shape
carat
color
clarity

DIY makeup

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
So I have decided to throw my balls over my shoulder and DIY for my wedding makeup
6.gif

I am scheduled to have my hair and makeup done with the same person, but I am way to afraid that I will not love my makeup, and there for waste $75 bucks on a makeup trial. I wear makeup daily and am pretty good with it. I just want to learn a few new eyeshadow tricks, maybe some eyeliner tricks too. I have eyeliner tattooed on my upper eyelid, and it looks good without being too obvious, so I am hesitant to use any eyeliner tricks.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what foundation I should buy, or any other must have products?

I know you have to purchase products at MAC if they apply your makeup, what about Sephora and Ulta? I will visiting all of these stores this afternoon and would really appreciate any suggestions!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I wear makeup everyday and think I am pretty good at it however I personally found the makeup trials so worth it because the end result of the trials photographed so much better. I did a trial with traditional makeup and one with airbrush. THey looked the same in person however the airbrush photographed amazingly. Both artists used MAC airbrush foundation for professionals. One thing I would say is use a foundation primer but as far as other preparation I didn''t pay that much attention to what they were doing differently. I also think using a makeup artist will save me some stress the day of. The trial was worth it to me from a trust perspective and now I know that I will love my makeup the day of.

Most makeup counters have a minimum purchase for makeup application. If you are going to do it yourself I''ve found that personally mineral makeup looks terrible in pictures but that is really all the advice that I have.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I just asked the same question and got some great advice here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/makeup-ideas-tips.109221/

Good luck! You''re starting off ahead of me because I know next to nothing about makeup, but I think I''m learning quickly. The book I got ("Ultimate Makeovers") was really helpful because it has a whole section on bridal makeup looks.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
No advice here, but good luck! I''m terrible with my makeup, so I applaud you for being so bold! I''m sure you''ll do a fantastic job, though!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Izzy! I will attempt to share a couple of things I did (did my own makeup for e-photos and wedding day). Doing your own makeup for e-photos is a good way to experiment and get an idea of how you look photographed, if you get your e-photo proofs before the wedding day.
9.gif
If you aren''t doing engagement photos, even just having someone take a couple snaps in the lighting that you''ll be in for the bulk of photos will give you a good idea of how things will look for eternity--no pressure!
2.gif

First, I have to say that I wear makeup every day, but like to look fairly natural, and wanted to look "like myself" on the wedding day.

For eyes, I made it a bit easier on myself by buying an eyeshadow triplet from Target (Boots) (not sure what else to call it; three colors in one package) and then layered them: lightest all over lid up to brow bone (a cream color), next lightest just on lid (a gold tone), darkest just near lash-line (dark brownish-grey). I did wear liquid eye-liner (also Boots), just on the top lid and that helped my eyes pop in photos--you probably wouldn''t need it. I also did eyelash curling and three coats of waterproof mascara (CoverGirl-Lash Exact)--my lashes are pretty long, so that was easy.

I wore a bronzer/blush combo that worked well, since I''m incredibly pale/porcelain (Physicians Formula). It helped me look not so washed out in photos (swept on cheeks, a bit on chin/nose/forehead).

For lips, I just wore a wine sort of color and some gloss over that. The gloss wore off as the photos wore on, but the stain of the lipcolor was still there.

Hope this is somewhat helpful!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
If I''m being honest, I would still strongly suggest that you get a professional trail done and at least try it out...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results