shape
carat
color
clarity

DIY Wedding Decor!!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I'm super excited with how everything is turning out thus far! FI has been painting these awesome chandeliers to hang in the tent and possibly in the trees (if we have enough) and I started painting jars for the tables. While we don't have one set color, FI and I wanted bright 'happy' colors that put everyone in a great mood. My favorite colors are purple, pink and blue, but we've added some green and I might add a yellow or orange as well...I'm undecided at the moment. I LOVE everything thus far! I've just gotten started on painting the jars and only have about 12 done, but they're looking terrific! I need about 100 more to be painted, so I'm going to be BUSY!

chandelier.jpg

chandelier2.jpg

chandelier3.jpg

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!! They look great! I love your idea of different colors. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I mentioned it to my mom at the beginning of planning and she hated the idea so we didn't go with it. :lol:

I have some of my stuff I'd like to post when I get some free time too!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone|1342020824|3232352 said:
Very nice!! They look great! I love your idea of different colors. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I mentioned it to my mom at the beginning of planning and she hated the idea so we didn't go with it. :lol:

I have some of my stuff I'd like to post when I get some free time too!

Oh, my Mom is totally not on board with a ton of my ideas, but FI and I love them and so do every single person I've shared my ideas with. Sure, it isn't typical but it's our special day and we want happy. When FI and I think 'happy', we thinks tons of colors! I'm sure Mom will love how it all turns out. I painted several rooms in her house which she LOVES, but was freaked out when I showed her the paint samples. Mom's don't really 'get it' unless they see it for themselves as a finished product. At least that's how my Mom works lol...FI's Mom actually adores our ideas, so it's good to have at least one Mom who doesn't think we're crazy lol

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Stacy- those look great! We did something very similar. The hall we rented was an old whitewashed church with stain glass windows. It was so pretty it didn't need much so I decided on the same sort of "happy colors" theme. My main colors were ivory and purple, but we also used pink, lime green and salmon accents. We had simple colorful tissue paper flower balls and paper lanterns on the ceiling, and clear mason jars with bright flowers in them on the tables. That's all it needed. I'm about to post a thread here in a few minutes with some non pro pics and will post a link here so you can look if you want to but so I don't thread-jack you.

Good luck on the decor! It looks like you are off to a lovely start!

thatlg

Rough_Rock
Love love this! What will you do with them after? Maybe they're already gone? Where did you buy them and what type of paint did you use. I need to make a few for my friends salon.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
thatlg|1379675969|3524046 said:
Love love this! What will you do with them after? Maybe they're already gone? Where did you buy them and what type of paint did you use. I need to make a few for my friends salon.

Thank you! For the jars, I used a small can of each color (behr brand) in a semi gloss, poured them into the jars, moved it around and poured out the excess. Many were given away at the end of the wedding, but we do have a few left. For the chandeliers, my hubs painted them (after sanding the brass to rough it up a bit) with simple spray paint..I think rustoleum? I just picked similar colors and he did all the work. I gave two chandeliers away, but we live in an old house and I plan to put one up in our front room (DH is completing the painting on the trim and it'll be done by Monday) and one will go in our daughter's nursery (I'm pregnant with our first!). I don't want to get rid of the others, so I'll probably store them for a bit and figure out if I want to sell them or use them in another room in the house!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them!!!!!

I bought a bunch over vases and did that pant technique to the inside. Just for a hitch on our house though.

Were doing some day stuff for the wedding. The main centerpiece is a glass dome. Were thinking now well just stack a bunch of apples in it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel said:
Love them!!!!!

I bought a bunch over vases and did that pant technique to the inside. Just for a hitch on our house though.

Were doing some day stuff for the wedding. The main centerpiece is a glass dome. Were thinking now well just stack a bunch of apples in it.

I think we are painting the bases something. We've got other stuff too of course. But k was pretty excited with this development. As we didn't know what we would put in these.

Our favors will be homemade jelly. It will double as your place card.

uploadfromtaptalk1379703189455.jpg

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1379703194|3524304 said:
Niel said:
Love them!!!!!

I think we are painting the bases something. We've got other stuff too of course. But k was pretty excited with this development. As we didn't know what we would put in these.

Somehow I JUST saw this...scheesh! LOVE the apples and the fact that you're doing jelly as the favor and place card. Too cute! :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyPantsSparkles|1381342770|3534839 said:
Niel|1379703194|3524304 said:
Niel said:
Love them!!!!!

Somehow I JUST saw this...scheesh! LOVE the apples and the fact that you're doing jelly as the favor and place card. Too cute! :)

I hope you have some pics of the decor to share from yours. Sounds beautiful.

I'm just ready to have it already. Tired of talking about having it. :???:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results