shape
carat
color
clarity

do you care if Obama smokes ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think he still take a few puffs now and then. Hmmm...wonder what brand of cigs he smokes.
34.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I wish he would quit only because I wish for his health to be free of this significant risk factor. I am not offended however, that our President smokes.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Not really. I have much bigger worries right now.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 3:58:33 AM
Author: zhuzhu
I wish he would quit only because I wish for his health to be free of this significant risk factor. I am not offended however, that our President smokes.
Ditto zhuz.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don''t want anyone to smoke for their health''s sake (and mine).

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Not at all. That''s how he stays so thin.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Actually, when he did his interview the other day, I commented that his lips looked a lot less purple. Maybe he is not smoking, and his circulation/oxygenation is coming back?
9.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish nobody would smoke. One of my best friends died of lung cancer.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I''ll echo what''s been said above, I wish he would quit for his own health. But I don''t think any less of him because he smokes... everyone has their vices, and his could be a lot worse.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it does bother me, if he still does. He has access to every patch, medical professional, medication, etc. that money can buy. So, he should do one or more of those things and be done with it. What a terrible example to set for children, for Americans, for the world.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
If he likes to smoke, he should smoke.

So no, I don''t care.
1.gif

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Well - I think that he should quit for his own good as well as to set a good example for others.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
most of our presidents do smoke,so no big deal to me. heck, he can even have a 6 pack now and then .
143.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, I don''t care a bit. He should quit for his health, but I think being president and stuff probably makes it hard to prioritize quitting!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
If he wants to take the chance of not being around for a daughter''s graduation, or marriage, or the birth of granchildren because he could not stop smoking, and then contracted cancer, that is his business. Not mine.

It''s sets a terrible example. For his children, and the children of this country. But, ultimately, the responsibility, and the choice is his.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:31:41 PM
Author: HollyS
If he wants to take the chance of not being around for a daughter''s graduation, or marriage, or the birth of granchildren because he could not stop smoking, and then contracted cancer, that is his business. Not mine.

It''s sets a terrible example. For his children, and the children of this country. But, ultimately, the responsibility, and the choice is his.

I agree that it sets a terrible example. Now that I think of it, I hope he outlaws cigarettes. The cigarette/tobacco lobby would throw fits, but it WOULD be better for everyone...

LOLOL! I just imagined people sneaking into back allies to buy cigs!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
I do think his smoking sets a poor example and hope that he does really quit.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:56:26 PM
Author: InLuv101

I agree. Apparently, he hasn''t had one since becoming president, so let''s hope he can finally kick it.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 9:43:05 AM
Author: AllieGator
I''ll echo what''s been said above, I wish he would quit for his own health. But I don''t think any less of him because he smokes... everyone has their vices, and his could be a lot worse.

Ditto.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I wish he would quit smoking for his health. Also I do think his smoking sets a poor example, especially since so many young people in America look up to him now.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Smoking and all of the many diseases it causes is one of the biggest drains on our health care system.
If he is going to reform health care, the first thing he should do is quit.
It is slowly killing him and sets a bad example for all of our youth who admire him.
So yes, I do care.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 6:00:43 PM
Author: EBree

I agree. Apparently, he hasn't had one since becoming president, so let's hope he can finally kick it.
he said...he haven't smoke in the WH
2.gif
he didn't say he haven't smoke since becoming president. Cooper said...i'll let you slide with that answer
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 8:20:32 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/4/2009 6:00:43 PM
Author: EBree

I agree. Apparently, he hasn''t had one since becoming president, so let''s hope he can finally kick it.
he said...he haven''t smoke in the WH
2.gif
he didn''t say he haven''t smoke since becoming president. Cooper said...i''ll let you slide with that answer
9.gif
I saw that too. Guessing he is sneaking a few. Just not in the WH. I hope he quits.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 9:47:22 AM
Author: Loves Vintage
Yes, it does bother me, if he still does. He has access to every patch, medical professional, medication, etc. that money can buy. So, he should do one or more of those things and be done with it. What a terrible example to set for children, for Americans, for the world.
As long as it''s not the gum. It would seem quite unpresidential to be cracking and smacking gum all the time. Plus it''s illegal in some parts of the world.
41.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 6:17:44 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Smoking and all of the many diseases it causes is one of the biggest drains on our health care system. If he is going to reform health care, the first thing he should do is quit. It is slowly killing him and sets a bad example for all of our youth who admire him. So yes, I do care.
Ditto.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I don''t care if Obama isn''t a perfect human. I think that having some small vice humanizes him, as will the process of him quitting. He won''t take a holier-than-thou attitude when it comes to addictive tendencies, like Rush Limbaugh did.
41.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I''m sure y''all going to say it''s none of my business, but....... Obama is "smokin''!"
So what! It would be nicer if he didn''t but, it could be worse... he could have preferred cigars
23.gif
but when compared to a President who allowed "rendition" and torture!, smoking cigarettes and playing around with cigars is nothing! It''s always disappointing to me when I realize that someone who I admire smokes but,.. it''s not like he''s up there taking the oath, and dragging on a ciggy.
Give it up Mr President, but we won''t hold it against you if you can''t.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't care if he smokes, I just don't think he ever should do it in public. Kinda like Michael Phelps. It's not good for his public image.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 8:20:32 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
he didn't say he haven't smoke since becoming president. Cooper said...i'll let you slide with that answer src="https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif" border="0">

Oh- I must have misread. Well, I hope he quits successfully ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results