shape
carat
color
clarity

Did this pandemic bring your family closer?

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Let's move out of jewelry box a bit! Well, I started this thread because I wanted to know and hear from you guys on how this pandemic improve your family relations. I, myself have some self realizations on family ties, and it made me look forward each day to spend more time and enjoy time with them. How about you, kindly share your thoughts.

Much appreciated,thanks!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
this global health pandemic has brought my family much, much closer together. my husband has worked from home since march. we are together 24/7 with our two cats. and it is just lovely, really lovely. (especially so, when i, momentarily, forget about all those adversely, impacted and affected)

it is good and reassuring to know that even though we are constantly together, we are happy with each other and loving to each other. we have grown more bonded and stronger and seem to enjoy each other and able to laugh at and laugh with each other ... more ...

we really lucked out with one another. perpetually grateful, i thank my lucky stars and count our blessings

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, as my mum and bro live a few time zones away from me in another continent.

The frequency of communications via phone or WhatsApp remains the same.

I was due to fly out for a visit in May 2020 which has to be postponed, probably to October or November 2021 now.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, as my mum and bro live a few time zones away from me in another continent.

The frequency of communications via phone or WhatsApp remains the same.

I was due to fly out for a visit in May 2020 which has to be postponed, probably to October or November 2021 now.

DK :))

October and November sound doable
something to really look forward to

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
October and November sound doable
something to really look forward to

Yes and no, in that yes it is good to see them, no because it is duty rather than a holiday!

She nags from the moment she sees me without fail! She would say something in the line of "you have put on weight", and in the same breath "what would you like to eat?" I can't win! :roll2:

DK :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes and no, in that yes it is good to see them, no because it is duty rather than a holiday!

She nags from the moment she sees me without fail! She would say something in the line of "you have put on weight", and in the same breath "what would you like to eat?" I can't win! :roll2:

DK :lol-2:

'Lucky' for me it was too exspensive for me to go home very often
its cheaper to fly to Aussie than it is to get to Dunedin from the North island when i needed to

Living on a different island had its advantages

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH and I have always been super close and we are very fortunate as we love each other’s company. We aren’t closer because of the pandemic as we’ve always been like this.
❤️

And I’m also very close with my parents and sister and my nieces and that hasn’t changed either. But we aren’t seeing them and that’s been challenging. I speak to them often but won’t see them til I know it’s safe.

beatricecrummles

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Let's move out of jewelry box a bit! Well, I started this thread because I wanted to know and hear from you guys on how this pandemic improve your family relations. I, myself have some self realizations on family ties, and it made me look forward each day to spend more time and enjoy time with them. How about you, kindly share your thoughts.

Much appreciated,thanks!

Fortunately, we bonded more compared when there was no lockdown yet. Before everyone was super busy that we did not have time even eat together. Thanks to the quarantine, it is a blessing in disguise. We were able to talk - as in real damn talk to each other. And we found out things that we were not aware of that slowly push us away from each other. So I think this lockdown taught us to communicate and reached out.

And then luckily I found the same insight when I am browsing through some articles online for a research (https://youandyoursshow.com/2020/06/29/perks-of-quarantining-with-family/). I was able to relate and learn a few things too. I do love my family.

Check the article, it is nice. And if you found one, please share :dance::read:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH and I have been together 24/7 for many years now, so no, we’re not closer because I don’t think it would be possible to be :lol: Our son lives 5000 miles away, so definitely not closer geographically, although we’ve been spending more time FaceTiming as we haven’t seen him or future DIL since December 2019. We’ve been spending nearly 2 hours a day FT since last week when they picked up a puppy to foster. We’re getting our daily fix of our little foster ‘grandson’ whilst he’s with them.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I have really enjoyed the time alone together at home with just us and our critters. I think we’ve gotten to know one another in a wonderful way, and I am so grateful.

However, my other family members and I have grown apart a bit. I can’t see them, or travel to them. My 75 year old father has taken ill, but lives across the country. It’s devastating not to be able to travel to him due to his health and safety.

My sister is also deeply anxious in general, and more so due to the virus. So is her boyfriend. She has already had COVID and was basically asymptotic...her anxiety is making it really hard for me to be around her and even talk to, I hate to admit it. She’s local but I’ve barely seen her in months and don’t really have the mental stamina to talk to her frequently.

tracey001

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yes, because there is time for each other, and storytelling, bonding to be formed in the family.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results