• No, I just move on.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Other, please explain...

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you post negative reviews for vendors or merchants on websites like Yelp or Google?

I’ve posted exactly one negative review. It was for Chipotle. I have had many negative experiences with other merchants and wanted to post negative reviews for them but I don’t have the heart to do it. I feel that I will be ruining their business. Does anyone feel like me?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do post negative reviews and I hope the vendor/merchant can learn something from what I've posted. It should help them to improve their
service but I just dont think some places care.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do when I feel ike I need to warn people about a business. I'm less likely to if it's a small business though for the reason you mention. Businesses game their reviews too so I trust yelp and trip advisor etc less these days

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I post the review based off my experience. So yes. I will do so with clear conscience. I had someone send me an email asking if I would remove it for free food. Hell no, and no thanks, keep your food its why I left the damn review in the first place!

I ONLY leave reviews on companies I've had experiences with, and only for that one point in time. I don't know why some like to leave nasty reviews on a company they've never frequented or had bad experiences with.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I post lots of reviews, but I try to make them honest. For example, I recently stayed in a so-so hotel that had amazing ratings. When I got there, there's a huge sign that says if you rate 5* on tripadvisor we will give you a free gift. This hotel was NOT very good, I picked it based on the reviews that were all fake! Well, not fake, but bribed. So anyways, I wrote a very honest review. Service was ok, location was great, room was kinda icky and if you left a 5* review you got a free gift - so take the 5* reviews with a grain of salt!

I also really like to leave glowing reviews. Like the caterer for my wedding was amazing, went above and beyond, and I wrote a glowing review on every platform I could find! Hopefully they don't think I got a free gift for that ;-)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having formerly been in the service industry a long time, no. I see SO many negative reviews about things that were completely out of the server’s control or even the restaurant’s control. Oh you wanted to sit on the patio and there were bugs? You didn’t read the menu and the food wasn’t the way you imagined?

I would only ever leave a negative review over blatant abuse/rudeness or a severe health code type violation. Other than that I choose to take it up with management/corporate. Last time I talked to a manager it was because despite THREE polite requests, my server kept returning to the table with a dirty wine glass. It was corrected by management and then comped. Didn’t feel the need to blast them online.

I do leave really good reviews when I’m happy though!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have only posted one really negative review but it wasn't on Yelp or Google. It was for a preschool my first son went to, I found out he was being hit daily by two twin boys and when I talked to the teacher her response was "what do you want me to do about it?" :eek2:

So yes, I left a scathing review and pulled him out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rarely post reviews. I post if service/care is amazingly wonderful above and beyond and I post if it is excruciatingly awful above and beyond. So only for the extremes. I posted one bad review years ago regarding a (butcher) Podiatrist whose license should be revoked. And I have posted positive reviews for excellent doctors including my wonderful dentist and my amazing podiatrist.

I wanted to prevent what happened to me with the awful podiatrist from happening to anyone else. I also reported him to my insurance company and the medical board. It was a long time ago so I don't remember the details now.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have posted negative reviews.
One was on Yelp when a local jeweler was rude and dismissive to me.
My other reviews have been on travel sites, and I will comment on restaurants, hotels or attractions, if I think they were good.
I once stayed in a really awful hotel in Amarillo, with a leaking bathroom sink that was making a puddle at my feet. And there was blood smeared on the back of the bathroom door.
Also, the housekeeper tried to open my door at 9 pm. Luckily, I had the chain engaged!
I left a bad review, of course.
I love to give give glowing reviews, if warranted. If the place was just OK, I don't usually comment.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally don't. The only exception was on tripadvisor/hotwire in regard to a hotel that was rated as a 3 star hotel in a resort area with 95% positive ratings which turned out to be a dirty flop house with no elevator that we had to lug our luggage up three flights of stairs to gain access to, only to find the room filthy with holes in the walls, the bathroom full of cracked, moldy tiles, and the sheets dirty (I slept in my clothes on top of the bed and didn't shower in the morning it was so bad). It was also packed with drunk partying 20-somethings on cheap ski vacations. The positive ratings were clearly from groups of young male skiers who liked that the place was cheap and that they wouldn't be charged for damage. I thought my misadventure might serve as a warning to others. I also alerted the travel sites to let them know that this in no way was up to their rating system, and I saw that they later downgraded it to no stars after reviewing the feedback/pictures I sent them. I didn't feel too bad as this was clearly a big business that would not be hurt in regard to it's target clientele by my feedback, and would warn away people looking for something else.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I do in some situations, but rarely.

Hi,

On some occasions. A nursing home I stayed in was so short of supplies like towels, washcloths padding ect. that I did leave a negative review. The next occasion I had to reside in that facility all supplies were available.

Annette

Reactions: D&T

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do for accommodations and restaurants.

