shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Twitter?

Who do you follow and who is your favoirites??

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard so much about it but haven''t signed up myself. Is it any good?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I just started... not sure yet. I was wondering how others felt about it...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t get the point of it??

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I tweet and I hate doing it. I get why people do it. I signed up because of my job and it was mandatory, I work in pr and marketing for social media. It is kind of silly and annoying, especially if you follow a news outlet. Your feed is constantly being clogged by them.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you have to do? Just keep updating with what you''re doing at the current time?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I do, but almost all of the people I follow/my followers are foodbloggers, and my tweets are about cooking. I have a couple of friends on my list, and I follow Lance Armstrong just for fun, but that''s pretty much it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe I am showing my age but I feel too plugged in already; I do like fb and email. I don't want to know what my family or close friends, or famous people are doing at any given moment. Maybe a little too suffocating for me, so I don't do it (or maybe I don't understand it). For others I can see it would be fun or good way to stay plugged in with friends.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 11:22:00 AM
Author: Kaleigh

That makes two of us.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I find Twitter, FaceBook, MySpace just has TMI.
I am amazed at what people text about, post pictures of and in general share with each other.

Besides, if I already know everything on a minute-by-mintute, day-by-day basis, then what is there left to talk about and catch-up on when I DO see my friends and family in person?

I prefer a nice chat, face-to-face, over a good cup of coffee to catch up. Even a phone conversation seems more enjoyable and personable than just reading a bunch of text messages.

But, I fear that I am showing my age and am not as "in step" with my environment as I should be. My kids (young adults) spend an inordinate amount of time twittering and posting on Face Book. That is how they socialize with their friends. It''s their main method of communication. I guess with everyone being so busy, it''s become the best way to stay connected to each other.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 11:08:46 AM
Author: bee*

Ditto - I feel so old that I don''t really understand what it is!
20.gif
3.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 1:36:11 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Date: 4/18/2009 11:08:46 AM

Author: bee*

Ditto - I feel so old that I don''t really understand what it is!
20.gif
3.gif

me too! Although when I went back to college they were all on bebo and myspace and I didn''t have a clue what they were either. Spot the mature student
3.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I actually have two Twitter accounts.

One is personal, and it''s mostly friends and family. It''s nice to have brief little updates during the day to see what they''re up to. Our tweets are mostly silly. I also follow a couple of newspapers from my hometown, a local weather blog, and Metro (to get news about service disruptions).

The second account is for work. I follow some colleagues and academics who do work that my agency supports. At lot of them livetweet from conferences, which is quite interesting.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I signed up for it b/c one of the sellers on Etsy that I like has updates on there..but I didn''t really understand it, and haven''t been on it in almost a year. I recently got an email that some random person is "following me", and then an email that a friend of mine is as well..she sent me a note on FB asking what we''re supposed to do on Twitter..I''m like heck if I know!! I can''t keep up w/all that stuff. I''ve got about 130 invitations and things sent to me on FB to go thru..I spend all my time here looking at pretties.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock

Ditto.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well I signed up because I saw it on Oprah. But I don''t really understand the Tweets. I feel like most of them are private jokes? And I''m kind of left out of the loop. Or maybe things being tweet are said in a particular context, and so I just don''t get it.

And I definitely don''t tweet. My life is not nearly intresting enough for that. And who would care about my one-two line thought of the moment.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Ditto.

I have two profile pages on websites that shall not be mentioned on PS. I get plenty of status updates from friends there. I can''t imagine getting any more. And from what I understand, you also get texts from them right??

But if Marc Anthony tweets, I may just sign p
4.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I twitter. I''m not obsessed with it like Joel Madden - who I follow, and tweets a RIDICULOUS amount, and is pretty darn funny - but I do it sometimes. Mostly I follow celebs and Etsy sellers, though.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Looks like WF has a twitter account. They haven''t posted anything yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results