shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you want the US Supreme Court to uphold Roe v Wade?

Do you want the US Supreme Court to uphold Roe v Wade?

• Yes

Votes: 43 87.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Orange One appointed three conservative SC justices, so now cons have a 6 to 3 majority.

This link has a 4-minute audio summary.

Last edited:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure I fully understand the history of this one but guess I'll say I'm pro-choice so does that equal upholding it? :confused:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. 100% Yes.

Keep abortion safe and legal!!!

How the he** can abortion be banned faster than assault weapons? What a f*** up world we live in. :angryfire:

keepabortionlegal.jpg

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I don’t know how it could possibly be overturned. I keep hearing Republicans saying my body, my choice in reference to the vaccine so I guess they finally are Pro Choice!! Otherwise, they would be hypocrites.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Otherwise, they would be hypocrites.

All politicians are hypocrites unfortunately. :/
Never say never and there are no guarantees.
Nothing would surprise me.
We need to be ever vigilant to uphold our rights.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

of course.! I really would regard it as a tragedy if it was overturned. My blood would boil. I might go bananas. I might become as unhinged as they are.

Annette

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course I support Roe v Wade. So do most people. Unfortunately the current conservative SCOTUS, with its little band of proudly originalist members is not representative of our desires as a population. While decrying a more liberal court's actions as legislation from the bench, conservatives are now encouraging the SCOTUS ... to legislate from the bench.

It would be very interesting to dig around in the sordid pasts of all these anti-Roe types and find out that they or their girlfriends had an abortion. I'm pretty confident something like that is out there, but "conservatives" being hypocritical is old news.

My body, my choice.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Please uphold protection of a women's right to choose. Her body, her choice. We should NEVER put women in a situation where they have to resort to a back door procedure. How is this even an issue in our modern times? Each judge that will be making this decision should be required to answer the question - God forbid your daughter or grand daughter was sexually assaulted and became pregnant during this attack. Are you prepared to force her to have this baby and be traumatized for the remainder of her life sharing custody with her attacker? Because this is the f'ed up world we live in. She has her rights of choice taken away but he gets all the rights. I understand this is only one part of the issue but few look at all sides.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I 100% agree!
Both sides of the aisle!

I could not agree more with you. I have never seen an honest politician. Some start out that way but inevitably once in the political system they become tainted for lack of a better word. Some go in with good and pure intentions but they never leave the same way they came in...in order to play the political game they have to play dirty. All of them. IMO. And yes, they are all hypocritical to some degree.

roevwade.jpg

Amen.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I have heard it said that the Supreme Court does not generally reverse itself, but rather tends to amend/modify previous decisions. In fact, there have been several decisions since Roe v Wade that have modified things slightly.

However, this court is definitely a different beast than prior and I am a bit fearful.

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
No woman should EVER be in a position where they cannot make a safe, legal decision about their medical care with their doctor. I would never presume to know anyone's mindset about why a health decision is made. I do not think that exceptions for rape, incest, or health of the mother/baby go far enough. We need to make sure we are also protecting the mental health of the mother. My body, my choice.

Keep abortion legal prior to viability.

Politicians are definitely all hypocrites.

I was speaking about this to a friend the other day. Her son is in a Lutheran school, where the teaching is pro-life. He came home and said a friend told him he wouldn't vote for the "blue guy" because they make their babysitters kill their babies. For the life of me, I cannot understand why the hell anyone would tell their child (7 year old) that because they disagree.

I respect everyone's view here, because this is a loaded topic. But I don't think anyone is for killing babies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results