shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have collections of both yellow and white gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it''s the gemini in me but I don''t think I prefer one to the other . I just think they are totally different looks. I recently bought my first pair of 22k earrings and I love them just as much as my white metal earrings.

Anyway I''m just wondering how many of you have both in your jewelry box.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I have both yellow and white gold jewelry pieces.

My favorite by far is when both colors are combined together into one piece.

I really like the contrast of 18K yellow and white gold and I can go "either way" with my accessories.
31.gif

In order of preference :

#1 Mix of yellow & white
#2 Yellow
#3 White

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Yes. All of my older jewelry is yellow gold and all of my newer pieces are white gold or platinum. I think I just got burned out on wearing so much yellow gold for so many years and now I only wear white metals along with my two-tone watch. I am keeping the yellow gold stuff though because I may want to wear it again some day.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a gemini but I do have a preference.
2.gif

All the stuff I was given when I was growing up is yellow. All the stuff I have bought in the past several years though, is white. I tend not to wear the yellow much at all.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 6:19:35 PM
Author: FireGoddess

All the stuff I was given when I was growing up is yellow. All the stuff I have bought in the past several years though, is white. I tend not to wear the yellow much at all.

Me too. Although I''ve been wearing the gold more recently just because I''ve been wearing more jewelry recently.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have both in my jewelry box. I have yellow gold, white gold and quite a bit of sterling silver. And my e-ring is platinum. I have said this in other threads but I wear white or yellow depending on my clothes. I like white gpld with cool colors like blue, and yellow gold to me looks much nicer with brown for example. I wear a lot of sterling in the summer. It just seems to go well with the "lighter" feeling of the clothes. White gold seems icy and very "pure" to me for some reason. Yellow gold is very rich and warm. I love them both!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been slowly buying a bit of yellow, I always buy white gold or plat, but have been mixing rose gold with white and yellow, or I have been adding to my overall collection with some yellow gold pieces, like some Roberto Coin bangles. I htink some things look so great in yellow, just not sure it looks so great on me, but I sometimes do wear it, so I want to have stuff to go together when I do.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I''m with diamondfan - white, yellow, AND rose! I''m also funny about mixing gold colors though. With the exception of my platinum e-ring, I will generally only wear one color at a time. My current fav is rose, by far.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a gem too and thus far I''ve always worn yellow gold... but I''m kinda switching right now... since I''m having this major ring done and the dh thinks I look better in white gold and I''ve actually come to agree with him... now I''ve been doing other things in white and so I guess I''ll end up with some of both but I''m just gonna mix and match - I can''t be bothered to keep things separate LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 10:11:53 PM
Author: starryeyed
I''m with diamondfan - white, yellow, AND rose! I''m also funny about mixing gold colors though. With the exception of my platinum e-ring, I will generally only wear one color at a time. My current fav is rose, by far.
yes, I keep feeling tempted to do two tone rose/white with my ring... but I''m afraid it would be too trendy and as much as my design might be kinda funky, it''s still unique enough to be timeless (weirdness isn''t set in any particular generation haha) I just love white gold and rose gold together.... but not red rose gold - that light stuff. I was considering plat for a bit because I know my designer really would like me to use that, but I think if I just go for the slightly yellow white gold and don''t plate it I''ll feel like I''m hovering between white and yellow LOL

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to mention I have some sterling pieces too and some platinum. Only one rose gold item though. It''s the old rose gold which I think was different way back when. It''s a bracelet from the 40s.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think rose gold warms the skin nicely. I have some charms that I did in a mix of all three golds and they look great together...but I like the rose or pink, not the really bold copper color.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 yellow gold watches, 2 necklaces and 4 rings with colored stones set in yellow gold.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have yellow, white and rose gold and I wear yellow, white and rose gold and I even mix yellow , white and rose gold. It''s all good to me!!
9.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I have yellow, white and two-tone. Lately, I have been wearing mostly white, although I have a two-tone bracelet I love and tend to wear a lot. My diamonds are all in white gold now.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I have yellow gold and white gold (and sterling silver) jewelry but I tend to wear the yellow gold the most since that''s what I like best. I am kind of itching to get some two tone stuff though.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I have both in my collection. I find that white looks good when you are in black/coloured outfits and gold looks good when you are in beige/khaki/brown earth tone outfits.. especially during summer days when we get a little browner, I think gold looks great.

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
I was glad to see this topic.. All my friends and family have platinum and WG wedding rings and I''ve been feeling like the odd one out with a YG set. I keep flip-flopping over whether or not to reset in WG.

I have such pale skin that anything too white looks cold and anything too yellow looks dreadful on me (my husband''s family is Indian so they have given me lots of 18K and 22k yellow gold which does not particularly suit me)! I actually really like 10K gold or white gold that''s yellowed somewhat. It has just the right color for me. I love pink but I''m wondering how it will look on my skin. I might try it out.

Or maybe I just need to wear jewelry that just shows diamonds, with very little metal!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I started my retail career I worked for a department store in their fine jewelry department, and that was back when yellow gold was still "in." I picked up quite a few lovely pieces with my discount, plus they had a "layaway" program, so I got some (what I considered) great deals and still love everything I purchased. I went through I don''t know how many pair of yg hoop earrings...I was always losing one and having to replace the whole set because I could never find the EXACT SAME size, so I have a few mismatched ones leftover I will melt down someday and do something with. I also have my dad''s solid herringbone 18" chain (I know, but it''s really a beautiful piece because it''s probably 12 mm and solid, as in very heavy) as well as some solid rope chains in different lengths he gave me as well. then I have various little birthstones rings, earrings, etc., that aren''t very valuable but are sentimental. My prize piece is my yg charm bracelet, I once posted pics of it here before...that is one piece I will never, ever part with because my parents started it for me, and dH and I have added to it over the years when we''re on vacations.

I also love white gold and platinum, but I have a ton of sterling pieces, bold things that are more statement pieces than everyday ones....I just love anything jewelry related, basically, I don''t discriminate as far as color but do tend to go with what''s in style.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results