shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think it''s okay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hilde

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''ve got a silly question and I''m not sure if I could post this question here. But this forum seems the most relevant. So sorry...

Well, here is the question. I''ve found a nice ring on this site platin-ice.com but their prices are a bit high for me at the moment. Do you think it''s okay to go with affordable wedding rings right now and when my currently fiance and i can afford more to replace them later?

Thank you so much.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
You need to do whatever works for you and whatever is comfortable. I am sure no matter what you get your FI will love it.

If I may make a suggestion- perhaps go to Rocky Talk and post what you are looking for: pricing parameters, cut, color, style etc. and the very helpful experts there will probably surprise you with some of the great stones they can find. You can get something great no matter what your budget is, so I really think you should post what you are looking for and see what happens. Plus using a PS vendor you can get a discount! HTH

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s fine. I don''t think the SMTR thread would be able to function without upgrades!
3.gif
Go with what you can afford and then maybe upgrade for your first anniversary.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Absolutely! That''s what anniversary presents are for, lol.
9.gif

hilde

Rough_Rock
Hi again...

Thank you for all your responses.
Here is the ring I''ve been wanting to get...but I''d need to be a bit more patient now.

http://www.platin-ice.com/OnlineShop.aspx?PId=240

Another question:
What do you guys prefer; flat or court?

Thanks again...

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
What is a ''court'' style ring exactly? I''ve never heard the term before...

In relation to your initial query, personally I came to the conclusion that if my man had wanted me to wear the same ring set forever, he would have spent more than three figures on it!
9.gif
haha
so I just upgraded, on fifth year anni.
4.gif

the original is still much loved, by the way, and will be taken for outings very regularly....

meresal

Ideal_Rock
If you are refering to wedding bands, personally I consider those to be something I would never want to get rid of. I can understand adding another one later or something of the sort, but I would never want to "replace" an original wedding band. I would recommend taking a picture of the ones you like, to a jeweler that might be able to make them custom for a lower price, or do some more shopping around.

If you need to, you can always go with classic silver bands that you could easily wear the rest of your life... and then add some that are a little more blingy later once they can be afforded.

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
I''m with Meresal, there is just no way I would replace my wedding band. But I''m anti-upgrade in general so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Definitely post on RockyTalk and check with a jeweler about going the custom route. The rings are very pretty but they do seem a tad overpriced. GL!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Even for the UK, I think that is expensive.

I paid no much more than that (with last year''s exchange rates) for a custom made curved plat. band with graduated channel-set melee to match my e-ring.

I also paid a similar amount to that price for a custom-made mokume gane w-band for my husband, and I''m including the cost of shipping, VAT and customs duties.

It was very important to both DH and me that our w-bands are forever bands. I was even married with two - the curved band and an antique 22kt gold band from 1908 that I wear on holiday or if I''m not wearing my engagement set.

I would either look for a cheaper version (RT is a good place to get advice) or depending on how sentimental you are, scrimp and save to get the bands you love and perhaps cut something less important for the wedding. You''ll wear these forever...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in two minds about it. Personally I want my wedding band to be my forever band but if you don''t mind, then do what suits you guys best.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 9:19:52 AM
Author: LaraOnline
What is a ''court'' style ring exactly? I''ve never heard the term before...
Court is rounded (I looked at the website ;-) )

Personally, I like the look of the rounded better, but you have to get what is comfortable for you!! You know??

Also, FI and I are thinking we may do the same thing...I already know what ring I want and a down payment is on it, but it''s an item that we may have to forego on until AFTER the wedding depending on finances. So, I''d probably get a ring that looks very similar (for sake of pictures) for the wedding, then afterwards, get the ring we had originally intended. :) Of course, I already have the band I''d like picked out (with FI''s input) so the sentimentality is with THAT ring, you know?! :)

Also, I say it''s wise to shop around and use this site to find a ''better deal'' because I''m sure you''ll find something you love that is affordable! :)

Good luck!!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 9:57:02 AM
Author: meresal
If you are refering to wedding bands, personally I consider those to be something I would never want to get rid of. I can understand adding another one later or something of the sort, but I would never want to ''replace'' an original wedding band. I would recommend taking a picture of the ones you like, to a jeweler that might be able to make them custom for a lower price, or do some more shopping around.

If you need to, you can always go with classic silver bands that you could easily wear the rest of your life... and then add some that are a little more blingy later once they can be afforded.
Ya i am with Meresal, i will always wear my wedding band, its special. But, get a thin easy one that you can afford and as you get more money you can just "add" the additional bands to what you wear everyday. A plain thin band goes with everything and stacks well -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results