shape
carat
color
clarity

Doc apt / PT update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Xrays looked good everything is in place and no fluid build up which they were worried about with the pain iv been having.
Generaly said take vicodin every 4 hours for the next 3-4 days and hammer on the arm with stretching exercises but dont stretch or tear the tendon and see what happens.

Pt went ok did ultrasound threatement on the tendon that was repaired and got some info on what to do and not too do.
Not a lot of stuff I can do so just going to do a lot of it.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Sorry you are having such a hard time Storm, but at least your xrays were clear and you know what kind of exercises it is safe to do. Good luck with your therapy!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad your xrays were clear, I know it''s been a very rough road.
15.gif
But hang in there, things will continue to improve. There will be light at the end of the tunnel, you can''t see it now, but it''s there....
2.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Storm if xrays are ok that is good news.Just keep the spirits up and continue with pt it will put you on the right track.It will take some time so hang in there..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 5:30:04 PM
Author:strmrdr
Pt went ok did ultrasound threatement on the tendon that was repaired and got some info on what to do and not too do.
Not a lot of stuff I can do so just going to do a lot of it.
You better not!!! Don''t strain that elbow! Just keep at that PT.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, thanks for the update. Sounds like you''re doing great! When will you be ready to go bowling with that arm?
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm,
That is wonderful news; hip hip hooray!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All healing takes time and patience. Glad things are going well so far. Hang in there!!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 6:28:40 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''m glad your xrays were clear, I know it''s been a very rough road.
15.gif
But hang in there, things will continue to improve. There will be light at the end of the tunnel, you can''t see it now, but it''s there....
2.gif
Kaleigh - wanna move up here with me? I need a pep talker constantly beside me lately...hugs :}

Come on Hon - keep that cute chin up ;} Let''s keep searchin for that light!!! :}
lumbtd! :}

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone, have been working it.
It woke me up and am waiting for the meds to kick in before going back to bed so I thought id pop in here.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 7:52:50 AM
Author: strmrdr
thanks everyone, have been working it.
It woke me up and am waiting for the meds to kick in before going back to bed so I thought id pop in here.
Oh Hon, sorry it woke you up...hope you get some more sleep...ptcou4m...hugs honey, hope you feel better when you wake up :} hnk :}

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Storm, I am sorry you are having so much pain. It has been quite a while since your surgery and it sounds like the pain is pretty bad if it is waking you up which is a bit concerning. Did they say you had no fluid due to the xray, or did they actually physically examine the elbow and stick a needle in it to see? Do you have an upcoming appointment with your ortho that performed the surgery? If you don''t it would be a good idea to get one asap.

Poor wifey2b - she has been through the wringer on this one too! I know she felt so bad when she couldn''t be with you for the original surgery. I hope you guys can be together soon!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no. I am sorry; I hope it gets better for you.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 8:20:50 PM
Author: :)
Storm, I am sorry you are having so much pain. It has been quite a while since your surgery and it sounds like the pain is pretty bad if it is waking you up which is a bit concerning. Did they say you had no fluid due to the xray, or did they actually physically examine the elbow and stick a needle in it to see? Do you have an upcoming appointment with your ortho that performed the surgery? If you don''t it would be a good idea to get one asap.

Poor wifey2b - she has been through the wringer on this one too! I know she felt so bad when she couldn''t be with you for the original surgery. I hope you guys can be together soon!
It was the doc who performed the surgery who I saw.
Just did the xrays and said he didnt see any fluid build up.
seemed rather perplexed why I still had limited range of motion with it.
He said the type of tendon repair he did can cause the pain this long and that isnt that unusual.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, as long as you have seen him. Fluid does not always show up on xray (xrays are good for bony structures, not quite as good for soft tissues/tendons/muscles/fluid but can sometimes give you a general idea) - that is why I was asking - I wanted to make sure you weren''t getting blown off by someone!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Keep your chin up Storm and don''t get discouraged. Recovering from surgery is a long slow process. Hang in there!
1.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you''re feeling better Storm!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 9:10:31 PM
Author: :)
Okay, as long as you have seen him. Fluid does not always show up on xray (xrays are good for bony structures, not quite as good for soft tissues/tendons/muscles/fluid but can sometimes give you a general idea) - that is why I was asking - I wanted to make sure you weren''t getting blown off by someone!
I appreciate it thanks for asking :}

I wondered too how much it would show up on xrays but my doc is pretty good so left it at that.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!
will keep ya updated!

Swelling was up today so been laying off the exercises.
My PT says to do what I think is right because she usually agrees with my decisions.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 9:45:22 PM
Author: strmrdr
Thanks everyone!
will keep ya updated!

Swelling was up today so been laying off the exercises.
My PT says to do what I think is right because she usually agrees with my decisions.
Honey, are you saying that I am not the only one learning to say, "yes, Dear" giggle
9.gif

Smart lady....giggle
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another PT session today pretty much more of the same.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
aaaah, sorry. Try to keep the faith. We a praying for a speedy recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results