shape
carat
color
clarity

Different color for MOH dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, I''ll be having 6 bridesmaids and 1 MOH. I''ve been playing around with the idea of picking the color, length and fabric and then having them pick the style. But in addition or instead I wondered about a different color for my MOH. One color I''m eyeing for my wedding is raspberry or berry. But I''m not sure if that''s too much for 6 dark-skinned women to be wearing so I''d like a duller, muted hue like dusty rose and then have the bouquets and table settings shine with the berry color. My question is, would you have the MOH wear the berry color and the 6 wear the dusty rose or vice versa. Or would you forget the two colors all together? How do you guys feel about different color for the MOH versus BMs? I''m so lost I can''t make up my mind.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I didn't do this because I only have one primary wedding color, but I like the idea. My friend did this for her wedding in which I was a bridesmaid. She had us all choose different two-tone dresses. For the 3 bridesmaids, the main color was light blue and the accent color was brown. For the MOH, the colors were reversed - mostly brown with light blue trim. Here's an example...(I'm the one standing right next to the MOH in case you're curious).

jstar-bridesmaids2.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I think if you''re okay with the idea... go for it. I personally don''t want anyone else to stand out BUT ME in the photos. Having different color gowns, next to a white gown, the person in the colored different dress stands out more than the bride, IMHO. When they are different styles, they don''t stand out much if at all, as wehn they are different colors. Just my .02

E B

Ideal_Rock
I agree with tlh- if you like it, go for it! It isn''t really my cup of tea, but I''m just one opinion. I like either the same color on everyone, or different shades of the same color on everyone, not just on one person.

Love the idea of each woman choosing her favorite style of dress, though!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
My MOH wore green while the others were in blue. I personally like distinguishing the MOH from the other girls a bit, and I didn''t feel like her styling competed with mine, but I can see how that could be distracting for some people, too. If it''s something that you''d still like when you look back at your pix a decade from now, then go for it! Let me see if I can dig up a picture of my girls...

6ps  bridesmaids at water.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 11:29:02 AM
Author: tlh
I think if you''re okay with the idea... go for it. I personally don''t want anyone else to stand out BUT ME in the photos. Having different color gowns, next to a white gown, the person in the colored different dress stands out more than the bride, IMHO. When they are different styles, they don''t stand out much if at all, as wehn they are different colors. Just my .02
Ditto.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
It''s funny that you mention those 2 colors because those are the exact 2 I am using for my bridesmaids! My MOH is in the dusty rose and the other 2 are in Raspberry. I only have 3 total, not 6 - but I really like color so to me it wouldn''t be overwhelming, and I think it is nice to make the MOH stand out.

As everyone else said - if you like it, then do it! Try not to overthink it too much because it can really make you crazy!!!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Instead of a different colored dress you could do a different colored sash, or a larger or different bouquet.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I am doing this. My girls are wearing dark red dresses with a black band at an empire waist. The matron of honor didn''t want a younger looking strapless dress, so she is wearing an all black completely different style dress.

I think its all up to what you like!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I completely disagree with this statement, however, i understand how someone would feel that way
12.gif

I really like when a MOH is in either a different style OR a different color. No bridesmaid that i have ever seen, no matter what the color they are wearing, have ever taken my eyes off a bride at the ceremony, reception, or pictures. the focus just is on the bride and that''s that. I have also been a bridesmaid enough times to know that no one was ever looking at me or any of the other bridesmaids AT ALL.

so...i say whatever you like - go for it! and jstar''s picture was really pretty with the MOH in brown BTW...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Violet! It was a beautiful, classy wedding that I was thrilled to be a part of.

For my own wedding, I let the girls pick their own dresses within some guidelines, and my MOH chose a strapless dress with a bow detail at the empire waist, while the other girls all chose dresses with straps and no bow. This kind of happened unintentionally (any of the other 3 could have picked strapless if they wanted to, and nothing prevented that but their own tastes). But I like the idea of the MOH having a different neckline or detail than the others. It sets her apart in a really subtle way. Would be another idea for you to think about.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 5:50:09 PM
Author: Dannielle

Ditto.

Double ditto!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t personally want anyone else standing out either...helllo...the bride...BUT my sister needed to stand out as MOH, so she will be wearing a different color dress. She will be wearing a chocolate dress with sage ribbon and the other BM''s will be wearind sage dresses with chocolate ribbons.

My previous comment aside, I don''t think it looks bad at all.I think as long as your colors are complementary, it will look lovely. I do second what another poster said though, AVOID 2 shades of the same color!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Imho, I would follow what others have said about changing the style, sash, bouquet but NOT the color. In Doodle''s pic (hope I''m not offending you Doodle), the MOH in green is standing out and my eye goes back and forth between the bride and the MOH and it''s competing. If you would have a problem with the MOH sticking out, I would not put her in a different color dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results