shape
carat
color
clarity

Don't know how to ask and keep it secret.

daskeg

Rough_Rock
Been scoping this section of the forum for quite a while now, hoping to get some inspiration from someone. While most of the people on here have fantastic ideas I need to find something subtle.

My whole plan has been for this to be a big surprise as my SO is certain in her mind that we/I can't afford to be buying e-rings right now. So as soon as I do something out of the ordinary it will give her a clue that something is up.

I'm sure you can do many things that will surprise her, but anything fancy, like a balloon ride, a fancy dinner, a day trip, etc will give it away. The only thing I can come up with that will give me an excuse to take her somewhere is that I'm a hobbyist photographer, but don't really know how I can use that to my advantage.

So im not really sure why I'm writing this... Maybe someone will be able to share an experience they've had or heard of where the proposal was very secretive and a complete shock when the action question was being popped.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
How about this one, if you do a bricks and mortar store for your ring, ask them if you can do the following: have you and your girlfriend do the proposal and photos there. Tell the gf you got a paid photography gig shooting a couple selecting rings and that she gets a couple extra bucks as a model?

daskeg

Rough_Rock
Cool idea, but the extend of my photography wouldn't go that far and she would catch on pretty quick.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are some of the activities you two enjoy doing together? Do you like going to the Botanical Gardens? Do you enjoy parks? You could plan a day around an activity the 2 of you would normally enjoy doing so she would have no clue and then surprise her.

My dh did just that. He waited till it was snowing (held onto the ring for a while LOL for just that perfect snow day) and then suggested we take a walk in the park and it was around dusk (same as our very first date- walk in the park just before and during dusk) and then during the walk (I had not a clue that he was going to propose) he dropped to one knee and proposed in the most romantic way. So, he took a lovely but ordinary event the 2 of us often shared and made it even more special. Not sure that helps you but I hope it does give you some ideas! Good luck and best wishes for a happy and healthy future together!!!

UndercoversLover

Rough_Rock
I actually gave my fiance a way to keep the engagement secret that may work for you as well. I had gifted him with a nice camera for Christmas and he made the excuse of wanting to go on a hike to a waterfall so he could play with the camera taking pretty nature shots. Little did I know that when he set the camera up to take a picture of both of us that he was going to propose! He was able to get the proposal on video and had reservations at a nice restaurant downtown for after our hike. I would have totally known if he tried something too much more elaborate than that! Perhaps there is a great site that you would enjoy photographing and you can convince her to come with/help you? Then make the ritzier plans for after the proposal but don't tell her about them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results