shape
carat
color
clarity

does your hubby/bf talk in their sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think I''ve done it in years... but the last time I slept walked/ talked I was staying at a friends house and we were watching the movie Titanic. I fell asleep about half way through. During the end of the movie, I got up from the couch, walked to the door and was yelling at my friend telling her that she needed to get up because the ship was sinking! haha. She said I was dead serious and almost histeric because I was so adament about us getting off of the ship in time before it sank.

The BF talks in his sleep sometimes... If I ask him a question he will start to answer back with something completely random and end up waking himself up. I kind of love it. I think it''s really funny when he talks in his sleep, because I can tell he is a little embarassed when he wakes himself up because he gives an excuse, like his pillow was turned the wrong way, or something weird. He never remembers...

RLG

Shiny_Rock
He does every now and then and it is usually about work (he is in medicine). Nothing is funnier than hearing about the labor progression of some lady giving birth from someone who is totally out of it. The best part is that if you ask him questions about patients he will totally answer them. Poor guy needs more sleep.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
SO does this fairly frequently. He is always talking about work and usually thinks I am a co-worker, so he gives me orders or explains a change of plans or something. The man needs more sleep!
38.gif
I usually just start telling him that he is not at work, and I don''t know what he''s talking about, and he snaps out of it, or more frequently now, I just ignore him. He is VERY difficult to wake up, so I usually just avoid him when he is sleeping.

He''s never mentioned me talking in my sleep. I did ask him recently and he said no.

I think it''s cute when I am not confused by it.
1.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
He sometimes says a few words,, But I can never understand what is he saying
3.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, and it''s hilarious!

The latest (just a couple nights ago) was him frantically saying at 2 am, "The trunk. THE TRUNK! Did you close the trunk?"

If I''m laughing at him in the morning, he starts off the day with, "Okay, what did I say this time?"
3.gif

anyname

Shiny_Rock
hmm...he doesn''t talk, but he snores! And whimpers and moans...i think i would rather him talk. I''ve talked in my sleep once and i woke myself up talking.

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Actual conversation between me (awake) and XBF (asleep):

Him: (mumbling)
Me: What are you doing?
Him: (sounded like "eating")
Me: Eating?
Him: No, reading!
Me: oh okay. What are you reading?
Him: Toothpaste tubes
Me: Why are you reading toothpaste tubes?
Him: Because their eyes are tired.

Another night - completely out of the blue:

Him, bolting upright: I can''t find the red tool bag!!
Me: Oh no! What do you need?
Him: the hose and the sawhorse
Me: Wait, in the little red tool bag?
Him: Yep, the old red tool bag. (said in a strong Southern drawl - he grew up in NY)

Good thing I''m a light sleeper and can pick up on those type of conversations or I wouldn''t have remembered such crazy stuff!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, my DH talks in his sleep once in awhile too. It is always work related though.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 12:35:59 PM
Author: Aloros
Yes he does! It''s very funny because he says the most incoherent things. If I''m feeling mischievous, I''ll start trying to hold a conversation with him with my own incoherent replies. Sometimes he halfway wakes up and catches on to this. It makes me laugh so hard!
9.gif
I do the same thing with my fiance! He gets so mad!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
He doesn''t (as far as I know) but I do, quite frequently. I just asked what the funniest thing I''ve said is and he said "Patchu." Apperantly I say this quite frequently, and I say it as though it means something but clearly it does not.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
DH and I are both pretty heavy sleepers, and both talk in our sleep, but never anything meaningful or intelligent that the other person can comprehend/remember in the morning. With the exception of -

Our favorite "talking in sleep" story was actually in the morning - my alarm clock went off, and DH said "Honey, tell your alarm to be quiet." Since I was still asleep, I rolled over toward the alarm, without opening my eyes, put my finger to my mouth and said "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" and rolled back toward DH. His laughter woke me up very quickly.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sometimes... but it''s always in sleepy Italian, so I don''t understand.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
4/14/2009 2:17:54 PM
Author: Miscka

My cousin does ALL THE TIME. On night, she and her hubby were in bed, she was asleep and he was watching TV. She said to him
'I would never leave you for him'
He, knowing this would be good, prodded her to say more.
'He keeps touching all the sandwiches'

It took him a second to realize there was a subway commercial on, with Jared in it! Haha, now we all tease her about leaving her DH for Jared.

Like so many other posters, I talk a lot in my sleep. Apparently I deliver speeches with excellent vocabulary words ;-). The story above reminded me of a recent dream. I woke up my husband by announcing vehemently that I had been married before. He asked if I was planning to remarry. I half woke up and explained that I was going to marry President Lincoln. He asked if Lincoln was president. I said that I didn't know, but either he was going to be president in the future or he was president. There was a horse and buggy in my dream and Lincoln had an Aunt Agnes (not my Aunt Agnes, although I had a Great Aunt Agnes) and there was also something called a thrackleberry bush. What had gotten me all worked up was that people were attempting to push me around as if I were a new bride because I was about to marry Lincoln. (No doubt giving me advice about thrackleberry bushes and whatnot.) So, to put a stop to their interference, I announced (quite loudly and forcefully) that I had been married before! (In other words, I wasn't new to this marriage thing and I didn't need to be pushed around!) I was so loud and forceful that I broke out of my sleep and woke up my husband....

After hearing my explanation and that my new husband was to be President Lincoln, my husband said, "Well, in that case, it's all right". Or he may have said, "Then you get a pass." ;-)

AGBF
34.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
He snores, I mumble.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I consider his snoring another language since its very animated.

So my answer is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results