shape
carat
color
clarity

Designers who use lots of lace and button down backs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know of any for wedding dresses?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
MF, do you want a lace dress that buttons all the way up the back (covers your back)? Because I can tell you from experience that that is VERY hard to find. So much so that I am having my dress made. But that is also because I have other picky requirements...
20.gif
I am sure we can find you something.

If, on the other hand, you just want a lace dress that has buttons in the back...Well, that is easier to find! Let me see what I can come up with. Though hopefully some of the more knowledgeable girls will also jump in! Ebree?
2.gif

ETA: What's your approximate budget? That would help narrow it down. Also, do you care if the dresses are silk or not?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
This Watters dress says it has buttons down the back, but there aren''t any pics of the rear...

pswatersbride9043B.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, the images from Watters aren''t working, so here''s another one:

pswatersbride9043B.JPG

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the back...

Watters has a few other really cute lace dresses, and I would assume they would also have buttons.

Do you care if the buttons are functional? Many wedding dresses are outfitted with zippers and decorative buttons.

pswatersbride9043Bback.JPG

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I was considering this one, except that I wanted a silk dress and one with a back. It looks better in person. Oh, and the buttons are just for show, it has a zipper...

psCasablanca 1816front.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
And there is the Queen of Lace...

Monique Lhuillier

Not sure how many of her dresses have buttons, but they are certainly gorgeous. And $$$.

ETA: I'll wait to hear back from you before I post more. Do you have any other requirements?

jasper

Shiny_Rock
Fatafelice,

The Casablanca 1816 is a lovely dress. Perhaps they can alter it to cover the back with real fabric?

Vogue pattern number 2788 has some lace, and also has a back zipper with optional "buttons for show". After raising the front neckline by 3" to a sweetheart neckline, and by 9" in back, it is stunning but modest. (With a good dress model, it is surprisingly easy to raise the neckline.)

Here is Vogue's picture of 2788 as a wedding dress:
http://img.sewingtoday.com/cat/20000/itm_img/V2788.jpg

This website lists some major options in dress patterns, with links to examples:
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/makingem/Patterns/ShapeIndex.htm

-- Jasper

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Jasper: But they can''t make it in silk and cotton instead of polyester.
2.gif
That is why I am having my dress custom-made.

I think Jacqueline has some pretty lace dresses as well. Here''s a pic I saved of another bride...

jacquelin dress2.JPG

jasper

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 12:43:30 PM
Author: fatafelice
Jasper: But they can''t make it in silk and cotton instead of polyester.
2.gif
Well, that''s a bummer! (LOL)

That is why I am having my dress custom-made.
That sounds familiar. Marie is custom-making her dress so that it fits (and has real shoulders).

-- Jasper

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
that casablance is gorgeous from the back!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Not sure about the front though..
40.gif

I'm looking in the under $1,000 range, so should be able to have a lot of options
I'd like for there to be silk and not all lace and it doesn't have to have a closed back, open would be better for me

How much is it costing for a custom dress, I'm picky too! :)

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
1768B_L.jpg
1768F_L.jpg
1768 Casablanca This one is also right up my alley. I like how the front is plain with a little detail on the bodice, doesn''t look like there is buttons though. They don''t have to work, I wonder if a seamtress could sew them on?

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I like this one too 1849 CasaBlanca

1849.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
1827F.jpg
No buttons again! But sooo beautiful I love the front
18.gif

1827B.jpg

Thank you for enlightening me with Casablanca I love their gowns!!
30.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
candicemarie.jpg
This is a beauty Maggie Sottero- Candice Marie
candicemarieback.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 2:17:11 PM
Author: MustangFan

Thank you for enlightening me with Casablanca I love their gowns!!
30.gif

You''re welcome!
1.gif
As for the buttons, if you don''t care about them being functional, they can always be added.

Is there anywhere nearby that you could go try some of these pretty dresses on? Be sure to take pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results