutely no stenosis of any of his coronary vessels! Yippee!!! I had a chat to the cardiologist who is also a collegue of mine, and he feels that perhaps the stress test showed a false positive. Either way, he is resting at home and returning to work on Monday - fit as a fiddle! Everyone at work was really kind and wishing me well today (I'm a nurse and work between an operating theatre and a cardiac cath lab, sometimes ignorance is bliss, as they say! ::)) so we felt surrounded by love and great vibes all day!
Thanks so, so much again to all of you lovelies, much much appreciated! I couldn't have asked for a better outcome!! :appl: :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
DandiAndi|1311346852|2974559 said:

Thankyou everyone, your fantastic dust worked! Dad had his angiogram this morning, and he has absolutely no stenosis of any of his coronary vessels! Yippee!!! I had a chat to the cardiologist who is also a collegue of mine, and he feels that perhaps the stress test showed a false positive. Either way, he is resting at home and returning to work on Monday - fit as a fiddle! Everyone at work was really kind and wishing me well today (I'm a nurse and work between an operating theatre and a cardiac cath lab, sometimes ignorance is bliss, as they say! ::)) so we felt surrounded by love and great vibes all day!
Thanks so, so much again to all of you lovelies, much much appreciated! I couldn't have asked for a better outcome!! :appl: :appl:

Glad to hear this! Thanks for the update.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry that I missed sending dust (and prayers) for your Dad Andi, but I'm awfully glad he's OK!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

I am, like all my fellow PS'ers delighted to here that news. :appl:

Give your lovely daddy a big hug and a kiss from us all!!! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Healing vibes his way!

cheers--Sharon

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Dandi! So glad to hear that your dad got great news ::)

I'm going to cath lab on Tues. for clinical, I'll think of you :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results