clarity

Debbie Reynolds died

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Gooood mornin'".... that's all I can think about...

No.... ;(

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... the day after her daughter died, heartbreaking! :blackeye:

I saw Reyholds about 50 years ago.
For some reason she presided over the grand opening of a Zody's department store in So. California.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Terribly sad that she lived to hear of her daughter's death. It probably broke her heart. ;(

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Debbie's son said her last words were she wanted to be with Carrie. Heartbreaking.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My. gosh. I hoped that wouldn't happen. Carrie's death must have been a great shock and heartbreak to her.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep visualizing that picture of Debbie when Carrie was first born, and Debbie has her hair in a ponytail, and holding up baby Carrie. As crazy dysfunctional as their relationship might have been, they were still everything to each other. Debbie loved her daughter so much, and so deeply. She just couldn't bear to live without her. So in her completely practical way, she thought she would just go join her. That's how I see it.

I hope they are both together again, in a better place. Rest in peace Debbie and Carrie.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Such a sad situation for their family. I can't imagine having to plan two funerals especially considering how well known they both were.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1482992918|4110270 said:
I keep visualizing that picture of Debbie when Carrie was first born, and Debbie has her hair in a ponytail, and holding up baby Carrie. As crazy dysfunctional as their relationship might have been, they were still everything to each other. Debbie loved her daughter so much, and so deeply. She just couldn't bear to live without her. So in her completely practical way, she thought she would just go join her. That's how I see it.

I hope they are both together again, in a better place. Rest in peace Debbie and Carrie.

ditto this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1483007765|4110296 said:
LLJsmom|1482992918|4110270 said:

ditto this.

Yes. This is so sad. If only Debbie Reynolds died the day before Carrie Fisher. Am I the only one who thought this? How awful that Debbie Reynolds died knowing her daughter had died. Heartbreaking in every way.

At least they had a great relationship eventually though it was a complicated one and took some time to get to that point. They had many years of estrangement but after that difficult period in their lives they became best friends. They lived next door to each other in Beverly Hills and Carrie said her mom was her inspiration and how much she admired her and vice versa.

I hope they are together now forever at peace. ::)

debbiereynoldsandcarriefisher.jpg

debbiereynoldsandcarriefisher.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
such sadness for one family, very very heart breaking. :(

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
Poor Billie Lourd. I can't imagine her heartbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
:(sad

What is with 2016??
Geez.

Another duo that passed:
Zsa Zsa Gabor died of a heart attack on the same day her adopted son passed away from his motorcycle accident injuries.

I can't imagine having to plan 2 funerals at once.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
such sadness for one family, very very heart breaking. :(

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1483013924|4110305 said:
If only Debbie Reynolds died the day before Carrie Fisher.

This is probably not the place to argue. I didn't want to be the person to start this thread and am glad that Matata had the courage to start it. For those of us who who grew up on Debbie Reynolds and then were young enough to watch Carrie Fisher bloom, it is just too sad even to write about casually.

However, I think you are missing something here, missy. This could only have happened in the order that it did. (In my opinion, of course.) It was Carrie's death that brought on her mother's stroke; had she not died, her mother would, also, still be alive. It wasn't as if Debbie Reynolds had some terminal disease. Her heart and health were broken by the blow of Carrie's death.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, no I realize that is a strong possibility. However it could also be just a coincidence because Debbie Reynolds was 84 years old so it could have been just a coincidence. Either way a huge tragedy and my heart goes out to all their loved ones. 2016 was a year filled with great loss. So many talented amazing artists died. :cry:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to this thread. How about we share a favorite scene from a movie? Or favorite movie? Mine has to be Singin' in the Rain. Remember when Gene Kelly slams the car door and tries to walk away and part of his jacket gets caught in the car door? And Debbie lets out this huge, unrestrained like I'm going to choke laugh? I loved that. Or when she and Gene Kelly are in the empty stage set and he sings You Were Meant for Me. OMG that was my idea of romance for so many years. :lol: and when I read about how hard she worked in that role and what a jerk Gene Kelly was to her? RESPECT!!! And that beautiful charming smile in All I do the whole day is dream of you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your Debbie REynold's favorite movie LLJsmom. Great idea. It is hard for me to choose just one. I agree with you that Singing in the Rain was and still is a masterpiece. Pure movie magic. The way films were meant to be. :love: :love: :love:

Of her more recent films (though I am not sure we can call this a recent film but still relatively speaking) I loved her with Al Brooks in Mother. Hilarious. Not a top 10 film by any means but still I so enjoyed her performance in this film. She embodied many characteristics that make up mothers in general. And showed the funny side of what is often a frustrating relationship.

I loved The Unsinkable Molly Brown. Her energy was infectious and she gave us strength and courage and the will to keep on going. Survival and appreciation.

Lastly she was the Voice of Charlotte in the classic Charlotte's Web. One of my childhood favorite movies. Debbie Reynolds did an amazing job as Charlotte and she gave Charlotte something special that another actress probably wouldn't have been able to do.

Debbie Reynolds was special and that came through in all her movie roles.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1483024053|4110347 said:
missy|1483013924|4110305 said:
If only Debbie Reynolds died the day before Carrie Fisher.

This is probably not the place to argue. I didn't want to be the person to start this thread and am glad that Matata had the courage to start it. For those of us who who grew up on Debbie Reynolds and then were young enough to watch Carrie Fisher bloom, it is just too sad even to write about casually.

However, I think you are missing something here, missy. This could only have happened in the order that it did. (In my opinion, of course.) It was Carrie's death that brought on her mother's stroke; had she not died, her mother would, also, still be alive. It wasn't as if Debbie Reynolds had some terminal disease. Her heart and health were broken by the blow of Carrie's death.

Deb, just another thought I had...maybe Debbie Reynolds was holding on for her daughter? I remember her once saying she was worried what would happen to her daughter if she wasn't around...just a thought. And after Carrie Fisher died maybe Debbie Reynolds felt that she could finally let go and be at peace? Maybe she was just hanging in there so she could take care of her DD.

Also want to add (((hugs))) to you. When we disagree it is always civilly no? And also we are just having a discussion and not so much a argument anyway. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results