DK :))

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have posted negative reviews. Not many but I have. One that I remember was when I was purchasing granite for my kitchen. The company let me pick my slab and asked me to come in so they could lay the pieces/ choose where it would be cut based on the pattern. I had worked overnight so I sent my husband. When he got there they had already cut the pieces, but from a different piece of granite. The slab I picked was still there with my green sold sign on it with my initials. The one they used was a remnant piece, which was a piece left over from another customer. My husband asked to speak to the manager who cursed him out. My husband called me and the owner cursed me out as well. I hung up on him and the accountant had to call me back and apologize.
She said he was from another country and he was always getting into trouble for stuff like that. That he didn’t know how to communicate. Me being not completely unreasonable didn’t think they should have to cut a whole other slab. Also I had already paid in full and I didn’t use a cc, so we went ahead with everything.
I wrote a negative review on yelp and they’ve contacted me twice to have it removed. The last time they offered to make me a granite console table for free if I removed it. I’m waiting for them to offer me some bling! Lol!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I leave honest reviews, good or bad. As a consumer I really appreciate others honest opinions and experiences.
My sister recently tried a Chinese buffet near her house, kinda dingy but had great reviews. She said the food was awful, but there on the table an offer for "$1 off if you leave a 5 star review.... ". :eek2:
Proud to say she declined and left an honest review.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am rating myself on my reviews so I must be biased.....:P2

That said, I do my best to project the positive. I rarely leave criticism--it genuinely has to be "warranted". Thing is, if I'm having a bad meal (over cooked poor service) I usually address the issue while present to give the vendor an opportunity to make things to their standard. I NEVER look for a handout (and have refused) and don't provide bad reviews out of spite. No one wins. And remember, even if you provide a "very good" rating, you can still be contacted why you didn't not give excellent or 5 stars or whatever. Raters are being rated by vendors.

Anyway, too much of who you are is out there hence I no longer post much in terms of reviews, etc. There is little protection in terms of internet privacy--not worth reviewing IMHO. I vote with my feet...I don't return.

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I would not. If I were truly unhappy I would have a conversation with the person in charge and hope for an acceptable solution to what ever the problem is. This has always worked out well in the end.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally don't. The only exception was on tripadvisor/hotwire in regard to a hotel that was rated as a 3 star hotel in a resort area with 95% positive ratings which turned out to be a dirty flop house with no elevator that we had to lug our luggage up three flights of stairs to gain access to, only to find the room filthy with holes in the walls, the bathroom full of cracked, moldy tiles, and the sheets dirty (I slept in my clothes on top of the bed and didn't shower in the morning it was so bad). It was also packed with drunk partying 20-somethings on cheap ski vacations. The positive ratings were clearly from groups of young male skiers who liked that the place was cheap and that they wouldn't be charged for damage. I thought my misadventure might serve as a warning to others. I also alerted the travel sites to let them know that this in no way was up to their rating system, and I saw that they later downgraded it to no stars after reviewing the feedback/pictures I sent them. I didn't feel too bad as this was clearly a big business that would not be hurt in regard to it's target clientele by my feedback, and would warn away people looking for something else.

Good for you :clap: people like me rely on people like you.

I will say that I do indeed post lots of reviews for hotels, especially since I travel more. FWIW, I'm very easy going when it comes to hotel living. long as I have a kitchen/kitchenette working A/C, working bathroom and a clean bed, I don't really want much else. If I ever leave a bad one, best believe conditions were absolutely gross or, staff was on a whole level of bad that shouldn't be in the service industry.

Bad reviews do indeed have their place.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find detailed reviews helpful so I will leave reviews if I have a good or bad experience. I don't generally bother for a neutral experience. When reading reviews, I ignore the ones with no explanation as to why it was rated well (or poorly). Different people have different things they take into account when liking (or not) a product or service. One guy gave a restaurant a bad review for not having a Caesar salad when he went. It was during a salmonella outbreak caused by romaine lettuce. How is that the restaurant's fault!?! At the same time, it helps to know things like it takes an hour for the food to be brought out. If the food is great, I will go on a day I have the time and enjoy rather than go on a day I need to get somewhere after eating.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Not usually. If I send feedback it's usually privately to the company and it really has to be a truly terrible experience for me to write a bad review. And even then I try to use the sandwich method. Tell them 2 things I liked about my experience and the things that went wrong also in the middle. I think it's more useful than just writing only about how terrible the experience was. I think only once or twice have I had an experience where there was nothing redeemable about it

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't write many reviews online period (mostly amazon purchases)... but when I do, I reflect my actual experiences & opinions.

That said, I do use reviews a lot, so I appreciate people who share theirs.

I *do* almost always rate my Uber drivers. Most have been great, but a few not so great. I especially hate cars that smell of BO. Not pleasant. So those get 3 stars. And I indicate 'car smell' as the issue.

Anne

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I post both positive and negative reviews.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's interesting reading how some of you don't post negative reviews even with spectacularly had service. I find honest reviews super helpful and it does sway my decision choosing a service provider. You can usually tell the outlier reviews from the ones that are reasonable. For average service I don't bother and that is the majority of my experience but for really bad or really great service I feel compelled to share to help others.

Michael_Scott_ReviewRamp-e1546571989889.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results