shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you lay out your clothes the night before?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only for formal work meetings, as it would involve deciding which shirt to wear with which jacket, ironing the shirt, pressing the trousers on the trousers press, make sure I have a belt to go with the trousers, polish the shoes, find a new pair of ankle socks, decide on the brooch to wear and pin it to the jacket, and pick out the jewellery to wear on the day.

I do not want to rush around in the morning looking for bits and pieces.

For non-work formal events, I would probably plan in advance what to wear, and have all the bits and pieces within reach a day or so before.

DK :))

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I usually pick out what I'm wearing the night before and pack it in my gym bag because I go to the gym before work and shower and get dressed there. I work in a casual office setting, and most of my clothes are jersey, or knits that don't require ironing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to get up like 2 hours early instead :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have been doing this since my primary school days (even though it was the same pinafore). The boys like this habit as well even though it's just jeans and tees/long sleeves, socks.

With my wfm the past few months, there's no need to lay out anything anymore since I wear my PJs 24/7!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lay out EVERYTHING and my morning is timed to the MINUTE! I shower before bed so I don't wake anyone in the morning (small house, kids room next to the bathroom). I get up at 5:15, my clothes are laid out in the bathroom. By 5:30 bathroom is done, I'm dressed, skincare is done, hair is done, and I'm pumping. By 6 pumping is done, bottles are being set, lunch/water for the day is grabbed, backpack is fully packed. By 6:15 I'm out the door! When the baby is one and I stop pumping I'll get the luxury of sleeping until 6am again! 8 months to go!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, I get my clothes ready the night before. I'm out the door by 6:30am so I don't want to lose any precious sleep time of a morning to sorting clothes. :sleep:

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I often do when it’s cold and it’s a work day. I want to know what I’m putting on when I get out shower in the morning.

I lay out my daughters uniform the evening before & often get her to go & choose me an outfit for the next day.

When it’s warm and if I’m running late I’ll ask her to pick something for me to wear in the morning.

She matches things beautifully including my specs (I have about 30 pairs...), scarves, boots etc. She is 11 & an old soul. I often get more compliments on what she chooses than what I choose myself.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i do if i have an early flight (so not in a loooong time)

but i redo my wardrobe every few years, this last time i got a set of tops/pants i could mix & match for work and another set of tops/pants i could mix & match for home for days i need to grab something quickly.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol I must be strange as I dont spend any time thinking about what I am wearing to work. I just grab the item at the front of the wardrobe. Which is 5/7 of the time garaunteed to be a black dress I can wear to work/and if its not I just move to the second item and repeat.

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
I only do for work days. Weekends I have more time to decide, unless I need to be ready early.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I used to do it for my son...I coordinate his work clothes for him the night before, everything right down to which pair of shoes to wear.
He used to call me his stylist.

As for myself, I also chose my clothes the night before when I used to work. I’d lay out 2 sets of clothing, just in case the weatherman was wrong again in his reporting.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was working I never laid my outfits out the night before but I would plan out in my head what I was going to wear to work a few days ahead of time. Most of my work clothes were dry clean only so I rarely had to iron anything before going to work.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I have a lot of clothes because I love dresses and shoes and cute things like that. But I also have issues with sleep so I do not lay my things out because a technique to help myself fall asleep is to think about the possible outfit combinations and what to wear the next day.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gotta confess ive always worn a uniform to work so its not rocket science what to wear
I only used to get up an hour and a half before i left for the train to devote important waking up time to Bruce Springsteen related things on the internet

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
I gotta confess ive always worn a uniform to work so its not rocket science what to wear
I only used to get up an hour and a half before i left for the train to devote important waking up time to Bruce Springsteen related things on the internet

When I was younger I used to be really anti uniform (probably after 12 years of school uniforms!) but now that I'm older a work uniform would just be so much easier. I envy people that have a work uniform!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I was younger I used to be really anti uniform (probably after 12 years of school uniforms!) but now that I'm older a work uniform would just be so much easier. I envy people that have a work uniform!

Ive worn a uniform since i was 11 only having about 9 months in a job durring that time where we could wear our own clothes
I had plenty of shirts and tops but work appropriate skirts were a problem - as were shoes
i had 3 long skirts and alternated them !
My wardrobe only caters to casual and good ! Nothing in between although i did have to go out and get a couple of job interview outfits
I find clothes a mindfeild

But Jewlery i understand !

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Ive worn a uniform since i was 11 only having about 9 months in a job durring that time where we could wear our own clothes
I had plenty of shirts and tops but work appropriate skirts were a problem - as were shoes
i had 3 long skirts and alternated them !
My wardrobe only caters to casual and good ! Nothing in between although i did have to go out and get a couple of job interview outfits
I find clothes a mindfeild

But Jewlery i understand !

Me too! Also I have really, frustratingly small feet, so shoes are a massive problem for me. :roll2:

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Nope! I change my mind by the time it's morning. Fortunately my work clothes consist of black or navy slacks and flowy tops. So it's not hard to pick something out in the morning. Some Fridays I might wear a red or bright blue pants with a white or block top. Now it's just whatever sweats i wore to sleep.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too! Also I have really, frustratingly small feet, so shoes are a massive problem for me. :roll2:

I have small but wide feet
30 years of wearing the smallest size of men's workboot (although surprisingly comfy) have not been good - i just brought some of those sketchers (not on sale) every one raves about and not only did i have horrendous blisters on my heels but my toes have been so squshed i almost lost a nail i had so many blisters on my toes
I should have got boys sneekers maybe ? but the shop i went to that i thought would have the most competitive pricing was a big box type sporting goods/ apparel store with next to no help in the fitting of shoe dept

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I don't know about that but I actually LOVE a tight schedule! I teach and travel from room to room at school so my entire day is timed down to the MINUTE and I love it.

I would not love getting up that early and having to be at work while tending to a newborn. I still have PTSD from the sleep deprivation and my kid is five :lol-2: . It’s funny that I saw this thread because I was going to start one on tips to becoming a morning person. I’m still planning on doing that.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not love getting up that early and having to be at work while tending to a newborn. I still have PTSD from the sleep deprivation and my kid is five :lol-2: . It’s funny that I saw this thread because I was going to start one on tips to becoming a morning person. I’m still planning on doing that.

I'm the crazy schedule/sleep trainer that already has the baby STTN sharing a room WITH the 5yo! Baby goes to bed 7:30pm 5yo at 8:15pm. I love a schedule!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't, but I should ... which I've been saying for decades.
Sometimes I'm late because of a "wardrobe malfunction".

Superstars like Janet Jackson and Kenny should be prepared.

Last edited:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
I have small but wide feet
30 years of wearing the smallest size of men's workboot (although surprisingly comfy) have not been good - i just brought some of those sketchers (not on sale) every one raves about and not only did i have horrendous blisters on my heels but my toes have been so squshed i almost lost a nail i had so many blisters on my toes
I should have got boys sneekers maybe ? but the shop i went to that i thought would have the most competitive pricing was a big box type sporting goods/ apparel store with next to no help in the fitting of shoe dept

Oh dear, that's not good at all. I live in Skechers, I find them pretty comfortable. It's so important to have comfy, supportive shoes, especially if you're on your feet all day. If your toes are really squished then maybe you need to go up half a size? I can only wear the lace up Skechers as the slip on types are usually a wide fit and my foot moves around too much and gets pushed forward, resulting in sore toes and blisters. Ouch. :(2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results