shape
carat
color
clarity

Depression Era Cooking with Clara

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone seen this youtube clip of Clara, who is 91 years old, cooking depression era dishes? It''s been around for awhile, but I just stumbled upon it recently. She is adorable and it seems pretty timely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuMkW35BwK8

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is a sweetie. I think I will try making that. I looks nice
1.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
There are a series of her videos on Youtube and they are doing a DVD cookbook. I just love her. So much to be learned from our elders.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Clara!! Looks yummy to me!!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
She''s so adorable! And while I never thought I''d say this... her pea & potato pasta looks really good!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
She''s soo cute!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
This lady is so cute! The recipes are simple, and cheap. Very appropriate for the times.

<----- Has apparently lived in the depression all her life, because my favorite comfort food ever is fried potatoes with eggs
18.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is adorable although that dish does not appeal to me at all! But I''m sure it tastes better than it looks!
3.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I just made that dish. The kids like it! I put some garlic in to give it some flavour and chopped up courgette too.
1.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I made the peppers and eggs. I used the small yellow and red peppers from Traders and got a yummy out of my hubby. He even ate the leftovers the next day.

Maisie, glad the kids liked it!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The kids love pasta but trying to get them to eat vegetables is another thing altogether! They ate peas which was very unlike them. I will definitely make this again, and check to see what else we can try. Thanks for posting that link!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks great for her age.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 12:35:12 PM
Author: Maisie
Well I just made that dish. The kids like it! I put some garlic in to give it some flavour and chopped up courgette too.
1.gif

Well it must good if it got your kids to eat veggies!

And I had to google courgette-we call it zucchini in the U.S. Sounds silly, but for some reason I had no idea there were different names for veggies in Great Britain!
3.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 11:05:05 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 3/3/2009 12:35:12 PM
Author: Maisie
1.gif

Well it must good if it got your kids to eat veggies!

And I had to google courgette-we call it zucchini in the U.S. Sounds silly, but for some reason I had no idea there were different names for veggies in Great Britain!
3.gif
I didn''t know either. How odd! I would rather call it a zucchini, it sounds so much more exotic!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 1:59:38 PM
Author: Lorelei
She looks great for her age.

Doesn''t she!!
This kind of cooking is fantastic for kids, I think I''ll bookmark Clara.
Thanks for the link!

L.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
don''t forget aubergine (aka eggplant for us Colonists!)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 10:36:57 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
don''t forget aubergine (aka eggplant for us Colonists!)
I have never tasted an aubergine but I have heard of it! Maybe I should get one.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Clara reminds me of my 92-year old neighbor. They even cook with a similar style...no frills, I mean.

Her poorman's meal looked really good until she stuck hot dogs in it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results