• Yes

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These always give me the willies lol. Not to insult anyone of course theyre no different than the generic trait of long/short second toe. But I have a regular one and my husband has one. When he drives he uses his thumb to grip the wheel and ugh it looks so painful!

Anyways my daughter got it but my son didn't. I was so happy. My kids look so much like their father, it was the one thing that was from my genes!

Anyways. Just a fun poll. What kind of thumb do you have? There arw varying degrees of it I giess

tumblr_lt0zfhe1kl1qe60omo1_400.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do :lol:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Yup!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Nope! Don't have one & neither does DH. :wink2: Interesting poll! :wavey:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Mine's "curvy", like the rest of me, lol!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Most definitely. To go one step further I have hitchhiker's hand (okay, I made that up) but you get my meaning. I'm what is commonly referred to as being double-jointed (hypermobility).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thumbs are sort of halfway between the two photos...???

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Poodles4me|1474083836|4077623 said:
Most definitely. To go one step further I have hitchhiker's hand (okay, I made that up) but you get my meaning. I'm what is commonly referred to as being double-jointed (hypermobility).

Same. Hands and elbows as well.

Q

Queenie60

Mine are hitchhiker's thumbs - thumbs up!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two!
Relax. They're on different hands.

Sorry. This is where my daughter would roll her eyes and say 'Mom, you're not funny.' :lol:

At this point in the poll, a minority of respondents selected 'Regular Thumb'.
Should that term be changed? Or are PS folks 'special'? :))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1474119658|4077696 said:
I have two!

Sorry. This is where my daughter would roll her eyes and say 'Mom, you're not funny.' :lol:

Lol or only people who have it are reading my thread.

I should have put "trump" on the title to get more views ;-)

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1474120077|4077698 said:
december-fire|1474119658|4077696 said:
I have two!

Lol or only people who have it are reading my thread.

I should have put "trump" on the title to get more views ;-)

Nooooooooo!

I wouldn't have read it if I thought it was about the US election! I hit the 'overload' stage some time ago with that.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I am surprised at the number of people here responding "yes!" I don't think I even know anyone in real life who has a hitchhiker thumb!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yes. Funny thing is I never heard that term until about a month ago when my son commented on how I was holding my thumb and told me that they were studying genetic traits in science and I had a hitchhikers thumb. He doesn't have it, neither do my daughters.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never heard of the term at all - how funny. No HH thumb here, though I've always been fascinated by those that have them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1474133852|4077761 said:
I have never heard of the term at all - how funny. No HH thumb here, though I've always been fascinated by those that have them.

The living term I use to refer to my husband's is a "freak thumb" :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks painful having a thumb that goes that far backwards. I tried to strain to make mine do it and it was a no-go. I think
I would have a hard time getting a ride anywhere with my thumb! :lol:

Q

Queenie60

both of my thumbs and all of my fingers are double jointed! Both of my children as well. Especially my daughter, she has the longest fingers and can curl them in many ways. :o

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to say no, as I pulled a muscle trying to imitate the positioning of the hitchhiker thumb! :cheeky:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1474133852|4077761 said:

Like minousbijoux, I had never heard of the term, but I certainly have them. Mine bend back completely flat. My daughter, who is adopted, has even more hyperextended limbs and appendages. She has extremely loose connective tissue, which may be due to Ehlers Danlos Syndrome III. When we considered having surgery on her hips, her connective tissue was an consideration in whether her surgery would be successful.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never having known anything about this matter, I looked it up. I do not know if what this website says is true, because what one finds on the Internet is often not true, but this website claims that there are not only two types of thumbs (but a continuum) and also that the type of thumb one has is not determined by a single gene.

Link...http://udel.edu/~mcdonald/myththumb.html

AGBF

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes and You should see what I can do with my elbows! It always freaks people out Bc I'm double jointed.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well to be fair, I'm not particularly double jointed. I did however play several instruments going up, which maybe accounts for that very large hand spread. (not that my fingers are all that long, they're not) But funny enough most people don't believe I wear a size 8 ring (some cases 8.5!) because I look like I have "long fingers" yeah whatever dude... :wink2:

I also type a lot (and stretch my hands a lot) so maybe something to do with somewhat limber fingers and thumbs)

I tell you what does freak me out is folks with monkey toes. y'all know what I mean when I say that.. L.O.N.G. toes!!! (my dad and sister has those...gawd almighty!!!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results