shape
carat
color
clarity

does anyone watch TV through their ring?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
So I'm currently studying for the Bar, which means watching lots of very boring videos on my laptop. At some point I was looking really closely at my ring when I noticed that I could see the screen through it! A perfectly clear color screen, just in miniature. Let me tell you, watching the video became (somewhat) more entertaining!

It suppose it makes sense, given that there is all sorts of light and stuff bouncing around in there (don't you like my technical term?), but I was still totally amazed! I tried to take a picture, but this was the best I could do.

Am I the only weirdo who does this?

IMG00393-20110201-0042.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That CAN'T be good for your eyes!!!! LOL! Nah, never done that, but I'm sure I'll try it now that you've suggested it!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Princess Leia you're our only hope. :lol:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
At sea the Vikings navigated by the sun -- and looked at it through the clear part of iolites so as not to damage their eyes.

--- Laurie

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lol, this is too funny! I do sometimes catch reflections in my ring and watch it for a few minutes. I can stand backward and still see the tv, which makes me giggle. DH thinks i'm silly....

purselover

Ideal_Rock
That is pretty awesome! ***off to test this out***

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1296564252|2839180 said:
At sea the Vikings navigated by the sun -- and looked at it through the clear part of iolites so as not to damage their eyes.

--- Laurie

Laurie, that's fascinating!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Which subject are you on? Commercial paper or something equally mind-numbing? :bigsmile:

I do sometimes marvel at the clear reflections I can see on the table...

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
That is awesome! LOL so funny. No I haven't watched tv through my ring. My diamond is .57 so it would require a ton of squinting for a small viewing area :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really cool.

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Woah... I can't BELIEVE that after all the time I've spent staring at my sparkly, I've never tried this...

Thanks for sharing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not till now. :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
are you guys looking through the girdle? all I get from that is a headache! (now, maybe if I had a REALLY large diamond...)

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1296710387|2841609 said:
are you guys looking through the girdle? all I get from that is a headache! (now, maybe if I had a REALLY large diamond...)
I can get images through either the table or the girdle. Who knows, maybe it's a sign that my stone is cut really poorly! :lol:

(and TheBigT - I somehow made it through commercial paper...but that 3 hour video took two days to get through. I'm so failing.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results